Help!

dannyboy

well ................ I DID IT!

i closed my #3 right handed

saturday night i used a 1 inch set and closed it, it was supposed to be an atempt!

i always thought when i finaly get that thing closed that i would freak out, but i didnt realy. although i had a huge smile on my face :)

last night i repeated it again.

ill be the first to admit though that it was a very close set, maybe 1 inch or so.

but im still happy. its a good start!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannyboy

• mooinabc1

• pdoire

• bencrush

Danny boy that very nice to hear that

I was surprise in a good way.

Know closing that BB grippers.

Man Dannyboy have I had fun reading this intire post. It was neat starting with your first rookie question and reading up to your #3 close :rock Congrats :bow

thanks alot guys

i tried closing it again last night and failed

but i remember when i first closed my #2 also, it was a loooong time before i could consistently close it

damn, since gettting my #3 closed 2 days in a row, ive had nothing but bad workouts. havent closed it again since and for that matter my reps are way down too. most i can get now is 23 reps with my #2

hmmmmmm!!!!!!

Danny,

We all have bad days, just keep pushin on to get that 3 consistant. Usually after a bad grip day I take a few days off to recover. Keep working and u'll get the #3 consistant before you know it! :mosher

Congrats man that's awsome :rock

i took 4 days off and woooooe, i may as well of taken a month off. oh well in 2 weeks ill be back to where i was. its weird with grip i loose strength pretty fast

I've had the same experience in general with training... that I lose strength quickly....not as much with grip though...

I'm starting to suspect that it has to do with low volume.... that if you train with low volume, but often, you gain strength quickly... but you lose it quickly aswell.

I'm thinking about incorporating high volume workouts now and again.... when ever I have weak days perhaps... and then rest a couple of days after. Maybe you should try that?

Edited by nagual

I've had the same experience in general with training... that I lose strength quickly....not as much with grip though...

I'm starting to suspect that it has to do with low volume.... that if you train with low volume, but often, you gain strength quickly... but you lose it quickly aswell.

I'm thinking about incorporating high volume workouts now and again.... when ever I have weak days perhaps... and then rest a couple of days after. Maybe you should try that?

yea i think yoru right about losing strength quickly when doing low volume.

i would start high volume but then i would have to take more time off, and i cant!!!!! lol

although im not as addicted to gripping right now as i was a month ago, i guess we have priorities and right now something else has taken first place (for now)

lately all ive been doing is no set closes, when im home i close it about once every couple hours. i never miss a right hand close and its getting quite easy, left hand i am a hair hair away from closing it though

ill go back to my regular training soon but for now this is a nice change

Hi: Dannyboy

It did not take you long to close the #3.

I think it was 7 months of training and think of the

good things coming in another 7 months.

Did you start the Strap hold on the #3?

And how pounds can you do on it?

I remember you doing the strap hold and how

much it took to close the #3.

My best to you.

hey i havent heard from yu in a while. tell me how your training is coming please.

am yes i closed the #3, i did it 2 days in a row. then of course some stuff came up, i took a bit off gripping and then came back and couldnt close it anymore. right now i cant close the #3 and im just working on my no sets with my #2, im doing about 6 - 10 closes spread out though out the day, and i never miss with my right hand, however my left is usualy close but i rarely get it. actualy with my right hand i can no set my #2 quite easily.

im gunna resume my quest for the #3 soon, but right now im just not mentaly there

Edited by dannyboy

Hi: Danny boy

My training is the KTA program.

Iam doing Strap holds with the #2 the hard one and can do

11 pounds on it. I micro load each day with two washer each day

that is about 6 washer=1/2 pounds. And in october it will add up to

30 pounds with micro loading.

My stap is 1/32 inch thick.

Hi: Danny boy

My training is the KTA program.

Iam doing Strap holds with the #2 the hard one and can do

11 pounds on it. I micro load each day with two washer each day

that is about 6 washer=1/2 pounds. And in october it will add up to

30 pounds with micro loading.

My stap is 1/32 inch thick.

oh yea i remember you telling me about yoru micro loading, its actulay a cool idea to add the washers, it dosnt seem like alot but over time it adds up

good lucj buddy, you can do it

Dannyboy how is your grip training!!!

Can you do strap hold with the #3?

Dannyboy how is your grip training!!!

Can you do strap hold with the #3?

its not going to good right now, im still being lazy, i promise to start my proper traing again on monday. what about yoru training?

how close are you to the #3?

how many reps can you get on the #2

what can you strap hold with the #2?

Hi Dannyboy.

I adjusted my ironmind #2 to 195 to 217 and

can do strap hold of 2 and 1/2 pounds. And can do

4 reps on it. But My goal is to close the #3 by Dec.

That is one pound a week and 18 pounds by Dec.1,03.

Dannyboy do want an Adjustable Gripper that

can ajust any gripper to be stronger?

If you have a #3 gripper and you can adjust to 30 pounds.

Dannyboy do want an Adjustable Gripper that

can ajust any gripper to be stronger?

If you have a #3 gripper and you can adjust to 30 pounds.

yea i wouldnt mind one, or at least an inbetween gripper.

right now im almost able to force close my #3 again.

Dannyboy

I adjusted the ironmind gripper from 217 poundsto 225 pounds.

And I tried the 225 lbs Strap holds and did 5 pounds on it.

And did 8 reps on the 225 pounds.

ANd pinched griped 62.5 pounds with my right hand.

Danny, congrats on the no set closes with the #2. As you know, most people can't close it with a set. I've noticed that the average person that I show the grippers to is much more impressed with the no set close as compared with the set close. Of course that's not why we choose one way over the other...but interesting anyway.

Danny, congrats on the no set closes with the #2. As you know, most people can't close it with a set. I've noticed that the average person that I show the grippers to is much more impressed with the no set close as compared with the set close. Of course that's not why we choose one way over the other...but interesting anyway.

yea i think the no set close is more of a raw close where when you set it some ppl seem to think its cheating (even though they still cant come close to closing it with a set) :cool

sweet progress. soon you will be telling me you closed the #3. soon.