Help!

dannyboy

did some holds earlier tonight. went realy well with the number 3, my previous holds with my number 3 i would set it and try and crush it. this time i forced it shut, it opened up a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit after and i held it for a good 15 seconds. did 2 more sets after and held for about the same time. left handed i used my #2 and held that sucker for 15 seconds also. i think from now on im gunna force my holds shut. i think thats what most ppl do :happy

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannyboy

• mooinabc1

• pdoire

• bencrush

did some reps tonight, heres ho wthey went

right handed #2 [/color]

1st set 16 reps

2nd set 8 reps

3rd set 8 reps

left handed #2

1st set 1 rep almost 2

2nd set 1 rep

3rd set miss

ok my right hand will go back up to where it was before i had the cut on the pinkie

but jesus christ my left hand is so stagnant. great on a good day ill get 2 reps besides that i will only get 1 rep. i remember when i finially got my #2 right handed, it gradualy went up in reps and strength after that. but my left....it just wont move. oh well ill be patient and wait for gains, but i dont wanna be doing #3 right handed and squeezing 2 reps with my #2 left handed :cry

last night i did strap holds, it went well but i dont know if i can compare it to my previous personal records because its my first time using my new belt, th eold belt i had was made out of a very hard cloth, almost like a potatoe sack material. the belt i have right now is very thin but is a tiiiiiiiiiny bit thicker, oh well heres how it went.

right handed #2 15lb for 10 seconds

17.5lb for 4 seconds

17.5lb for 8 seconds, had a better set on that one i think

laft handed i actualy did my first strap hold with my #2, basically i did caus the belt is a but thicker. (i think thats why)

2.5lb for 8 seconds

2.5lb for 8 seconds

miss

#1 with 27.5lb for 10 seconds

my new belt is 1/16 inches thick, so by no means is it too thick, but i guess its still a bit thicker than my cloth belt i had before, that must have been microscopically thinner, 1/20 maybe???

Dannyboy.

Start using the #4 gripper for negatives it will improve your grip strength.

mooinabc1 i dont even own a #4.....maybe ill get one just for decoration :blush

as far as my last workout goes i did holds, before the holds i warmed up each hand. left handed i was guna just do 1 rep with my #2(caus that usualy all i can get), 1 rep felt fine then i did 2 then 3.....i think doing strap holds with my #2 is realy gunna help my left hand....

anyways then i pulled out the #3 and set it in my right hand and actualy held it shut for a split second before a small ap opened, to to me thats a big deal i never held the #3 shut before...... even thought it was for only .5 seconds it still felt great :blush. left handed i held the #2 for 14 or so seconds.

mooinabc1 i dont even own a #4.....maybe ill get one just for decoration  :blush

as far as my last workout goes i did holds, before the holds i warmed up each hand. left handed i was guna just do 1 rep with my #2(caus that usualy all i can get), 1 rep felt fine then i did 2 then 3.....i think doing strap holds with my #2 is realy gunna help my left hand....

anyways then i pulled out the #3 and set it in my right hand and actualy held it shut for a split second before a small ap opened, to to me thats a big deal i never held the #3 shut before...... even thought it was for only .5 seconds it still felt great  :blush.  left handed i held the #2 for 14 or so seconds.

Great job dannyboy :rock , I've never had that feeling because my crush/close is too weak, if I cheat shut it closed, the #3 pops open 1/2" or so immediately. I think you'll be using the #4 for more than a paperweight very soon.

Edited by odin

yea ill think ill buy it, i may not use it for a while but it will finish my collection at least :online

Dannyboy did you ever think of getting the KTA program if not please read reviews

It is a ebook.

you know what mooinabc1 i actualy tried to get the kta program about 3 weeks ago, had my credit card all ready to order it. i never ordered over the net yet and didnt know about pay pal, so aparently i have to wait for my next bank statement to finish setting up my paypall acount, when it arives im ordering it :)

dannyboy you can send money order in US money and also need to

include your email adress.

thanks mooinabc1 i think im gunna give it another week or so till my credit card statement comes in the mail. are you on kta? :shifty

just did my rep workout, went decent

right hand #2

set 1 - 18 reps, next workout i hope to get 20

set 2 - 8 reps

set 3 8 reps my sets after my first are always a big drop

left hand #2

set 1 - 3 reps 3rd time ever getting 3 reps, i wish it wold start being consistent

set 2 missed the #2 so i repped out with my #1

set 3 missed anagin and repped out the #1, only got 14 reos with my #1 on both sets

tomorrow is my scheduled day off, 6 on one off. man i dont wanna take time off but i guess its for the best ;)

Dan,

Congrats on holding your #3 shut -that's one of those goals I'm working towards between the goal of acutally shutting the darn thing!

Jon@han

danny boy Iam on the KTA what a kiss ass workout and strength gains.

Iam about 1/16 on closing the #3 gripper.

just did strap holds.

right hand #2 17.5lb for 10 seconds

20lb for 8 seconds

22.5lb for 8 seconds

left hand #2 2.5lb for 10 seconds

5lb for 8 seconds

5lb for 4 seconds

Danny boy can you test your gripper?

How well by using a bathroom scale make you have a paper back book

before applying pressure. Press down to poundage and check reading.

ratio is 1.5 x 110=165 pounds.

Thanks

sure ill test it, but i dont understand you fully. explain one more time.

also i dont have a scale, but i can always use a friends :(

Danny boy sorry I did mean to give hard time and I did not

explain what I was talking about. I what I meant to day is

I have three #3.s and different strength levels

one is 165 pounds I got last year.

One is 187 pounds I gor this year.

The one with steel handles is a true 195 pounds+which I did

16 reps and But I did the test day with the 187 pounds frist

which was 39 reps. But I thinks I would have more if did the 195

pounder frist.

Danny Boy you are doing good!

mooinabc1 i didnt know you can close #3. have you been certified?

and btw can you tell my how you find out the exact poundages on your grippers? i would like to test mine to see what mine are

mooinabc1 you meant you have 3 # 2's? i wasnt paying atention i read 3 #3's but when you said you had a true 195er obviously thats a #2. i should have figured that out. im still curious how you measured the exact poundage though

as far as my workout tonight i did holds, went pretty well

right handed #3 i actualy held it shut for a good 3 seconds, felt amazing but of course it was short lived hehe. i did 2 more sets but there was a very tiny gap from the start on both sets

left handed i uses my #2 i held that guy shut for 18 seconds set one, and then i held it for 12 seconds the 2 other sets

Danny boy I use the bathroom scale to measure my grippers but it

the ration is 1.5 to something

just finish my rep day, didnt go to well...

right handed with #2 i got 18reps 10reps then 12reps

left handed with #2 i missed on set one, got one rep set 2 and missed again on set 3....when i miss yes its only a piece of paper away from closing...but unless it touches its just not a rep. i dunno why my left sucks so bad, i realy think its caus i just never feel comfortable setting it..

oh well all in all no progress today. thats ok ill get it next time :dry

well strap holds were last night, went well for my right hand...left handed it sucked to say the lease

right hand # 2

1) 20lb for 10 seconds

2) 22.5lb for 6 seconds

3) 25lb for 4 seconds that felt amazing

now here comes the dreaded left

left handed i coulcnt even do i set with my #2...dunno why...just couldnt shut the thing....i was soooo mad, oh well i just did holds with th e#1, better than doing nothing..i know i should have done strap holds with my #1, but i onloy have 27.5lbs max and left hand with #1 thats to easy