DevilErik's Training Log

DevilErik

39 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Yes they are exepensive. Other options are the Silarukov blob and david hornes blob top trainer what attaches to a loading pin. 

A wide cube from GOG would be cool. Thats very wide though at 120mm. Would be great fun. Tbh if i was you to start maybe something around the 100mm mark. 

I will look into it.

I have seen the blob top trainer but I had never heard of the Silarukov blob before so I will check that one out.

I will start with the 100mm one then thanks for the tip.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Yes they are exepensive. Other options are the Silarukov blob and david hornes blob top trainer what attaches to a loading pin. 

A wide cube from GOG would be cool. Thats very wide though at 120mm. Would be great fun. Tbh if i was you to start maybe something around the 100mm mark. 

I was just about the mention Horne. I know he has the Vulcan...  His Blob top trainer looks great. David Horne is one of those people I'm happy to give my money to. I never met him but him and him wife seem like great people.... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I will look into it.

I have seen the blob top trainer but I had never heard of the Silarukov blob before so I will check that one out.

I will start with the 100mm then thanks for the tip.

The silarukov blob looks good. Im not sure of prices though.

100mm is still like 4" and a wide pinch for most but with fingers and thumbs as long as yours it will be a great starting point. Very Wide pinch can be stressful to the joints so 100mm will be a great starting point. The GOG grip tools all have a fantastic finish on them and are well made and cheap enough. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I was just about the mention Horne. I know he has the Vulcan...  His Blob top trainer looks great. David Horne is one of those people I'm happy to give my money to. I never met him but him and him wife seem like great people.... 

Agreed, the blob top looks awesome. David seems a great guy, i spoken with him before. 

If you have not seen it already. Watch the Raspberry ape David horne interview on youtube. Its long but a fantastic interview. David is a wealth of knowledge, its well worth the time to watch it. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
Mistakes
  • Like 1

Just now, mcalpine1986 said:

The silarukov blob looks good. Im not sure of prices though.

100mm is still like 4" and a wide pinch for most but with fingers and thumbs as long as yours it will be a great starting point. Very Wide pinch can be stressful to the joints so 100mm will be a great starting point. The GOG grip tools all have a fantastic finish on them and are well made and cheap enough. 

Awesome.

I have had joint pain from pinching a 20 kg hex db before when I first started training pinch.

The GoG tools look great I really love the fact that they make super narrow and super wide stuff as well.

• Like 1

Just now, DevilErik said:

Awesome.

I have had joint pain from pinching a 20 kg hex db before when I first started training pinch.

The GoG tools look great I really love the fact that they make super narrow and super wide stuff as well.

Take it easy at first. Just low volume with a light weight. Pinch is great fun. Yes they do allsorts. I have their 6mm pinch plate, its a killer. So damn thin lol. Feels weird but builds fingertip strength. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Agreed, the blob top looks awesome. David seems a great guy, i spoken with him before. 

If ypu have not seen it watch it already. Watch the Raspberry ape David horne interview on youtube. Its long but a fantastic interview. David is a wealth of knowledge, its well worth the time to watch it. 

Honestly, I've probably watched the first 15 minutes of it like 5 times. I always watch stuff like that at bed time when I'm relaxed.. but I always fall asleep.  But one of these days i'll watch the full thing.  Raspberry Ape as is pretty knowledgeable too.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Honestly, I've probably watched the first 15 minutes of it like 5 times. I always watch stuff like that at bed time when I'm relaxed.. but I always fall asleep.  But one of these days i'll watch the full thing.  Raspberry Ape as is pretty knowledgeable too.

Haha. Its well worth watching the whole thing. Its great to see how passionate he is about grip.

• Like 1

Today's session:

Ivanko super gripper:

Warming up:

(1,3-(1,5)-(1,7)-(1,8)-(1,9)-(1,10)

One rep max:

(5,12) BOOOOOOOOOOM CLOSEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

I am actually not entirely sure whether or not I had closed (6,12) before my old injury and my lucky close so I won't count it which means that I FINALLY have my old strength back! 

My hands are also feeling stronger than ever.

