DevilErik's Training Log

DevilErik

I tried setting my Vulcan V2 with the CROM spring for the first time in months again I said that I would give up on setting forever because I just couldn't do it.

To my shock I was actually able to set the Vulcan v2 to deep set level with the CROM spring.

Which is absolutely insane for me because I couldn't even set the CROM spring to deep set level on the easiest level.

So I did one deep set rep to see whether or not it would actually move this time because it never would in the past.

It did and I closed level 11 with a deep set.

I am not going to do more singles today because I already trained grippers yesterday.

I did do 3 more deep sets with level 11 (3-2) I just didn't do closes.

If my recovery is able to handle it I will just do 3 deep set singles on Wednesday from now on just to practice deep sets and deep set closes.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I tried setting my Vulcan V2 with the CROM spring for the first time in months again I said that I would give up on setting forever because I just couldn't do it.

To my shock I was actually able to set the Vulcan v2 to deep set level with the CROM spring.

Which is absolutely insane for me because I couldn't even set the CROM spring to deep set level on the easiest level.

So I did one deep set rep to see whether or not it would actually move this time because it never would in the past.

It did and I closed level 11 with a deep set.

I am not going to do more singles today because I already trained grippers yesterday.

I did do 3 more deep sets with level 11 (3-2) I just didn't do closes.

If my recovery is able to handle it I will just do 3 deep set singles on Wednesday from now on just to practice deep sets and deep set closes.

That is awesome! My favorite part about working out, is moving something that you could't move before... It's that simple, but the feeling is incredible. The Vulcan is such a nice piece, I've been using the ISG to warm up and the Vulcan for sets of no more than 3. Been seeing great progress and they don't kill my hands like the COC do.

you gotta get the Wrist Developer someday.. I've been using it more and that is another great one.  

• Like 2

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

That is awesome! My favorite part about working out, is moving something that you could't move before... It's that simple, but the feeling is incredible. The Vulcan is such a nice piece, I've been using the ISG to warm up and the Vulcan for sets of no more than 3. Been seeing great progress and they don't kill my hands like the COC do.

you gotta get the Wrist Developer someday.. I've been using it more and that is another great one.  

Great to hear!

I am going to get it I just don't know when I think it can be a great tool for strengthening the tendons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Great to hear!

I am going to get it I just don't know when I think it can be a great tool for strengthening the tendons.

it is. I reluctantly stopped my levering for a while and I really miss it... But the Wrist Developer is hard on the wrists, as is levering.....Eventually i'll be able  to use both.   I could be wrong, but I think using the WD, will help condition my wrists to lever heavier hammers.... I'm so close to doing my 14lbs one...  I can lever it with my arm straight out but my arm lowers so it doesn't count.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

it is. I reluctantly stopped my levering for a while and I really miss it... But the Wrist Developer is hard on the wrists, as is levering.....Eventually i'll be able  to use both.   I could be wrong, but I think using the WD, will help condition my wrists to lever heavier hammers.... I'm so close to doing my 14lbs one...  I can lever it with my arm straight out but my arm lowers so it doesn't count.

Levering is freaking awesome.

Hopefully you can go back to levering soon.

I only do singles now in order to keep the inflammation low and it's working really well I can train my wrists twice a week now without any problems.

I am going to add plate curls and the wrist developer to my routine in the future.

The great thing about me only doing singles is that I can pretty much do all forearm exercises in 1 workout because I only do 1 single per exercise.

That's great news hopefully the wrist developer will do the same thing for me.

14 lbs is a great weight man nice!

I am sure you will get it soon!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 6:02 AM, DevilErik said:

Levering is freaking awesome.

Hopefully you can go back to levering soon.

I only do singles now in order to keep the inflammation low and it's working really well I can train my wrists twice a week now without any problems.

I am going to add plate curls and the wrist developer to my routine in the future.

The great thing about me only doing singles is that I can pretty much do all forearm exercises in 1 workout because I only do 1 single per exercise.

That's great news hopefully the wrist developer will do the same thing for me.

14 lbs is a great weight man nice!

I am sure you will get it soon!

Thanks...,thats great for you too.I'm actually finally doing what you do, i'm going for low reps. 

I just enjoy the moderate rep range better. But i want to build powerful hands...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thanks...,thats great for you too.I'm actually finally doing what you do, i'm going for low reps. 

I just enjoy the moderate rep range better. But i want to build powerful hands...

You could just stick to the moderate rep range if you want it will just take longer to get strong but you will get hypertrophy too.

Today's workout:

Golden grip grippers:

Golden grip 300 lbs gripper: 4 attempts

I am getting closer I have no idea when I will be able to close it but I am getting closer each week so I just have to be patient.

I am so close that I am barely able to see whether the handles are touching or not.

Vulcan V2 orange spring.

4 singles:

These turned into attempts I got insanely close on the first attempt and pretty close on the second one.

I was also way too fatgued to set the gripper.

I decided to go back to the golden grip 300 lbs gripper and do 2 more attempts with that.

I got super close on those as well while being super fatigued so I am definitely getting stronger.

Wrists: 

13 lbs sledgehammer:

All angles 1 single no rest between singles.

Wrist curl

Reverse wrist curl

Radial deviation

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Sledge choke 

My wrist are just getting stronger and stronger I love it.

Recovery:

Golden grip 100 lbs gripper:

3x failure

This workout went great despite me not hitting a PR.

