Heaviest Known Gripper Closes

Jared P
Cannon
Message added by Cannon,

This thread is for heaviest gripper close submissions and tracking. Please open separate threads to discuss individual videos.  

I don't understand why there's no willingness to clear the air with a verifiable witness. 

If he really wanted to "shut the haters up" wouldn't it just be that simple?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

I don't understand why there's no willingness to clear the air with a verifiable witness. 

Why is it that he needs a verifiable witness, But video evidence is good for everyone else?

11 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

I agree, I remember just last November people couldn't believe the level one could be at while being at such a low bw. It seems the skepticism dissipated the longer it went. I myself am curious to see someone verify these grippers and witness him close it irl. Not much to ask for tbh, would be nice to clear the air up. Its been 25 years after all I would hope people have learned from history that such feats should be subject to questions and verifiable proof. Otherwise there would seem to be no real reason to be doing any of this...    

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, stranger said:

Why is it that he needs a verifiable witness, But video evidence is good for everyone else?

Because he went from a 140 rgc deep set to a 220 rgc card set in a single year, That warrants further investigation and scrutiny

Edited by Jermiah Merciconah
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Because he went from a 140 rgc deep set to a 220 rgc card set in a single year, That warrants further investigation and scrutiny

Tomorrow marks one year since I started training grippers, period.  How come you aren't trolling my posts?  My mash monster closes?  My certs?  Hmmm?

2 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Tomorrow marks one year since I started training grippers, period.  How come you aren't trolling my posts?  My mash monster closes?  My certs?  Hmmm?

Well 1. because you actually look like you can close the grippers you can close, You're a big dude like me and despite the amount of cope that is going around muscle does matter for grippers whether its forearm muscle for closing or chest and shoulder muscle for setting

And 2. its because you haven't gained that degree of supposed strength in that short amount of time, If all things were equalised you'd be closing GHP 10

Also why is it only trolling when its something you disagree with

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Like what type of investigation,  specifically? 

Why is his 3.5 cert not enough? 

12 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Well 1. because you actually look like you can close the grippers you can close, You're a big dude like me and despite the amount of cope that is going around muscle does matter for grippers whether its forearm muscle for closing or chest and shoulder muscle for setting

And 2. its because you haven't gained that degree of supposed strength in that short amount of time, If all things were equalised you'd be closing GHP 10

Also why is it only trolling when its something you disagree with

Mass means nothing.  At the Shaw Classic, Thomas Larsen wiped the floor with JF Caron on blobs and inch dumbbells. Caron outweighs him by 130lbs.

We all progress at different rates.  We all have different starting points and ceilings.  We all have different genetics.  You can't say he is truly an outlier, because none of this has been studied or documented.

At this stage, Tiziano has posted many videos, achieved a prestigious cert under controlled conditions set by the leading authority, and convinced most of the community that he is indeed a legitimate athlete.  It is not on him to prove it anymore.  It is on YOU to prove that he has faked his closes.  Tell us how you think he has done this.  Can you show some evidence, or are you just bothered that he is much smaller and stronger than you?

Ok, now I'm done.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 4

Okay guys, what evidence does @Tiziano Becchio need to verify their claim? What verification will satisfy all questions about these #4 closes? Do we need to find someone from the same country as him and conduct an independent gripper close? Example: get a rated #4 of approximately 215-220lbs, say @Cannon or another person who rates grippers, send it to a chosen "witness" (and this could include any number of people), open the package on film, they all inspect the gripper to make sure it is the claimed gripper sent, gripper stay in frame the whole time and they witness Tiziano attempt the gripper. Would that be enough? Or does this guy have to jump through more hoops to verify the claims?

• Like 3

Just now, John McCarter said:

Okay guys, what evidence does @Tiziano Becchio need to verify their claim? What verification will satisfy all questions about these #4 closes? Do we need to find someone from the same country as him and conduct an independent gripper close? Example: get a rated #4 of approximately 215-220lbs, say @Cannon or another person who rates grippers, send it to a chosen "witness" (and this could include any number of people), open the package on film, they all inspect the gripper to make sure it is the claimed gripper sent, gripper stay in frame the whole time and they witness Tiziano attempt the gripper. Would that be enough? Or does this guy have to jump through more hoops to verify the claims?

That simply would be enough. Witness verification was a BIG part of certifying for ironmind before they did the video certs.

It's not much to ask for a verifiable witness. 

Giorgio Giannico (who runs grip e bend Italia) would be a perfect example of a good witness.

Enormous claims have the burden of enormous proof. 

It honestly boggles my mind people can call Gazza (who has taken the SAME measures as tiziano to "prove" his strength) a fraud then suddenly praise this guy. 

Notice how nobody in this thread has mentioned or responded to my example of Gazza? Gazza was obviously a fraud, why can't we put tiziano under this same level of scrutiny?

• Like 3

The REFUSAL to do it in front of a witness is what does it for me.  I myself could more than likely ask ironmind for a gold nail cert, and fake it.

Video certs just simply aren't enough. 

• Like 1

No matter what imaginative complex scenario we may invent, in the end everything is fakeable, you just have to deal with that fact and move on.

You could corrupt an official, you could dupe an official and cheat in front of him in some way without him being in the know, theres always a way.

I dont see why some athletes should be held to higher verification threesold than others, it's not defendable in any way from a competitive standpoint.

You either do the verification process for everyone or you dont.

Edited by Apneaa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Apneaa said:

No matter what imaginative complex scenario we may invent, in the end everything is fakeable, you just have to deal with that fact and move on.

