DevilErik's Training Log

DevilErik

Just now, SteinWillems1 said:

Nice man, happy birthday! Are you dutch?

Thanks man!

Yeah I am.

33 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Thanks man!

Yeah I am.

Ah great, where are you from?!

Just now, SteinWillems1 said:

Ah great, where are you from?!

I live in Heerhugowaard and I was born in Alkmaar.

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

I live in Heerhugowaard and I was born in Alkmaar.

Aah nice! I am from Nijmegen!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DevilErik said:

It really is man!

This is actually an off brand handle there is a Dutch website with grip stuff now which is really awesome.

I have tried it with and without chalk I like both.

The pinch block and rolling handle are both 60mm I can actually get both hands on my pinch block which is pretty cool.

This is only 18.75 kg but is was actually pretty tough one handed with the pinch block it was easy with the rolling handle though.

I am a complete newb though so it wasn't unexpected.

Thank you for the kind words man you too!

Sounds good to me. Both will take you grip strength to new levels.

Id lower gripper volume for now since you are adding in thick bar and pinch work as like blacksmith says, your tendons need to condition.

Thats a great start on pinch. It will go up fast. Its great you can do 2 hand pinch as well. You can get more wrist into 2HP but best to train both however,

Id train both but focus more on 1 handed for now to keep your hands balanced. My left is better pinch as are many right handers but you will have to find out which of yours is stronger.

Have fun 💪

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Sounds good to me. Both will take you grip strength to new levels.

Id lower gripper volume for now since you are adding in thick bar and pinch work as like blacksmith says, your tendons need to condition.

Thats a great start on pinch. It will go up fast. Its great you can do 2 hand pinch as well. You can get more wrist into 2HP but best to train both however,

Id train both but focus more on 1 handed for now to keep your hands balanced. My left is better pinch as are many right handers but you will have to find out which of yours is stronger.

Have fun 💪

I will take your advice lowering the volume however works pretty bad for me so I will just go back to once a week.

This of course also reduces volume but I really don't want to mess with the number of reps I do in a workout because this programming works perfectly for me.

I didn't know my tendons also needed conditioning for thickbar and pinch so I am very happy with this information.

I don't think it was my max I just ran out of plates.

I am going to do that I can't really do 2 handed anyway at the moment because I don't have enough weight.

Thanks man!

I am hooked man I don't even know what I like best anymore I just love everything.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I will take your advice lowering the volume however works pretty bad for me so I will just go back to once a week.

This of course also reduces volume but I really don't want to mess with the number of reps I do in a workout because this programming works perfectly for me.

I didn't know my tendons also needed conditioning for thickbar and pinch so I am very happy with this information.

I don't think it was my max I just ran out of plates.

I am going to do that I can't really do 2 handed anyway at the moment because I don't have enough weight.

Thanks man!

I am hooked man I don't even know what I like best anymore I just love everything.

When i say lower volume id just cut back a bit for couple of weeks until your joints and tendons adapt to the extra workload. I dont mean cut it in half or anything. Maybe just cut out the 3 finisher sets at the end you do for now. 

Pinch especially can be quite taxing on the elbows, you dont want any tendonitis issues. Pinch and thick bar are great fun though. Rolling handles make me very sore but i love it.

Ite addicting especially when you are new to it as you can add weight quite fast. Im sure your thumb pad muscle will grow in time as well. That will only help with crush. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

When i say lower volume id just cut back a bit for couple of weeks until your joints and tendons adapt to the extra workload. I dont mean cut it in half or anything. Maybe just cut out the 3 finisher sets at the end you do for now. 

Pinch especially can be quite taxing on the elbows, you dont want any tendonitis issues. Pinch and thick bar are great fun though. Rolling handles make me very sore but i love it.

Ite addicting especially when you are new to it as you can add weight quite fast. Im sure your thumb pad muscle will grow in time as well. That will only help with crush. 

I will just do the one rep max then and some thickbar or pinch instead of the 3 singles.

I have had both wrist tendonitis and elbow tendonitis before it freaking sucks.

Yeah man I love them both.

My brother came to visit and we ramped up to the 18.75 kg with the rolling handle and the pinch block he was actually able to lift it on both handles with small hands which was awesome.

The weird thing is though the 18.75 kg felt heavy for me on the pinch block yesterday but now I can toy with it which is pretty damn awesome.

I hope so I might also get the thumbscrews from baraban to really beef up the pad.

