• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannyboy

• mooinabc1

• pdoire

• bencrush

thanks alot odin, your coming along well too, have you put grippers on hold for a while? i dont see any gripper workouts in your posts lately. :laugh odin 2004 is our year to certify!!!

did strap holds last night.....tried to do #2 left handed with 2.5lb, no go....

so i used my #1 with my 17.5 pounds for 19 seconds. today im gunna have buy another 10 pounds caus the most i do on strap holds is 10 seconds. right handed i did #2 with 15lb for 7 seconds. not bad, not bad at all. on teh downs side that cut on my finger opened up a bit more, im worried i may have toi take time off to let i heal. but ill hold it off for as long as possible in hopes it heals

thanks alot odin, your coming along well too, have you put grippers on hold for a while? i dont see any gripper workouts in your posts lately. :laugh odin 2004 is our year to certify!!!

I've been concentrating more on blobs recently. I am doing this as a fun hobby, so I simply concentrate on doing whatever I feel like doing at the time. I do have goals, but I don't want to turn this into an obligation. Thanks for the encouragement, your post did motivate me to want to focus a bit more on grippers.

With the types of strapholds yoou are doing, it looks like you will certify first. :bow

my rep day was yesterday, i did one set with my #2 right handed and got 19 reps, fel great!!!! but i could only do one set becaus after that the cut on mu pinky opened up huge...damn it!!! left handed i got #2 only once, my left hand is so much weaker you would think i broke it at some point, but no....today is supoooosed to be strap holds..........but i dunno this cut needs to heal :unsure

strap holds. right with #2 17.5 lb for 6 seconds

left with #1 22.5lb for 8 seconds

set 2 and 3 were pretty much the same left handed, BUT right handed i couldnt get 10lb off the ground. hmmmmmmm :unsure

Actually, your workout program sounds a lot more fun than mine does! If I wasn't so close to my goal I would probably switch things up like you're doing just for fun. I don't plan on doing anything much after my #4 certification with the grippers so I won't have a lot of use to train with them anymore.

Best of luck. Fight that #3 shut, then spit in its face!

Not quitting, but I'm not going to focus on them like I am now. I would like to get more into bending, thickbar, and pinch.

ok i get you clay, plus once you have done the #4 what do you realy have to look forward too????? :blink

now as far as my training goes ive taken 3 days off to let that ripped caluss on my pinkie heal. training resumed last night and i sstarted with reps, got 14 with my right and 1 with my left with my #2. so ive lost some strength as far as reps go.

wow didnt think 3 days would realy do anything

strap holds went down too.....only with my right though. right handed i did 10lb for 7 seconds with #2. left handed i got 25lb for 10 seconds with #1. i would think after doing 25lb with my left i would be getting the #2 more easily left.....................i have a feeling its all in the set :shifty

Dannyboy what the thickness using on your straphold.

Iam using 1/16 inch.

im using a cloth belt, very thin. unfortunalty it saw its last day last night, ripped!!!so im gunna go get a leather belt tomorrow, ill try and get one as thin as possible ;)

What about strap metal it is very thin.

The one they use in big boxes

I have been reading your posts and am impressed with your gains. I have been a big fan of negatives and have not done strap holds. I think I am going to start doing them and see if they help me as much as they seem to be helping you. Congrats on your progress.

The metal strap that was referred to is the kind you would see holding boxes on a shipping pallet. You may be familier with the nylon straps that sometimes hold boxes together they are similar just not metal (obviously) about 1/2 inch wide and less than 1/32 inch thick.

Great progress keep posting I think the #3 is in your immediate future.

hey gamidon thanks for explaining the metal straps and the kind words. yes you should realy do strap holds, that has reeealy helped me out alot. give it a shot and write down your progress so you can look back and see how far you have come...better yet post your progress on this site so we can all read it :)

did reps last night, only got 12 right handed with my #2, thats down by 7 reps...left handed lets not even talk about that.....damn

my strength seems to be going down, i train grip 6 days a week so i know some ppl will say its overtraining, but no caus ive trained 6 days a week since i started and had good reults till now. the reason for strenth loss in my right hand i believe is becaus of that ripped calluss i had, i tore it off completely so it wouldnt rip worse. now its not copletely healed so when i do grip with my right hand i dont squeeze as hard with my pinky caus it hurts like hell if i do........ i THINK thats why i have strength loss, at leasti hope thats why.

dannyboy, that sounds painful. I hope it heals up soon. I read somewhere that athletic tape over ripped calluses helps and some even use superglue, but I can't imagine that is very healthy. I musn't be training hard enough or else my hands are naturally tough. I get calluses, but they don't get very thick.

Don't be afraid to take a few days off, or just do some active rest like #1 closes. I strongly believe you are well on your way to mashing the #3 this year. :rock

i think im gunna take a week off training my right hand, well at least enough time for my hand to heal..ill still train my left hand. maybe it will catch up a bit :unsure

Send me an email with your address and I will send you some metal banding. I made a strap hold device using the banding and I have enough extra pieces that I made two. Yours if you want it.

AmidonG@comcast.net

P.S. strap holding with the thin piece of stapping metal is VERY difficult. It is slick and extreemely thin.

the hand is aaaalmost healed up. good enough to resume training though. cant wait till tonight. :rock

training resumed last night, i started with strap holds.

right hand with #2

12.5lb for 8 seconds

15lb for 4 seconds

12.5lb for 7 seconds strength down a taaaad, but will be past my pr next workout (i hope)

left handed i closed the #2 pretty easily

strap holds #1 lefthanded

25lb for 10 seconds

27.5lb for 6 seconds

27.5lb for 6 seconds