You could corrupt and official, you could dupe an official and cheat in front of him in some way without him being in the know, theres always a way.

I dont see why some athletes should be held to higher verification threesold than others, it's not defendable in any way from a competitive standpoint.

You either do the verification process for everyone or you dont.

Like I said, enormous claims have the burden of enormous proof. 

Gazza went to extreme measures to fake his bends. But he never did any of these amazing bends in front of a real witness. 

Why? Because duping someone like Giorgio Giannico would be a herculean feat. If he managed to do so, then this guy really does deserve the cert if he's going to such lengths anyhow. 

The fact that he's completely unwilling to do a feat in front of anyone in real life is what makes me skeptical. And rightfully so! 

I just cannot understand why he can't do something as simple as doing a close in front of a witness.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Yes, this would literally prove his legitimacy and rule out any doubt about his grip feats. Ironmind destroyed their own cert list by making it online without witnesses. Their cert list was one of a kind in that regard and now it's no different from any other online cert list. Also cannon doesnt have to send anything. GBI would be more than credible to be a witness. And all he has to do is inspect Tiz grippers or bring his own to see it get closed. It's really not as far fetched as you make it to be. 

I have gone out of my way to make friends and meet up with fellow gripsters in my country to share ideas, grow the sport, and also try out each others tools.

To outright refuse a witness is completely bonkers and we as a grip community should not stand for it. 

• Like 5

Just now, bruce1337 said:

Yes, this would literally prove his legitimacy and rule out any doubt about his grip feats. Ironmind destroyed their own cert list by making it online without witnesses. Their cert list was one of a kind in that regard and now it's no different from any other online cert list. Also cannon doesnt have to send anything. GBI would be more than credible to be a witness. And all he has to do is inspect Tiz grippers or bring his own to see it get closed. It's really not as far fetched as you make it to be. 

I have gone out of my way to make friends and meet up with fellow gripsters in my country to share ideas, grow the sport, and also try out each others tools.

To outright refuse a witness is completely bonkers and we as a grip community should not stand for it. 

The witness part bothers me especially. 

Is my red nail cert legitimate? 

I've bent steel in front of Don Cummings and Delmar Carter. I've also competed at the Michigan Bending and Breaking championship. With these results, you can gather an answer. 

Generally, guys with feats like Tiziano's have competed in competitions or have actual witnesses. 

If you want a sport to be legitimate, you must do legitimate things. 

I'm surprised the guys who have done competitions and have witnesses aren't questioning this at all. 

• Like 4

I've seen his videos and seen these stills from them. They don't look strange or questionable at all???

Screenshot_20230831-171406.png

Screenshot_20230831-171411.png

Screenshot_20230831-171420.png

Screenshot_20230831-171416.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

The REFUSAL to do it in front of a witness is what does it for me.  I myself could more than likely ask ironmind for a gold nail cert, and fake it.

Video certs just simply aren't enough. 

Well if that's true. Then it's a dead giveaway. If I would be able to CCS close a #4 I would even pay money to prove myself. I would travel to a competition or a credible witness to prove myself. I think most people would, I mean it's a world class feat that only a handful of people has ever acomplished.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

I've seen his videos and seen these stills from them. They don't look strange or questionable at all???

Screenshot_20230831-171406.png

Screenshot_20230831-171411.png

Screenshot_20230831-171420.png

Screenshot_20230831-171416.png

Can you provide the link to this video?  That's a GHP that has been reglued.  I have had to reglue handles on my GHP7, as well as several other people I talk to regularly.  I'm curious which GHP video this is.

20230831_152855.jpg

Edited by dubyagrip
Added pic of my reglued 7

2 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

He does that on heavy grippers to reduce strain from the eccentric/negative.

No…I’m talking about the end when he push's the handle open. Not the negative part, that would be over by this time. It’s the only time I’ve seen it, so don’t know what to make of it. But it’s there.

10 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Can you provide the link to this video?  That's a GHP that has been reglued.  I have had to reglue handles on my GHP7, as well as several other people I talk to regularly.  I'm curious which GHP video this is.

20230831_152855.jpg

To be honest It will take me a while to find that exact video. Someone sent me those pictures from his videos, I'm not going to mention who to avoid drama. If you want me to dig for it, I will dig for it. It'll take a while though. 

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

Like I said, enormous claims have the burden of enormous proof. 

Gazza went to extreme measures to fake his bends. But he never did any of these amazing bends in front of a real witness. 

Why? Because duping someone like Giorgio Giannico would be a herculean feat. If he managed to do so, then this guy really does deserve the cert if he's going to such lengths anyhow. 

The fact that he's completely unwilling to do a feat in front of anyone in real life is what makes me skeptical. And rightfully so! 

I just cannot understand why he can't do something as simple as doing a close in front of a witness.

Has he refused this? Or, you mean just because he hasn’t and doesn’t seem to care?

10 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

To be honest It will take me a while to find that exact video. Someone sent me those pictures from his videos, I'm not going to mention who to avoid drama. If you want me to dig for it, I will dig for it. It'll take a while though. 

You're the one making the claim, dude.

15 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Has he refused this? Or, you mean just because he hasn’t and doesn’t seem to care?

If you don't care, why put up any videos to the public in the first place?

If you can do something that only a few people has ever acomplished you would of course want to prove that you're the real deal.

Most people who have done this has proved it. Carl by setting multiple world records, Ivan had Larry Wheels as witness when he closed the #4 etc.

Of course you care about it if you bother to post videos on social media.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

And i think that the rules on this board have made people too scared to call out people's feats

What do you mean by this? What rule are you referring to?