matek's training log

matek

56 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Happy to hear things are improving!

Thank you!

• Like 2

BW was 111kg/245lb today, I blame the pulled pork sandwiches I ate for two days straight. 

Neutral grip weighted pullups
- 3x1 60kg/132lb
- 3x2 55kg/121lb
- 3x3 50kg/110lb
- 3x4 45kg/99lb
- 3x5 40kg/88lb

Preacher curls
- 8x10 55kg/121lb

Compound row machine - one arm rows
Both hands
- 1x8 91kg/200lb
- 1x9 86kg/190lb
- 1x10 82kg/180lb
- 1x11 77kg/170lb
- 1x12 73kg/160lb

Cable triceps pushdown
- 5x14 83kg/183lb

• Like 6

4 hours ago, matek said:

BW was 111kg/245lb today, I blame the pulled pork sandwiches I ate for two days straight. 

Neutral grip weighted pullups
- 3x1 60kg/132lb
- 3x2 55kg/121lb
- 3x3 50kg/110lb
- 3x4 45kg/99lb
- 3x5 40kg/88lb

Preacher curls
- 8x10 55kg/121lb

Compound row machine - one arm rows
Both hands
- 1x8 91kg/200lb
- 1x9 86kg/190lb
- 1x10 82kg/180lb
- 1x11 77kg/170lb
- 1x12 73kg/160lb

Cable triceps pushdown
- 5x14 83kg/183lb

I’ll take a few lbs if you want. I’m 179lbs. I need to eat even more. It’s like I put on some muscle and now I require even more calories.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I’ll take a few lbs if you want. I’m 179lbs. I need to eat even more. It’s like I put on some muscle and now I require even more calories.

Yea it's really like that. With any kind of diet (cutting/bulking, doesn't matter) the hard thing is consistency. Hitting the calorie target every single day... 

You can take 10 lbs of fat😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, matek said:

Yea it's really like that. With any kind of diet (cutting/bulking, doesn't matter) the hard thing is consistency. Hitting the calorie target every single day... 

You can take 10 lbs of fat😂

Any port in a storm 

• Haha 1

Loadable inch trainer

Not a long workout today, just a few lifts
Both hands
- 8x1 63.9kg/140.9lb lift
RH
- 2x1 66.3kg/146.2lb lift
LH
- 2x1 66.3kg/146.2lb tilt lift

• Like 6

- CRS 5/16" x 7" single leathers reverse bend 2 hits to 59 degrees, 10 secs
- CRS 21/64" x 7" single leathers DU bend 1 hit to 81 degrees, 4 secs

Before the reverse, I also did these:
- 10 x (1-1), (2-2), (3-3), (4-4) WD2 Orange spring
- 5x (5-5), (6-6) WD2 Orange spring

- 2x4 14.6kg/32.2lb plate curls both hands
- 1x1 17.4k/38.4lb weighted plate curl both hands
- 1x1 17.4k/38.4lb weighted plate curl LH
- 1x1 20.3kg/44.8lb weighted plate curl RH

Can be a little bit stricter, but it's ok. 

- 3x1 KWN40 blob lifts with a few sec hold both hands
- 2x1 KWN50 blob assisted lifts both hands
- 2x1 KWN50 blob lift RH
- 2x1 KWN50 blob assisted lifts LH

- 1x3 CoC #3 MMS + small hold (but opened fast) RH
Almost forgot to show the handle in the video (not like it's really important since it's just practice)

- 12x25 pushups with pushup stands
I did these between the grip sets.

Shoulder/pec is a lot better (that's why I did some bends), but the other day when I did heavy wrist curls I strained one of the flexor muscles in my right forearm. Sigh... but in a few days I go to Hungary to visit family and friends. Hopefully, it will heal there. 

20230824.JPG

Edited by matek
  • Like 9

53 minutes ago, matek said:

- CRS 5/16" x 7" single leathers reverse bend 2 hits to 59 degrees, 10 secs
- CRS 21/64" x 7" single leathers DU bend 1 hit to 81 degrees, 4 secs

Before the reverse, I also did these:
- 10 x (1-1), (2-2), (3-3), (4-4) WD2 Orange spring
- 5x (5-5), (6-6) WD2 Orange spring

- 2x4 14.6kg/32.2lb plate curls both hands
- 1x1 17.4k/38.4lb weighted plate curl both hands
- 1x1 17.4k/38.4lb weighted plate curl LH
- 1x1 20.3kg/44.8lb weighted plate curl RH

Can be a little bit stricter, but it's ok. 

- 3x1 KWN40 blob lifts with a few sec hold both hands
- 2x1 KWN50 blob assisted lifts both hands
- 2x1 KWN50 blob lift RH
- 2x1 KWN50 blob assisted lifts LH

- 1x3 CoC #3 MMS + small hold (but opened fast) RH
Almost forgot to show the handle in the video (not like it's really important since it's just practice)

- 12x25 pushups with pushup stands
I did these between the grip sets.

Shoulder/pec is a lot better (that's why I did some bends), but the other day when I did heavy wrist curls I strained one of the flexor muscles in my right forearm. Sigh... but in a few days I go to Hungary to visit family and friends. Hopefully, it will heal there. 

20230824.JPG

Enjoy seeing those guns! Crazy impressive arms

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Enjoy seeing those guns! Crazy impressive arms

Thank you, Michael! I hope I'll earn wrists like yours eventually!

3 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Studly session!

Thanks! I might try some Heslep when my shoulders are 100%.

