Help!

dannyboy

straphold.jpg?curmbox=F000000001&a=c116ac9ad6e199596873a9aaa4754615&msg=MSG1079153024.18&start=1561557&len=125847&mimepart=3&disk=64.4.14.66_d142&login=danielbrowne100&domain=hotmail%2ecom&hm___sig=cafb39d001c408b58b34719bc5937848ba66b754d11d0b60

k IF this works its a picture of my home made strap i use for strap holds, i made it from a belt, got the thinnest one i could find. i find that it helps to make the top part of the belt..(you know the part you actualy grap the handles on) thin....i cut a small sliver from either side. hope this works...im very doubtfull :blush

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannyboy

• mooinabc1

• pdoire

• bencrush

holds

right handed #3....set one i held that bad boy closed for a good 5 seconds,then it opened up a tad and i held it for another 10 seconds.

set 2 and 3 i cant close it..well i can but it springs open a tad after...anyways i held set 2 and 3 for 12 each. after the first set im deeeeead

left hand with #2...first set i held it for 10 seconds, 2nd and 3rd i couldnt even hold it shut all teh way....maaaaaaaaaaaaan.

i need to put my left hand out of its misery :(

last night was my rep workout.

right handed i got only 14 reps with my #2

left hand i got 4 reps with my #2....i was shocked didnt expect that

i only did one set each hand caus i went down 4 reps on my right hnd....this is never good when you loose strength....took the rest of the night off and today is my off day anyways, hopefully im be rested enight for monday

well im quitting my grip training, i was traing ONLY for a goal of certifying. just wanted to know i did it. now with this new certifacation rule it wont be happeneing...soooo stupid.

you know what...when i read about the change of rules by iron mind i felt jipped.....but F@#k that. i wanted to certify, no wi know i wont be certifying. but i know i am close to closeing the #3 with a 1 inch set, im gunna train to close it that way, i wont get a hat or t shirt but ILL know i did it and thats enough.

so my training continues

i just finished strap holds

#2 right handed - set one 25lb for 8 seconds

set two i tried 27.5 but couldnt get it, so i did 25lb and got 8 secs again

set three i got 6 seconds

#2 left handed - set one 5lb for 9 seonds

set two 5lb for 8 seconds

set three 7.5 for 3 seconds

holds

#3 right handed i did 3 sets, didnt get the # 3 shut on any of the sets....i blame this on a bad set on the first and bythe time i did my second i was burnt, the gap was very small anyways.

held set one for 15 seconds, set two and three i held it for 12

left hand i used #2. set 1 and set 2 i didnt get it completly shut either. see it shuts but at a slight angle so it cant touche. i still held it for 21 seconds on set one

18 seconds on set 2....then set three i got a good set and had it mashed...held that

for 11 seconds

k well i switched my regular rep day witch i used to do set closes...im now doing no sets instead...amd NO im not rolling over to the new rule change, just that before i used to do my training to revolve around a set close for certification...but since im not worrying about certifying anymore im just gunna have my rep day no sets...i used to do no sets before i knew about how to set. no sets i feel more like a workout.. feel more of the forearm is being worked....anyways im still a bit bitter about the rule change.

oh well so the training continues.

no set work (my no set work is, i put the gripper on the floor, pick it up and with out wiggling the gripper into place close it and put it back on the floor, keep doing that till im dead) more of a raw close

right hand #1 22 reps

left hand #1 14

after i finished my workout i tries to close #2 no set, i couldnt, then i rested up and tried to do it again, only this time i stables the spring with my left hand and grabbed the #2 with my right and closed it...i know this isnt a true no set, but its a start

dannyboy, I bet you can no set the #2. Don't get discouraged, you are doing great! :rock

strap holds

#2 right hand - 25lb for 6 seconds

27.5lb for 4 seconds

#2 left hand - 5lb for 5 seconds

5lb for 5 seconds

after set 2 on both hands i couldnt do anymore, eaither my hands were dead

or the strap is too slippery now from the strap slipping on teh knurling on each rep.

ill find out next workout i guess :flame

hey look at that.............^^^^^^ new emoticons..cool

Dannyboy can you set close the #3?