I could also do platecurls with the 10 kg plate the very first time I tried it.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

I just attempted pinch rows again with 18.75 kg I was not able to break it off the floor yesterday and now I can actually row it.

Rows are so much more difficult than deadlifts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I will just do the one rep max then and some thickbar or pinch instead of the 3 singles.

I have had both wrist tendonitis and elbow tendonitis before it freaking sucks.

Yeah man I love them both.

My brother came to visit and we ramped up to the 18.75 kg with the rolling handle and the pinch block he was actually able to lift it on both handles with small hands which was awesome.

The weird thing is though the 18.75 kg felt heavy for me on the pinch block yesterday but now I can toy with it which is pretty damn awesome.

I hope so I might also get the thumbscrews from baraban to really beef up the pad.

I could also do platecurls with the 10 kg plate the very first time I tried it.

Off to a great start.

I find pinch is a good warm up for thick bar work and vice versa if you keep the thick bar light. 

You will be pinching over 20kg in no time. Have a play about with hand placement and technique and once you nail it it will shoot up. Its a great feeling. 

Its weird but out off all muscle gains i love thumb pad gains the most lol.

Most lifters want big arms or chest, i just want massive boiled egg thumb pads 🤣

Rows are more difficult yet very good for grip as it makes you squeeze harder.

Try curls with the rolling handle as well. They are brutal but effective.

Also Try thumbless rolling handle lifts as well to mix it up. Excellent for wrist strength.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Off to a great start.

I find pinch is a good warm up for thick bar work and vice versa if you keep the thick bar light. 

You will be pinching over 20kg in no time. Have a play about with hand placement and technique and once you nail it it will shoot up. Its a great feeling. 

Its weird but out off all muscle gains i love thumb pad gains the most lol.

Most lifters want big arms or chest, i just want massive boiled egg thumb pads 🤣

Rows are more difficult yet very good for grip as it makes you squeeze harder.

Try curls with the rolling handle as well. They are brutal but effective.

Also Try thumbless rolling handle lifts as well to mix it up. Excellent for wrist strength.

Thanks man I appreciate the support!

I am just in love with grip now that I have my rolling handle and pinch block I like it even more.

I actually weighed my loading pin with all my plates on it and it weighs exactly 20 kg so I can already pinch row 20 kg.

The 20 kg is very easy on the rolling handle I actually looked up a video of the RGT and mine rolls just as well so I am super happy about that.

A big thumbpad looks awesome.

Haha I don't understand the whole chest and arms obsession either my favourite muscle groups are back and legs.

My grip actually gives out faster while doing rows I didn't expect rows to be more difficult than deadlifts for my grip.

I have tried both curls and thumbless deadlifts I really need more weight because 20kg is way too easy haha.

I can even wrist curl the 20 kg.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

Today's session:

Ivanko super gripper:

Warming up:

(1,3)-(1,5)-(1,7)-(1,8)-(1,9)-(1,10)

One rep max:

(8,11) BOOOOOOOOOM PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

60mm Pinch block:

Deadlifts:

10 kg

20 kg

Rows:

20 kg 3x3

I couldn't even break this off the floor 2 days ago and now I can row it for a 3x3 without resetting on the floor.

60mm rolling handle:

Deadlifts:

10 kg

20 kg

Rows:

20 kg 3x3

Wrists:

Plate curl: 10 kg

Reverse plate curl: 5 kg

6 kg sledgehammer:

Front+rear sledge choke

Sledgehammer curl

Pronation hold

Supination hold

Recovery:

Golden grip 100 lbs gripper:

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

When I first tried my 60mm rolling handle on my birthday I thought it didn't spin that well.

I later tested it without holding on to the handle and it spins like crazy.

I think I found the reason why it doesn't spin that well while holding on to it.

This is me holding my 60mm rolling handle.

received_2199945430143543.jpeg

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

Look at what my brother sent me!!!!!

Booooom now I have got 40 kg!

received_7226772630730225.jpeg

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Look at what my brother sent me!!!!!

Booooom now I have got 40 kg!

received_7226772630730225.jpeg

enjoy!

• Like 1

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

enjoy!

Thanks man!

