Heaviest Known Gripper Closes

Jared P
Cannon
Message added by Cannon,

This thread is for heaviest gripper close submissions and tracking. Please open separate threads to discuss individual videos.  

I found this old video of Paul Savage attempting CCSing a [old] CoC #4 roughly 3.75 on CoC scale (195 lb?) according to him. The technique of the card is not perfect.

• Like 3

List updated.

- Top 20 closes will now be listed per set category (but that's it), to give a larger picture of the range of top closes, and to give people the goal or chance to see their name on the list.
- CCS Top 20 listed for now, will work on the rest as time permits.

• Thanks 1

@Jared P Carl just did the GHP10 again, and he got it rated from Cannon.  256 RGC.

Screenshot_20230417_144547_Instagram.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Next level stuff, 256 RGC.. I wouldn't be surprised to see a GHP block set from him eventually. And again, would be great to see his videos on YouTube.

• Like 2

TNS Top 20 complete. Will finish WS, MMS, and DS when I get the chance.

Super interesting, albeit predictable, that the top close of each type of set goes up in RGC as the difficulty gets easier, in such a consistent way.

Top close of each set type:

TNS: 192.6 lbs RGC
CCS: 209 lbs RGC
WS: 216 lbs RGC
MMS: 220.5 lbs RGC
DS: 256 lbs RGC

Shows how measurably predictable the strength curve is for such sets and closes.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 7:05 AM, Jared P said:

Amazing work! But I want to point out that for example in your TNS list the first one is 1. Nikita Yurkovets - Silarukov 150 (192.6 lbs RGC) I saw the gripper and it looked narrow. Narrow grippers are weaker than normal grippers at the same strength or even a little weaker.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Amazing work! But I want to point out that for example in your TNS list the first one is 1. Nikita Yurkovets - Silarukov 150 (192.6 lbs RGC) I saw the gripper and it looked narrow. Narrow grippers are weaker than normal grippers at the same strength or even a little weaker.

Silarukov grippers are made for TNS and have a spread of 48-54mm in spread (50mm average), this information is from their own website. So they're definitely super narrow and waaay easier than wider grippers.

5 hours ago, EmilBB said:

Silarukov grippers are made for TNS and have a spread of 48-54mm in spread (50mm average), this information is from their own website. So they're definitely super narrow and waaay easier than wider grippers.

Normally I would defer to @Cannon for gripper dimensions, but I decided to do my own measurements/comparison with comparable RGC grippers.

Silarukov 100 (RGC 117) = 62mm between the handles
Tetting "THOR" Master (RGC 112) = 71mm between the handles
CoC #2 (RGC TBD*) = 73mm between the handles
GHP Level 6 (RGC 110) = 78mm between the handles

The photo comparing the Silarukov 100 to the GHP Level 6 says it all.

* Sorry for not having a rating for the CoC #2.  It's one of literally two dozen grippers I've collected but not sent to have rated yet.  So I just estimated RGC based on average ratings to get me in the ballpark for this comparison.

Comparison of Silarukov 100 to GHP Level 6.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Normally I would defer to @Cannon for gripper dimensions, but I decided to do my own measurements/comparison with comparable RGC grippers.

Silarukov 100 (RGC 117) = 62mm between the handles
Tetting "THOR" Master (RGC 112) = 71mm between the handles
CoC #2 (RGC TBD*) = 73mm between the handles
GHP Level 6 (RGC 110) = 78mm between the handles

The photo comparing the Silarukov 100 to the GHP Level 6 says it all.

* Sorry for not having a rating for the CoC #2.  It's one of literally two dozen grippers I've collected but not sent to have rated yet.  So I just estimated RGC based on average ratings to get me in the ballpark for this comparison.

Comparison of Silarukov 100 to GHP Level 6.jpg

Did you mean GHP 5? That would be insanely low for a GHP 6. 

9 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Did you mean GHP 5? That would be insanely low for a GHP 6. 

Good catch!  Just double-checked and I meant GHP 5.

Unfortunately I don't see an option to edit my post.

Edited by Douglas Carney

47 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Good catch!  Just double-checked and I meant GHP 5.

Unfortunately I don't see an option to edit my post.

Ok just wanted to check. That would be a record ha. 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2023 at 4:49 PM, dubyagrip said:

@Jared P Carl just did the GHP10 again, and he got it rated from Cannon.  256 RGC.

Screenshot_20230417_144547_Instagram.jpg

I wonder why he hasn’t certified the no.4 yet?  I wonder if Ironmind is holding it back for some reason.

can anyone not ccs a gripper 30+ less than your best deep set? 

• Like 1

Just now, slazbob said:

I wonder why he hasn’t certified the no.4 yet?  I wonder if Ironmind is holding it back for some reason.

can anyone not ccs a gripper 30+ less than your best deep set? 

I spoke to him last week, and he says that certing the #4 is still his goal. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I spoke to him last week, and he says that certing the #4 is still his goal. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah carl said that he has a tricep injury that makes taking the card from his mouth really hard, So he needs to recover enough to do that, But at this point in time he's strong enough to do the 4 cert

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Carl Myerscough - IronMind CoC 4, GHP 9 (209 lbs RGC) - Verified [source/source]

These appear to be not there anymore?

Carl's Instagram is set to private, so in order to see his videos, you have both: log in to Instagram, and be following Carl.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, josé adalton said:

Update to Nikita Yurkovets:

It's clearly seen the gripper is not closed, both attempts were missed 

Unbelievable man. You are doing stuff I would have sworn was not possible. It's incredible to see live. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1