Heaviest Known Gripper Closes

Jared P
Cannon
Message added by Cannon,

This thread is for heaviest gripper close submissions and tracking. Please open separate threads to discuss individual videos.  

I too noticed his videos were gone. Sad to see but also, to me, makes me more sceptical. Not everyone think alike and I know I said it before, but I'd be delighted if people were questioning my strength claims, that just means I'm insanely strong. Sceptical ≠ being offensive or disrespectful. It would be awesome to see a #4 certification from Tiziano.

Doesn't the Grippermania certification work like MM Ladder or do you get to keep the gripper? Tiziano did around 210 RGC 20mm certification easily.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, slazbob said:

Has anyone heard from Tiziano? His content on YouTube is gone.

Must have gotten tired of what people said online and gone private.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

Doesn't the Grippermania certification work like MM Ladder or do you get to keep the gripper? Tiziano did around 210 RGC 20mm certification easily.

I really don't think that you can keep the gripper. Those are very valuable Tetting springs with custom handles, and there are 16 of them. 

Btw according to the official site, it looks like one can no longer cert with a video; it must be done in person. 

• Like 1

They called us nay-sayers

They called us doubters

They called us bullies

They called us crazy

But the truth always comes through at the end of the day.

loki-very.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bruce1337 said:

They called us nay-sayers

They called us doubters

They called us bullies

They called us crazy

But the truth always comes through at the end of the day.

I wouldn't say making videos private is hard evidence of any misconduct, even if it leads to more skepticism.

To be precise, what exactly is your claim? What is Tiziano's real strength level, and which closes and certifications specifically were faked?

4 minutes ago, Jared P said:

I'd love for you to describe in exact detail which part of this certification video was faked.

Our biggest issue is that there is no witness in that video. 

Witnesses should be a requirement in any certification.

2 minutes ago, Jared P said:

I wouldn't say making videos private is hard evidence of any misconduct, even if it leads to more skepticism.

To be precise, what exactly is your claim? What is Tiziano's real strength level, and which closes and certifications specifically were faked?

Agree that it isn't hard evidence but its typical behaviour that we have seen before from others who claimed such feats and were outed to be bogus (the greek guy from 2020 for example) 

I believe his real strength is around GHP8 block set (181 rgc). His first video on his YT was a PR close of a ghp 8 and he had the highest pound for pound record. He also stated that he had trained grip for a long time before then. And within the span of less than a year he adds almost 40lbs to his pr block set to a CCS of 220lbs.

Also when he started to close bigger grippers I noticed inconsistencies with his grippers such as weird scuff marks around the dog leg, gaping hole between the spring and handle, handle spread seeming to change before and after he closed a gripper etc.

These may make me sound schizophrenic but it was enough for a bunch of us to become sceptical and warrant a witness.

Also his rapid progress was a little too quick. To put in perspective. It took Carl, a literal monster who is bigger than Thor and also on all the peds, 7 years of dedicated training to add 10lbs on his ccs from 210 to 220. 

Tiz could very well be legit, and all we wanted was someone to visit him and inspect his grippers to make sure they weren't tampered with (or bring their own gripper for him to close) and it would have ended the debate. Or he could have joined a comp and shown off his grip prowess to the world. But now I guess we will never know. 

15 minutes ago, Jared P said:

I'd love for you to describe in exact detail which part of this certification video was faked.

GMC grippers are adjustable (the spring can be removed also). It wouldn't be difficult to open the package beforehand,  swap the springs then close it up. Which is why we advocate for witnesses with a world record feat. And I believe GMC had a major rule change that all certs need to be done at a sanctioned competition from Grippermania.

It is a huge step in the right direction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

In other news if you ever plan to add left-handed closes to this list, here is a left-handed Standard Cobalt RGC 158 MMS 

Not a bad idea to add off-hand / left-hand closes.

• Like 1

I don't understand the paranoia and conspiracy theories about how all of these closes could have been faked.  I also don't understand how invested everyone is in this topic.  I do this for my own personal satisfaction, and I enjoy sharing my talent with the world.  I do not sit around all day contemplating how it could be possible someone could be so strong, if they are taking drugs, what they had for lunch, or what their sex life is like.

If the internet went away, I would still train.

There's no money or true fame in this sport.  Outside of our little community, no one cares about or understands gripper closes.

If Tiz is a fake, I don't care.  He is nice guy who motivated me to train harder than I was.  It seems we will never know the answer, unless he comes back.  I still believe his strength is legitimate.  If it isn't, then I would say it is shameful to lie and deceive people, but who am I to judge?  It doesn't affect me at all.

Regardless, I think it's completely unfortunate for everyone when someone gets alienated and pushed out of a group/community without any actual evidence of deception or wrongdoing.

We can, and will, believe what we all want to about this. I just don't understand the obsession.

• Like 8

I definitely don't get behind the anger, but it is normal to be curious about the truth. Many feats have been faked, nothing is impossible about it. Even when stakes are low, you can always count on some humans cheating that's just what we do. I've been in a lot of communities, and for the silliest things even when there are no prizes people will cheat. I've seen people cheat juggling feats, rubiks cube times, video game scores, and BMC tricks all in cases with no prize money no trophies no glory and nothing on the line. I have no idea whether he is legit or not, but everyone is at least questionable until they perform at a live event under some sort of governing body. Moreso if you claim things that are so far beyond the ability of every single previous athlete. 