Today's session:

Grippers+Pinch+ Wrists

Ivanko Super Gripper:

Warming up:

One rep max:

(7,12) BOOOOOOM PRRRRR I AM ON A ROLLLLLLLL

At first I wasn't sure whether or not it was closed so I kept fighting the gripper I then heard a click. BOOOOOOMMM PR BABYYYYY

60mm pinch block:

Deadlifts:

10 kg

22,50 kg

I have no idea what my max is but I am going to take it slow I really want my tendons to adapt to the additional stress so I am just going to add 1,25 kg each week instead of ramping up to a max.

Rows:

22,50 kg

5x1

I was doing triples last week but I really don't like them singles just work best for me I respond really well to max effort when it comes to grip.

Wrists:

60mm rolling handle wrist curl: 21,25 kg

Sledgehammer:

Radial deviation

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Plates:

Plate wrist curl: 10 kg!

I tried 10 kg for the second time ever it felt impossible the very first time but now I got it! Wrist PR!

Reverse plate curl: 5 kg

Recovery:

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

Today's session:

Grippers+Pinch+Thickbar+Wrists

Ivanko Super gripper:

Warming up:

One rep max: (8,12)

Boooooooom PR CITY!

60mm pinch block:

Deadlift:

1 HP

10 kg

23,75 kg PR!!!

This actually felt pretty difficult.

60mm rolling handle:

Deadlift:

23,75 kg

This felt insanely easy!

Wrists:

60mm rolling handle:

Thumbless Wrist curl: 23,75 kg

10 kg plate:

Plate wrist curl

This felt super easy! 

5 kg plate:

Reverse curl

Sledgehammer:

Radial deviation

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Recovery:

3x failure

Protein powder container filled with sand:

Finger extensions 3x failure

The pump was absolutely insane I love this thing for recovery purposes.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Ivanko Super gripper:

Warming up:

One rep max: (8,12)

Boooooooom PR CITY!

Congrats man, you're getting really strong! (8,12) is like RGC ~156!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, matek said:

Congrats man, you're getting really strong! (8,12) is like RGC ~156!

Thanks man! I am over the moon.

My strength is skyrocketing!

3 more settings and I have conquered the Ivanko.

From what I have heard (8,12) feels like an easy CoC 3 and (10,12) feels like a hard CoC 3 which means I should be able to certify once I have conquered this gripper.

My next goal will be to close the highest setting on the Vulcan V2 with the orange spring on it.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

From what I have heard (8,12) feels like an easy CoC 3 and (10,12) feels like a hard CoC 3 which means I should be able to certify once I have conquered this gripper.

My next goal will be to close the highest setting on the Vulcan V2 with the orange spring on it.

Great to hear man.

Based on the CPW ratings, (8,12) is actually a harder #3 and (10,12) is more like a #3.5. At least based on the RGC rating method, because torsion spring grippers just behave differently. If you have a #3, I think you should give it a try in a training session, because I think you're stronger than you realize (or maybe need some time to adjust, who knows). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Doesn't that weaken the spring when its on the highest level? Not the end of the world when you have a CROM as well. 

I have a question, I just started using the V2 with a CROM... On a good day  I can set it and close it on the lowest level.. On the Orange spring, I can get to about 6th notch each side.. Does that sound about right?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, matek said:

Great to hear man.

Based on the CPW ratings, (8,12) is actually a harder #3 and (10,12) is more like a #3.5. At least based on the RGC rating method, because torsion spring grippers just behave differently. If you have a #3, I think you should give it a try in a training session, because I think you're stronger than you realize (or maybe need some time to adjust, who knows). 

Sadly I don't have a #3 I do have a 300 lbs non rated gripper but it has gotten narrow which really sucks.

I would love to try a #3 I am definitely going to get one I just don't know when.

I feel stronger than ever so I might actually be able to close it.

I think my sweep would be strong enough for a #3.5 but I don't think I'd have the strength to finish it off.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Doesn't that weaken the spring when its on the highest level? Not the end of the world when you have a CROM as well. 

I have a question, I just started using the V2 with a CROM... On a good day  I can set it and close it on the lowest level.. On the Orange spring, I can get to about 6th notch each side.. Does that sound about right?

I have no idea I think that would only happen if you'd rate the spring also I close a setting once and move on to the next so it wouldn't be a big deal.

You can't compare the two it isn't apples to apples.

They are basically 2 different grippers.

The orange spring is easier to set and ramps up towards the end like a torsion spring gripper does.

The CROM spring is INSANELY difficult to set, has a VERY hard sweep and an "easy" close.

However, some people say that if you can close level 15 CROM with a CCS you should be able to close a #3.

Edited by DevilErik