• Like 2

Thanks Wrist Brother Matek - You are blazing your own wrist strength path and no doubt will have some of the strongest wrists ever if you desire! I love how you mention EARN - that is so very true about wrist strength, and you understand and live it! BTW, mandatory order you have a forearm pic every other post:) Those are the deal-no doubt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I 2nd what everyone else said. Glad the shoulder and pec are healing nicely. Sorry about the forearm. 

have fun in Hungary. I remember you said you were going to try and get a Chest Krusher when you went back. Is that still part of the plan?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Wrist Brother Matek - You are blazing your own wrist strength path and no doubt will have some of the strongest wrists ever if you desire! I love how you mention EARN - that is so very true about wrist strength, and you understand and live it! BTW, mandatory order you have a forearm pic every other post:) Those are the deal-no doubt

Thanks for your kind words! I won't give up trying to be better, that's for sure. 
Ahah thanks, will try to shoot some good ones 😂

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I 2nd what everyone else said. Glad the shoulder and pec are healing nicely. Sorry about the forearm. 

have fun in Hungary. I remember you said you were going to try and get a Chest Krusher when you went back. Is that still part of the plan?

Thank you!

Not this time probably, I'll have to spend a lot of money anyway.. 🙁 But I still want one!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, matek said:

Thanks for your kind words! I won't give up trying to be better, that's for sure. 
Ahah thanks, will try to shoot some good ones 😂

Thank you!

Not this time probably, I'll have to spend a lot of money anyway.. 🙁 But I still want one!

I dont gamble but if i ever come into a bunch of money image.png.480097e47ca6a8f51aa7baabfe26a597.png

• Haha 3

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

I dont gamble but if i ever come into a bunch of money image.png.480097e47ca6a8f51aa7baabfe26a597.png

ahahahh let me know 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Incredible feats of strength Mate! Forearms look insane as do your biceps 💪 

Enjoy your visit to Hungary. Maybe the thermal spas could help with recovery. Does your family eat Burek? I just discovered it last year and it's great stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Incredible feats of strength Mate! Forearms look insane as do your biceps 💪 

Enjoy your visit to Hungary. Maybe the thermal spas could help with recovery. Does your family eat Burek? I just discovered it last year and it's great stuff. 

Thanks a lot!
I will like it when I'm already there, but I'm really not looking forward to the long flight (and there is no direct one...). 
It's not something we eat a lot, but that's a damn good pie. Usually it's something we buy at a bakery, not something we make ourselves. But I guess that's normal everywhere for pastries. Where do you buy it? Some Turkish/Balkan-style bakery in Calgary?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matek said:

Thanks a lot!
I will like it when I'm already there, but I'm really not looking forward to the long flight (and there is no direct one...). 
It's not something we eat a lot, but that's a damn good pie. Usually it's something we buy at a bakery, not something we make ourselves. But I guess that's normal everywhere for pastries. Where do you buy it? Some Turkish/Balkan-style bakery in Calgary?

That's a bummer about the flights. I guess Tokyo-Budapest isn't a heavily in demand route?

I buy it from a place called European Deli and Bakery. It's owned and operated by people from Kosovo. Alot of Albanians work there. Always lineups and wait times for the burek 😁 I figured Hungary may be close enough to the Balkans that burek was a popular dish. Tbh I'm not too familiar with the food in Hungary. I've heard the language is very challenging to learn and the cost of living seems very affordable compared to here in Canada. Would love to go some day. Alot of those countries between Europe and Asia look like an interesting cultural crossroads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

That's a bummer about the flights. I guess Tokyo-Budapest isn't a heavily in demand route?

I buy it from a place called European Deli and Bakery. It's owned and operated by people from Kosovo. Alot of Albanians work there. Always lineups and wait times for the burek 😁 I figured Hungary may be close enough to the Balkans that burek was a popular dish. Tbh I'm not too familiar with the food in Hungary. I've heard the language is very challenging to learn and the cost of living seems very affordable compared to here in Canada. Would love to go some day. Alot of those countries between Europe and Asia look like an interesting cultural crossroads. 

That's great man. I need a bakery like that in my city😁.
Yes, we share many similar dishes for historical reasons (the language is unique though, not Slavic). And then of course every country claims their version is the original, best, etc. 😂 One famous dish truly originating from Hungary is goulash (means herdsman/cattleman in Hungarian).
From a Canadian perspective, it may seem that the cost of living is relatively low - but so are the wages, at least for an average citizen. 

• Like 1

Bent over rows - doh
- 8x10 120kg/265lb

Cable triceps pushdown
- 5x16 83kg/183lb

Preacher curls 
- 2x10 55kg/121lb
This hurt my forearm a lot where I injured it so I stopped at the second set.

Compound row machine - Fat Gripz Extreme
- 8x12 110kg/243lb
The handles are bigger than normal, so it was at least 3" with the FGX.

Dumbbell hammer curls - Fat Gripz (original)
- 5x8 20.4kg/45lb dumbbell in both hands
This type of curl was ok. Seems like if there is no wrist flexion involved I'm ok. 

Incline chest press machine
- 8x12 80kg/176lb of plates

The last proper workout in the next ~2 weeks. I packed my GD IG90 gripper, the WD2, and a resistance band so I can do some stuff during the vacation. While I'm at my parents' house, I should still have my old pullup bar I drilled up when I was 16, so pushups and pullups are also an option. 

• Like 6

happy travels. hope you come back well rested

• Thanks 1

Have gripper will travel.

have a great vacation 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1