Heaviest Known Gripper Closes

Jared P
Cannon
Message added by Cannon,

This thread is for heaviest gripper close submissions and tracking. Please open separate threads to discuss individual videos.  

28 minutes ago, josé adalton said:

Carl Myerscough looks ready!

Not only does he look ready, he is ready 🫡🤯
Can’t wait for this to go down

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 6:34 PM, josé adalton said:

Carl Myerscough looks ready!

Gosh!  Just unbelievable what hand strength this takes!

• Like 2

I really wish if Carl was to do this officially it would hit the mainstream news and media and get the attention it deserves. People have no idea how inhuman this will be and the level of human hand strength necessary to do it. 

• Like 5

I knew with the right training, this can occur. It's about time we see levels of this strength. I want him to peak and make the certification happen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't mean to start another political shpeel in this fine thread but i find its pretty funny how people can critique carl for his certification but a 60kg guy closes a gripper 1lb heavier than carl's all time CCS close and absolutely no one questions it

Just some food for thought

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

I don't mean to start another political shpeel in this fine thread but i find its pretty funny how people can critique carl for his certification but a 60kg guy closes a gripper 1lb heavier than carl's all time CCS close and absolutely no one questions it

Just some food for thought

Because there is nothing to question...

I talk to Tiziano almost daily, to the point we basically train together.  Weight has very little bearing on grip strength.

He was questioned when he first started doing crazy RGCs, and he has gone above and beyond on proving himself as legit.  We are lucky he is still apart of our community after the BS he has had to endure.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I talk to Tiziano almost daily, to the point we basically train together.  Weight has very little bearing on grip strength.

He was questioned when he first started doing crazy RGCs, and he has gone above and beyond on proving himself as legit.  We are lucky he is still apart of our community after the BS he has had to endure.

All this forearm muscle that me and you and Ivan and carl and david have is purely for show and its entirely the tendon's job to move the gripper handles closed via some phantom force, Tbh the proof that tiziano provided was that he couldn't close the grippers that carl sent to him, And i think that the rules on this board have made people too scared to call out people's feats

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

There are things to question

Video evidence alone is never enough. Even measuring, opening packages on camera, etc.

You guys remember Gazza? The amazing steelbender? He had TONS of videos of opening packages, bending bars sent to him from other people.

Until there is a verifiable witness, it's simply unproven. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jermiah Merciconah said:

All this forearm muscle that me and you and Ivan and carl and david have is purely for show and its entirely the tendon's job to move the gripper handles closed via some phantom force, Tbh the proof that tiziano provided was that he couldn't close the grippers that carl sent to him, And i think that the rules on this board have made people too scared to call out people's feats

You're projecting some real insecurity here.  That's the last I'm going to say about this.

I find it so odd he's gone to "extreme measures" but has yet to have a credible witness.

There are a few guys from Italy, specifically the Grip E Bend Italia guys who can verify these closes. 

You'd think someone who has gone to such "extreme measures" would go out of their way to get a witness, no? 

Just now, Londonjoseph said:

There are things to question

Video evidence alone is never enough. Even measuring, opening packages on camera, etc.

You guys remember Gazza? The amazing steelbender? He had TONS of videos of opening packages, bending bars sent to him from other people.

Until there is a verifiable witness, it's simply unproven. 

The 3.5 cert closes should have shut everyone up, but you all can believe what you want.

• Like 1

Just now, dubyagrip said:

The 3.5 cert closes should have shut everyone up, but you all can believe what you want.

The 3.5 Cert isn't enough in my opinion. 

Gazza has opened sealed packages on camera, done measurements, but is still deemed a fraud. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

You're projecting some real insecurity here.  That's the last I'm going to say about this.

Its not projecting insecurity its trying to keep the community clean from people malding gripper closes they have no business touching but aight we can accept an echochamber where no countering opinions can be made

• Like 1

@Tiziano Becchio has completed the CoC #3.5 cert on video while opening  up the gripper in the video then completed several other grip certs all around 3.5 strength or higher. 

I don't really know what else people want from him. Could it be fake? Yea, everything you see through a screen and not in person could be. Beside his size is there anything that really makes this questionable? 

Great job @Tiziano Becchio

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The only video that made me question is this one: 

he looks to push the gripper open at the end because it didn’t open all the way. Not saying it’s a fake, but shady imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, slazbob said:

The only video that made me question is this one: 

he looks to push the gripper open at the end because it didn’t open all the way. Not saying it’s a fake, but shady imo.

He does that on heavy grippers to reduce strain from the eccentric/negative.

• Like 1