Can you do strap hold with #3?

Start out with one pound Strap Hold if you can!

mooinabc1 i was able to cheat close my #3 for a couple seconds but thats it. last time i tried i couldnt hold it all the way shut. i think it was caus i was training to much with to little rest. i was doing 6 days on 1 day off. now that i took 2 days off in a row to rest my hand i had a great day yesterday with strap holds. my new routine is gunna be 3 on 2 off. ill see how it goes.

btw let me log my strap holds before i forget.

right handed #2 - 25lb for 8 seconds

27.5lb for 8 seconds

27.5lb for 8 seconds

left handed #2 5lb for 10 seconds

7.5lb for 8 seconds

10lb for 6 seconds

mooninabc1 whats your training like?

Dannyboy Iam glad you ask.

Well I use the adjustable ironmind #2 with extened handles and which I can adjust

to an extra 30 pounds+195=225 pounds.

I can force close and use straphold on with one pounds.

If you want see pics to make your own send me your email.

jsimon952003@yahoo.ca

Yes I can do 225 pounds.

I like to use the ironmind #4 gripper with extended handles for cheat closes.

for partial close to get hand to get use to doing heavy gripping.

hehehe your quite the handy man mooinabc1. i sent you my email, im interested to how you make your grippers vary in adjustable

my last cupld training days i didnt log so ill do it now

cheat closes.

right hand i didnt get the #3 closed but i held it as close to close as i could for 15 seconds for 3 sets

left hand i held #2 for 22 seconds then 18 and 14....realy mashed it on each set

last night i decided do forget about this no set business and start repping with teh 1 inch set again, havent done that in almost 3 weeks so i was rusty

right hand #2 i got 9 reps then 5 and 4

left hand i couldnt get one on my #2 soi used my #1...since i can close my #2 almost 30 times left i decided to open the gripper fuuuully to make it a bit harder.

i did 18,14 and 12 reps

The no set you would not get anywhere with it.

The setting the gripper will help get to next gripper faster then you think.

The no set you would not get anywhere with it.

The setting the gripper will help get to next gripper faster then you think.

i agree, ive stoped doing no sets...what was i thinking????

I'm gonna have to disagree, on the no set comment.

Here's my experience: While doin' KTA, I hurt my wrist at work. Doin' deep set work aggrivated it so I went to minimal set/no set work. I still progressed to cert on the #3 using the old rules.

Others experiences may vary of course.

-HH

Yes Joe kinney the setting his grippe and the amchines and belong the range and extreme negs if look at tape you see use the. And his secret weapon

you see him use cheat close the that gripper. If you can do gripper

that stronger then the one you goal gripper and then the goal grippe

would not be a problem with the no set rules.

For example, BB world class gripper. if you goal is the #4.

im sure no setting helps, but i like to rep out my gripper, and my reps went waaay down. so now im gunna start back my 1inch sets with reps

strap holds

#2 right hand - 25lb for 10 seconds

27.5lb for 4 seconds

27.5lb for 3 seconds

#2 left hand 5lb for 10 seconds

7.5lb for 6 seconds

7.5lb for 4 seconds

did forced closes last night

#3 right handed i did 3 sets...nothing special there, came close on each set but didnt touche the handles. non teh less it still felt easier even though i didnt touche the handles

left had is realy improving...its slooooooow but still improving, i can hold my # 2 lefty now for 24 seconds set one, 18 set 2 and 14 set 3....grind that guy

today was my rep day....im doing 1 inch set shuts again...last time i only got 9 reps right handed and none left

i JUST finished doing my workout

right handed #2

set 1 i got 17 reps

set 2 9 reps

set 3 8 reps

left hand #2 set 1 i got 3 reps

set 2 1 rep

set 3 1 rep

my new routine is 3 dayts on 2 days off

goes like this..

day one is strap holds

day two is forced shuts

day 3 is repping out

then 2 days off and repeat, its the exact same routine as before cept before i would go two cycles in a row then one day off....im gunna try this for a while....took the 2 days off and it felt good on my day back....as far as strength goes i guess well see ;)