• Like 5

This is the one place where it should be understood what is going on here. But the little fella won their hearts ❤️ 

running away shows a lot. If you did what you shown, you’d be proud and put it out there. And leave it there for all to like or scrutinize. Too late tho, I’ve seen the video where he pushed the handle open at the end…I’m all set.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I definitely don't get behind the anger, but it is normal to be curious about the truth. Many feats have been faked, nothing is impossible about it. Even when stakes are low, you can always count on some humans cheating that's just what we do. I've been in a lot of communities, and for the silliest things even when there are no prizes people will cheat. I've seen people cheat juggling feats, rubiks cube times, video game scores, and BMC tricks all in cases with no prize money no trophies no glory and nothing on the line. I have no idea whether he is legit or not, but everyone is at least questionable until they perform at a live event under some sort of governing body. Moreso if you claim things that are so far beyond the ability of every single previous athlete. 

This pretty much sums up my position. I have zero anger or other emotional investment other than wanting to believe the claims and being extremely impressed if so, and I will keep an open mind. It's actually the response to people wanting more evidence and seemingly being offended that makes me more sceptical rather than the feats themselves (even if they are absolutely insane). Maybe part of it is a language barrier or something.

Not sure what happened but I am disappointed to see Taziano deleted his grippers video.

Taziano, I hope you are still meeting the very known grip people to show them your closes? But anyway, I have a very good offer for you to shut the doubters. You buy you plane ticket and hotel reservation to Dubai for 4 days or 5 days after confirming with me the time. We will meet up, train, and enjoy Dubai. If you did what you say you can do, I will reimburse you all your money (hotel and airplane ticket).

Pretty clear, simple and up to the point. Your coc 4 close is easy. I know you can do it in my presence with my grippers. If you can't close my #4 then we can always enjoy Dubai and show you around. My word is my bond.

Edit: This isn't only fair, but once in a lifetime opportunity. Who doesn't want a free travel to a amazing place for free?!

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 10

guys, don't lose your habit of talking bullshit, eh? but don't you have a life?

I didn't delete anything

the two Instagram profiles have been reported and suspended for inappropriate content, some of you will have enjoyed it

you tube I can no longer access my channel, anyway I can't fight the windmills I give up

as far as bader is concerned, thanks for the invitation, I'm currently injured, in fact I postponed the certification on the 4th

when I'm back in shape hopefully soon I'll be happy to have you as a guest in my house.

You have the doubt, not me, so if it is, you will be the one to move to me, not the other way around.

@Alawadhi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

guys, don't lose your habit of talking bullshit, eh? but don't you have a life?

I didn't delete anything

the two Instagram profiles have been reported and suspended for inappropriate content, some of you will have enjoyed it

you tube I can no longer access my channel, anyway I can't fight the windmills I give up

as far as bader is concerned, thanks for the invitation, I'm currently injured, in fact I postponed the certification on the 4th

when I'm back in shape hopefully soon I'll be happy to have you as a guest in my house.

You have the doubt, not me, so if it is, you will be the one to move to me, not the other way around.

@Alawadhi

Oh very sorry to hear about your injury! Wishing you speedy recovery. And so sorry to hear someone hacked your IG and YouTube...Never knew about your #4 cert attempt. No one jumped from the #3.5 cert to the #4 that fast :rock 👊🏻😎As for you declining free Dubai trip, it's all we needed to hear...You needed to prove your close, but anyway.

Also thanks for your offer. Once you are injury free, let me know with your home address. I have friends everywhere. I will send trusted people to your home so I can help you prove your close and shut all the doubters once and first all. 👍🏻

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Oh very sorry to hear about your injury! Wishing you speedy recovery. And so sorry to hear someone hacked your IG and YouTube...Never knew about your #4 cert attempt. No one jumped from the #3.5 cert to the #4 that fast :rock 👊🏻😎As for you declining free Dubai trip, it's all we needed to hear...You needed to prove your close, but anyway.

Also thanks for your offer. Once you are injury free, let me know with your home address. I have friends everywhere. I will send trusted people to your home so I can help you prove your close and shut all the doubters once and first all. 👍🏻

Your offer is more than fair and extremely generous, no doubt.

His offer to invite you personally into his home is also pretty fair and generous, I'd say.

Remember, you are the one making the demands that he prove himself, not the other way around. Should the burden not be on you to fly to him?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Your offer is more than fair and extremely generous, no doubt.

His offer to invite you personally into his home is also pretty fair and generous, I'd say.

Remember, you are the one making the demands that he prove himself, not the other way around. Should the burden not be on you to fly to him?

Yeah I am helping him to prove himself. I hope he will accept me sending trusted people to his house. If he is shy to meet strangers, I understand. But I would accept the same offer as I offered him. He pays for my flight and everything and if he closed my gripper then I will reimburse him. Then you can say his offer is also fair and generous. 

But if he doesn't want to, which that is the case most probably, then we know what to believe. People should be appreciative when help is offered and once in a lifetime experience is provided. In the end, it is his decision to clear up his name.

This thread is open for business! We separated the recent discussion into its own locked thread

Please note the staff message on this thread. It is meant for heaviest gripper submissions and tracking. Incidental discussion, congratulations or reactions are welcome. Please open separate threads to discuss individual video performances. 

Thanks everybody!  

• Like 2