• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Rules have been updated!! 

Screenshot_20220308-064124_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

Haha, it ended up even dumber than I thought it would. So basically the only way to do it now without infringing upon the rules, either accidentally or intentionally, is to do a full bend reverse or Heslep in front of your body into a full U. Which is going to be extremely tricky once you’re past 60 degrees due to the wraps having to be new and thus being very slippery. 

This is what you get when you have non steel benders make up the rules. They don’t even understand how dumb it is.

• Like 6

-_- I didn't read the changed rules until a few minutes ago. I'm not versed in steel bending, but with my limited understanding, even I know this is going to hurt them. 

• Like 1

I doubt anyone will be able to cert the red nail anymore. Best method now will be to do a strict DU or reverse bend with one imp. The other folding method will be near impossible to pull off

• Like 3

I think with these rules changes, they should have someone to demonstrate how to legitimately bend the red nail under cert conditions. 

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Slippery Pete said:

I think with these rules changes, they should have someone to demonstrate how to legitimately bend the red nail under cert conditions. 

And the person who demonstrates the bend should use a red nail according to these "new" rules.

Rule #5 is so dumb as well.

From the moment you TOUCH either the nail or the pads you have 2 mins to complete the bend. That means you can't waste any time to measure the nail or show the pads.

Just have to speed chalk and wrap as soon as you open it.

Screenshot_20220308-111827_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

*Reads new rules*

*Throws out IMP's* 

Grant Gustin Next to Oliver Queens Grave 08032022052553.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, stranger said:

*Reads new rules*

*Throws out IMP's* 

Grant Gustin Next to Oliver Queens Grave 08032022052553.jpg

I really hope he wrapped them and burried them in less than two minutes :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm just afraid this will stop new benders getting into bending.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Rule #5 is so dumb as well.

From the moment you TOUCH either the nail or the pads you have 2 mins to complete the bend. That means you can't waste any time to measure the nail or show the pads.

Just have to speed chalk and wrap as soon as you open it.

Screenshot_20220308-111827_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I actually think that's the dumbest part of it all. I actually don't mind that you "can't" bend DO. I'm totally fine with only reverse if the list changes of course.

3 minutes ago, Lennix said:

To  be honest, there's a lot of places you can certify for steel bending these days. And also buy much better steel. So it shouldn't scare away anyone who wants to get in to bending steel. It's our job to inform people where they can buy steel and attempt certifications.

2 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

There's one guy who bent it barehanded so that wouldn't be a problem :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feels like only a dream now 😂

AddText_03-08-11.48.49~2.jpg

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yeah I know of a few guys who could definitely cert the red with their new rules, Bat being one of them. But the red list will now be an elite list and the gold nail just impossible.

Edited by bruce1337

3 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

I doubt anyone will be able to cert the red nail anymore. Best method now will be to do a strict DU or reverse bend with one imp. The other folding method will be near impossible to pull off

Strict DU wouldn’t work either. The hands and arms are only allowed to make “incidental” contact with the body. With stict DU you’re definitely bracing your hands on your chest to keep the bar from “spinning” out. And since the hands need to be in contact with the upperbody for this, it can’t be viewed as “incidental”.

It’s like I said. The only thing that’s consistent with the current rule set is to reverse or Heslep it from straight to a “U” at a distance away from your body where your hands and arms won’t touch your body more than incidentally.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Yeah I know of a few guys who could definitely cert the red with their new rules, Bat being one of them. But the red list will now be an elite list and the gold nail just impossible.

I don’t think anyone can cert the red right now with their current rules. But a few guys could with training. But I don’t see the point for anyone to do so. It has become a bit of a circus trick now so I would liken it being able to juggle something really heavy. Impressive sure, but those of us who care about actually being strong will move on to other challenges.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Bat’s barehanded bend would not qualify according to these rules. Bat is baracing his hands against his chest hard. And he also holds the bar higher than his sternum at times.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Exactly. 

On 2/23/2022 at 1:18 PM, David_wigren said:

I swear Ironmind is like an 8 year old with a shotgun. They need constant supervision. If you turn around for a second they’ll have accidentally shoot off their own foot.

Yep. That’s exactly what happened. 

23 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Strict DU wouldn’t work either. The hands and arms are only allowed to make “incidental” contact with the body. With stict DU you’re definitely bracing your hands on your chest to keep the bar from “spinning” out. And since the hands need to be in contact with the upperbody for this, it can’t be viewed as “incidental”.

It’s like I said. The only thing that’s consistent with the current rule set is to reverse or Heslep it from straight to a “U” at a distance away from your body where your hands and arms won’t touch your body more than incidentally.

Would it be possible to DU just slightly away from the body?

5 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Would it be possible to DU just slightly away from the body?

It’s possible for sure. But the witness would need to watch the chest close to check for infringements. If you’re only 2-3 inches away from your chest it can be hard for a witness or a camera to actually see that no bracing is occurring. It’s likely going to become a slippery slope with cert attempts that are judged differently due to different judges not knowing what to look for and etc.

I’m gonna message Ironmind later and have them remove my name from their list. Honest and fair competition is something I value strongly and it’s obvious now that Ironmind does not share those values.

• Like 4

Thats The Neat Part You Dont 08032022073435.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3