Heaviest Known Gripper Closes

Jared P
Cannon
Message added by Cannon,

This thread is for heaviest gripper close submissions and tracking. Please open separate threads to discuss individual videos.  

Does this count as a deep set? Can't see if Shamey closed it fully because he crashes into the camera but I think its his best attempt at a GHP10

8 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Does this count as a deep set? Can't see if Shamey closed it fully because he crashes into the camera but I think its his best attempt at a GHP10

There's an alternate angle recorded on another phone, Its close but it doesn't close

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Any updates on the witness @Alawadhi

I am certain nothing will come of this. 

How typical. 

No sir. Nothing and our feelings are mutual. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just closed a 173 CoC 3.5 (my first ever 3.5 originally rated by CPW) with the 38 mm CPW block which should replace my 169 GHP8 on the 38 mm list 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 9:01 AM, C8Myotome said:

I have an updated submission to replace my 173 38 mm, CoC 3.5 180 RGC with 30 mm block

1699717686306.jpg

Added.

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2023 at 3:19 AM, Alawadhi said:

Not sure what happened but I am disappointed to see Taziano deleted his grippers video.

Taziano, I hope you are still meeting the very known grip people to show them your closes? But anyway, I have a very good offer for you to shut the doubters. You buy you plane ticket and hotel reservation to Dubai for 4 days or 5 days after confirming with me the time. We will meet up, train, and enjoy Dubai. If you did what you say you can do, I will reimburse you all your money (hotel and airplane ticket).

Pretty clear, simple and up to the point. Your coc 4 close is easy. I know you can do it in my presence with my grippers. If you can't close my #4 then we can always enjoy Dubai and show you around. My word is my bond.

Edit: This isn't only fair, but once in a lifetime opportunity. Who doesn't want a free travel to a amazing place for free?!

Can I do it instead? I want to go to Dubai and I can close Coc 4😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, SeNoLD said:

Can I do it instead? I want to go to Dubai and I can close Coc 4😁

LOL :D But I know you can do it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

LOL :D But I know you can do it.

No fly me to Dubai, I can close a coc 2 and pinch two 5 kilo plates in each hand. I need a free trip and several good meals and I'll demonstrate these feats so you know I'm not cheating 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Hi guys, here I am again. Not with little effort, I want to leave a serious message that the most intelligent among you will surely understand. I can understand the skepticism despite the evidence provided in public and private, which among other things was there for all to see. But I believe what I have suffered is serious, I cannot and do not want to think that for something of such little importance in an absolute sense I have received reports to the point of having my Instagram profiles closed, that my YouTube profile has been hacked and all my my videos that even the answers to the security questions to enter the gripboard site have been changed, I have been cut off from social media and have received various insults and defamations from fake and non-fake profiles in addition to all the nonsense I have read over time on this site, I believe that this happened, in addition to being sad, it is potentially dangerous and I find it wrong that social media and the opportunity to express one's opinion is actually given to everyone. Some don't deserve it precisely because they cause more damage than anything else. Luckily, I don't care. a damn except a few with whom I have a good relationship of everything you think or are. If there is anyone among you who is responsible for all this, let him look in the mirror and understand how much he has failed as a human being. If no one among you has done this, you are still aware of what I have suffered and am undergoing, I hope to being able to return to full strength from injuries to continue practicing what I like and motivate people in this sport in a healthy way and to go and see Bader, I think I will go and see him anyway even if I don't return to full strength , good training everyone
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 months later...

I increased the 180 rgc coc 3.5 from 30 mm to 38 mm if you wanna change the source video on the list. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

List updated, per request.

- Tiziano's name removed from list, until claims are further substantiated.
- Removed "Verified" lables. Redundant.
- Removed arbitrary points list.
- Removed header, and cleaned up overall appearance.

One area I've considered changing, is the way each category is represented. Should Carl's 256 38mm block set also just apply to the lower levels, since he can obviously MMS and deep set 256 if he can block set it, or should they still be separated to make every close unique? I've been leaning towards changing it, to have more difficult sets apply to the less difficult sets as well. So if someone can CCS 150 rgc, they also get credit for the narrower sets at that rating automatically (similar to if someone can certify on the GHP 8, obviously they can certify on the GHP 7 as well).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jared P said:

One area I've considered changing, is the way each category is represented. Should Carl's 256 38mm block set also just apply to the lower levels, since he can obviously MMS and deep set 256 if he can block set it, or should they still be separated to make every close unique? I've been leaning towards changing it, to have more difficult sets apply to the less difficult sets as well. So if someone can CCS 150 rgc, they also get credit for the narrower sets at that rating automatically (similar to if someone can certify on the GHP 8, obviously they can certify on the GHP 7 as well).

I think the highest results an athlete posts should be the only ones listed, especially for a niche sport. 

Track events however don't agree and don't do that. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jared P said:

I guess that could be a good idea for those who dont have a deep set or mms close which is higher than their CCS or block set for example.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:57 PM, Jared P said:

So we aren't counting Tiziano's COC 3.5 certification? I understand not counting the COC4 but not counting an official certification seems odd.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ewgnoah said:

So we aren't counting Tiziano's COC 3.5 certification? I understand not counting the COC4 but not counting an official certification seems odd.

I kind of agree. It's IronMind's deal and he passed their cert. 

It's difficult to please everyone, as you can see.

But since his name is currently on the official IronMind, GHP, and GM certification lists, I can put his name and certification titles back up under the athlete section. Subject to change depending on what happens in the future.

Thanks.

Edited by Jared P

20 minutes ago, Jared P said:

It's difficult to please everyone, as you can see.

But since his name is currently on the official IronMind, GHP, and GM certification lists, I can put his name and certification titles back up under the athlete section. Subject to change depending on what happens in the future.

Thanks.

I do appreciate your efforts! It is hard to please everyone :flowers: 

• Like 1

I personally don't think it's fair to pass any certifications from any company if a person is exposed cheating on anything. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thus video is almost a month old but is this good enough to get on that TNS list? Its a Heavy Grips 300 with a 58mm spread and rgc of 152lbs

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Austin Seitter said:

Thus video is almost a month old but is this good enough to get on that TNS list? Its a Heavy Grips 300 with a 58mm spread and rgc of 152lbs

Added. Great job.

Going to be updating this list fully, soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

List revamped and fully updated:

- Phoniest pasta enjoyer removed from the list fully

- Wider set depths now automatically apply also to narrower set depths as well, should an athlete not have a higher rgc close in the 'easier' set categories. As an example, if an athlete has a 200 rgc CCS close, but only a 184 rgc wide set close, or no wide set close at all, the 200 rgc CCS close automatically supersedes and replaces it, as it also qualifies as a wide set (only even wider) by definition. But if the same athlete instead has a 207 rgc wide set close, it would remain, as a 200 rgc CCS close could not supersede it. It didn't make any sense to have Carl listed with a 256 rgc wide set, but only a 220 rgc MMS, as by definition his block set was also an MMS - only even wider and more difficult (by an additional 18mm).

This structure should better represent what's actually been achieved as far as the heaviest known gripper closes, with a better understanding of what numbers to aim for as goals.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1