I did get closer to closing the 300 LBS gripper so I am satisfied!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Today's workout:

Golden grip grippers:

Golden grip 300 lbs gripper: 4 attempts

I am getting closer I have no idea when I will be able to close it but I am getting closer each week so I just have to be patient.

I am so close that I am barely able to see whether the handles are touching or not.

Vulcan V2 orange spring.

4 singles:

These turned into attempts I got insanely close on the first attempt and pretty close on the second one.

I was also way too fatgued to set the gripper.

I decided to go back to the golden grip 300 lbs gripper and do 2 more attempts with that.

I got super close on those as well while being super fatigued so I am definitely getting stronger.

Wrists: 

13 lbs sledgehammer:

All angles 1 single no rest between singles.

Wrist curl

Reverse wrist curl

Radial deviation

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Sledge choke 

My wrist are just getting stronger and stronger I love it.

Recovery:

3x failure

This workout went great despite me not hitting a PR.

I did get closer to closing the 300 LBS gripper so I am satisfied!

Crush grip and sledge work go very well together- excellent workout and very strong on sledges!

Just now, Kluv#0 said:

Crush grip and sledge work go very well together- excellent workout and very strong on sledges!

Definitely, I love doing both!

Thanks for the support I really appreciate it!

• Like 1

Today's workout:

Ivanko super gripper:

Warming up:

(1,3)-(1,5)-(1,7)

One rep max: (4,11) easy close

Vulcan V2:

4 CCS singles: 8-8 I closed 2 out of 4 so I am going to move up a notch next workout. (PR)

Wrists:

Sledgehammer:

Wrist curl

Reverse wrist curl

Radial deviation

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Hammer curl

Reverse curl

Sledge choke(sledge deadlift)

Recovery:

Golden grip 100 lbs gripper: 3 sets to failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

Nice work @DevilErik! Do you think the wrist work helped you with grippers? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matek said:

Nice work @DevilErik! Do you think the wrist work helped you with grippers? 

Thanks! Yeah definitely they have great synergy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Thanks! Yeah definitely they have great synergy.

Interesting. I will try adding a few exercises once per week. 

• Like 1

Just now, matek said:

Interesting. I will try adding a few exercises once per week. 

Plate curls and sledgehammer work are probably best if you are seeking that strength carry over.

• Like 2

Just now, DevilErik said:

Plate curls and sledgehammer work are probably best if you are seeking that strength carry over.

Thanks for the tip. I think I can mimic sledgehammer work with a big rolling pin and a resistance band (since I already have these), will try it out. 

• Like 1

Just now, matek said:

Thanks for the tip. I think I can mimic sledgehammer work with a big rolling pin and a resistance band (since I already have these), will try it out. 

Finger rolls are also great for crush strength.

Basically wrist curls but you let the bar roll all the way down to the fingertips and then you curl back up.

That could work, you could also use a single ended dumbbell with plates.

So you basically make a hammer out of a dumbbell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Finger rolls are also great for crush strength.

Basically wrist curls but you let the bar roll all the way down to the fingertips and then you curl back up.

That could work, you could also use a single ended dumbbell with plates.

So you basically make a hammer out of a dumbbell.

Good idea. If I have some time left at the gym (usually I go pretty late after work, and they close at 23:00), I will try that. If not, something with the bands at home. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, matek said:

Good idea. If I have some time left at the gym (usually I go pretty late after work, and they close at 23:00), I will try that. If not, something with the bands at home. 

you must have a friend, uncle, inlaw or someone with a sledgehammer they will give you.

36 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

you must have a friend, uncle, inlaw or someone with a sledgehammer they will give you.

Inlaw and uncle definitely has one. But I don't live in my home country. 

If I like the movement, maybe I'll just buy one :). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, matek said:

Inlaw and uncle definitely has one. But I don't live in my home country. 

If I like the movement, maybe I'll just buy one :). 

Your gonna love it. I recommend an 8 and 12. It will keep you busy for a while. Less is more I’ve learned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Your gonna love it. I recommend an 8 and 12. It will keep you busy for a while. Less is more I’ve learned.

Thank you for the recommendation!

• Like 1

Today's training session:

Golden grip grippers:

300 lbs gripper : 

4 attempts: I am getting closer each week it's just a matter of time!

Vulcan V2:

2 attempts: 8-9 these were pretty close!

Wrists:

6 kg sledgehammer:

Each exercise for 1 single no rest between singles.

Wrist curl

Reverse wrist curl

Radial deviation

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Hammer curl

Reverse curl

Sledge choke

My wrists are getting mad strong!

Recovery:

3x failure with the golden grip 100 lbs gripper.

• Like 2

Today's training session:

Warming up:

I decided to try my old warming up to see whether or not it would actually prime my CNS for the heavier stuff.

It did! I felt much stronger throughout the session.

I was afraid I would be much weaker because of the longer warm up but I am actually much stronger!

Ivanko super gripper warming up:

(1,3)-(1,5)-(1,7)-(1,8)-(1,9)-(1,10)

Ivanko super gripper:

1 rep max (3,12)

Oops I accidentally moved up two settings I still got it and it felt pretty easy.

Vulcan V2:

I decided to drop down one notch because I kept getting attempts instead of singles.

4 CCS singles: 8-7 got all 4 and they felt pretty easy!

Wrists:

6 kg sledgehammer:

Wrist curl

Reverse wrist curl

Radial deviation

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Hammer curl

Reverse curl

Sledge choke

Recovery:

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

Strong work again with the sledgehammer! I love wrist strength training as you earn everything-nothing given.

• Like 1