• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Martin_Arildsson

• dannyboy

• mobsterone

Where is dannyboy at?

Felt a bit overtrained overall with the hands. Took whole weekend off.

Did a gripper workout this morning.

Warmup on #1

BH reps on filed #2

LH a few attempts on a pretty hard HG300

RH a few attempts on BBE, came within a hair... That was much better than last week

Strapholds:

LH 3 sets with my filed #2 with 2,5kg

RH 3 sets with #3 with 1,25kg for 10 seconds

Pretty good session.

V-bar is going allright. Working really slow with my smaller and slicker v-bar. I didn't train with this one for the euros, and i did for other contest. Since the euro was a bit dissapointing i hope this change of bar will help.

Finished with 115kg both hands for reps. Slowly raising weight by the week.

im here theo. I started that prog again. Only on day 3 so far. Ill let you kno how it goes.

Hello there,

Grippers: closed my RB300N! Very nice! Wanted to do the RB330N but that was still a half inch off.. Hope to make a compilation of a RB300N and a RB330N and a BBE someday :)

Strapholds also, with a #3 and a #2 for lefty. Held a #3 with 1,25kg for 25sec.. Wanted to do another set but that turned out to only 6 seconds.... Bummer.. I am obligued to say that i set the #3 in a choker, since that is easier :whistel

At the gym i did some RT work, came out to both hands 72,5kg.. Not so good..

I am doubting about David's contest. I will check with school tomorrow :erm to see if i can go.. The thing is, i have to get points every year. 60 credits every year, and i am in my 3rd year.

So, 1st year i still have 12 credits left from 60...

And, 2nd year i still have 32 credits left from 60 !!!

And this year, 3rd year i also have to do my regular 60...

and considering that 1,5 credits stands for 40 hours studying, i still have work cut out for me! :cry

So i am pretty sure i won't make it, since my exams are right in the week before the contest... Anybody have some advice?

Edited by DuTCH

To mess up my gripwork! :)

Nono, my big GROLSCH friend Moser is organizing a RT event somewhere around november/ december and i want first place!

btw, what's your advice big fella?

Edited by DuTCH

Don't worry about the RT's. I am doing them as well even though thickbar lifting is not included in the Australian Championship in December. Everyone interested in allround grip strength should do thickbar lifting in my view. Just don't go overboard with it.

Good luck at the AGC then Mikael!

Been a bit dissapointed since i know said that i won't compete.. Had to do it though, but man, i sure was fueled after seeing the results at the GGC!!

Anyway, didn't do much work. Since i signed up for the MM1 the focus will be a bit more towards grippers.

Yesterday: small session with grippers,

warm up #1

3 reps with #2

2 reps with HG300 BH

5 attempts #3 in a choker, 0,5cm LH 3 times closed

3 attempts with BBE in choker 0,5cm 3 closed!

2 sets of 5 reps with BBE in choker, all closed , clickclick!!

2 attempts with RB330N at parallel, missed by a hair.

Been a bit dissapointed since i know said that i won't compete.. Had to do it though, but man, i sure was fueled after seeing the results at the GGC!!

Me too. Seeing the v-bar results fired my Sat nite training session up something chronic.

PS: Tell me what you would have done and I'll do those as my warm-ups... just for you ha ha

I think you mean the RB330N?? Well, the RB330N is more like a 3.5 no less. It is really hard. Maybe 3.6... It is waaay harder than my BBE..

your gripper will be sent right now, im off to the post office, so no worries! Bit of luck, it will be there friday ;)

PS: Tell me what you would have done and I'll do those as my warm-ups... just for you ha ha

You got jokes!! Hmm, for starters, let's just see if you can get 145, then 155kg and then 165, and 170-175kg... Good luck!

I think your first three numbers seem a good place to aim for. :D Good lad, I'll do it!!

Yeah, guess who i'll be cheering for on the 12th?

Just received an email from Wout Zijlstra. The reigning highland games champion... He asked me to participate in a stronman contest... Wow.. This came out of the blue, it will be in 2 months..

I think i will do it, but i am worried about my shoulder. If i enter, i may not be able to do the log, since my shoulder can't handle that yet.. That may look stupid though. Anyway, we'll see.

Finally got around to season Moser his V-bar.. Rub in , rub out.. It has a nice layer of chalk on it. It was really tough to do 120kg on it, but yesterday 135kg BH flew 1"up... not good enough yet! Ended with 125, 120, 115kg...

Thanks Ben!

Well, signed up for the MM1 and right away my strength hit rock bottom!! Nervous, who knows... So it was time for a change..

I figured i need to hit the grippers really hard and thoroughly exhaust them, rest and do it again..

Warm up #1

Filed #2 for 2 reps.

#3 for 1 RH

Workout:

For left hand, a goal # of 20 singles with the BBSM (2.7) wich i reached.PR! Next time is 30 singles. Btw, it's not that i missed the 21st, but i was bored and it takes too much time.

RH:

choked BBE, 1cm, 5 singles

Choked #3 (2005) 1,3cm 5 singles

I mixed the singles up, doing the BBE, and then the #3 etc...

then 5 singles with #3 (2004)

LH, straphold with 2,5kg filed #2

RH, clicks with HG300 (2.8) and BBSM.. 10 and 8 with HG300 and 25 with BBSM

RH, did straphold with 2,5kg.

BH finished with repping the #1.

thatbathatthatthaththat was all folks!!

Felt like doing a bit more work for right hand. I did 30 singles with my cert. #3... So in total that's 35 singles for today with the #3...

Skipped V-bar yesterday, since i am preparing for that MM1 gripper. Did some block weights, for time..

Today:

Grippers

Set the choker on BBE to 2cm and the new #3 to 1"

RH work:

warm up #1

#2 for a single

BBSM for 1

#3 for 1

RB300N for 1

BBE in choker for 5 singles..

And the #3 in choker for 5..

Did every single with a max hold..

Last set was a straphold with 2,5kg with BBSm for 20 sec.

RT, i know it blows my crush, but couldn't resist.

GOt (incl. pin) 74kg left and 79kg right.. Going up!!

maybe tonight some more work for grippers.. I really hit it hard and then when rest time comes, i'll see what happens...

Probably gonna set the SE in choker again. See if i can close it with 0,5cm.. This should give me some more strength for a hold...

Pfff, not much going on...

Grippers, had a pretty crappy day.

#3 in choker at 2,5cm.. Did 3 closes..

BBE in choker at 2 cm.. Did 2 closes.. Still progress. But not good enough! I mean, i did a friggin' good close on it on vid!

Missed my 2004 #3 by 0,2cm lefty!

Some strapholds afterwards, but had trouble getting that lace inbetween..

Started with one hand pinch.. Best was 28kg right. and 26 left. Have to work here..

Some TTK work too...

Haven't got a confirmation about German Grip Comp, hope to enter there. But hey, i am not German :)

Got confirmation from Hermann!!! Germans, i am there!!

That means war!!! :rock