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Vulcan V2:

8-8

3 wide set singles

I got the first 2 and I got super close on the third single (PR!)

Recovery:

100 lbs golden grip gripper:

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

Today's session:

Ivanko Super Gripper:

Warming up:

(1,3)-(1,5)-(1,7)-(1,8)-(1,9)-(1,10)

One rep max: (6,12)

BOOOOOOOM CLOSEDDDDDDD PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Vulcan V2:

8-8: 3 wide set singles

I got all 3 PR!!

I can't believe I got 3 singles.

When I first got the orange spring I couldn't even close 8-8 for 1 FRESH.

Now I can do 3 singles with 8-8 AFTER my max!

Recovery:

Golden grip 100 lbs gripper:

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 5

I am going to move my training session to Saturday because I am turning 25 on Friday and I don't train on birthdays.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

I am going to move my training session to Saturday because I am turning 25 on Friday and I don't train on birthdays.

Man to be 25 again. Enjoy it, all the sudden it just changes and your drinking 5 beers instead of 15 on your birthday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Man to be 25 again. Enjoy it, all the sudden it just changes and your drinking 5 beers instead of 15 on your birthday. 

That is the truest thing ive heard all day 🤣👏

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I have only been drunk once in my life I don't drink and I don't smoke.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I used to smoke but I quit cold turkey 2 years ago or something and never looked back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

That is the truest thing ive heard all day 🤣👏

Yup. A perfect Friday night night to me is a few beers and bed by 830.

2 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I have only been drunk once in my life I don't drink and I don't smoke.

You are better off. 

• Like 2

I used to smoke but I quit cold turkey 2 years ago or something and never looked back.

Smoking is terrible. I’ve never had a cigarette. I do smoke cigars and pipe tobacco, which I love but I don’t inhale and its something i do like twice month in the nice weather. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Smoking is terrible. I’ve never had a cigarette. I do smoke cigars and pipe tobacco, which I love but I don’t inhale and its something i do like twice month in the nice weather. 

So is drinking they are both bad and you are better off without them.

BOOOOOM

Now I just need some 20 kg plates and I can start building my base!

received_310738201004452.jpeg

received_371275158217235.jpeg

received_528924505526574.jpeg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

BOOOOOM

Awesome….. Happy birthday man! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

BOOOOOM

Awesome man, now it really is a happy brithday with new grip stuff like that. The RGT is a brutal handle, very slick and spins like crazy.

I find its best not to use any chalk at all but see how you go.

All the best 🎂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Awesome man, now it really is a happy brithday with new grip stuff like that. The RGT is a brutal handle, very slick and spins like crazy.

All the best 🎂

Thats why i just bought a 2nd.... To do deadhangs (which I cant yet with them)... But bodyweight rows I can do on my rings.  I don't use chalk either.    

• Like 2

Just now, mcalpine1986 said:

All the best 🎂

It really is man!

This is actually an off brand handle there is a Dutch website with grip stuff now which is really awesome.

I have tried it with and without chalk I like both.

The pinch block and rolling handle are both 60mm I can actually get both hands on my pinch block which is pretty cool.

This is only 18.75 kg but is was actually pretty tough one handed with the pinch block it was easy with the rolling handle though.

I am a complete newb though so it wasn't unexpected.

Thank you for the kind words man you too!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Awesome….. Happy birthday man! 

Thanks man!

• Like 1

It really is man!

This is actually an off brand handle there is a Dutch website with grip stuff now which is really awesome.

I have tried it with and without chalk I like both.

The pinch block and rolling handle are both 60mm I can actually get both hands on my pinch block which is pretty cool.

This is only 18.75 kg but is was actually pretty tough one handed with the pinch block it was easy with the rolling handle though.

I am a complete newb though so it wasn't unexpected.

Thank you for the kind words man you too!

Yeah the pinch block is awesome... I'd be lying if i remembered what my best was... I never have really trained with it... But it was probably 45lbs,  

grip is too addictive..there are so many different things to train.....I'm no expert but i'd recommend  one day with two hands, one with one hand with the pinch block for timed holds.....  Then use the rolling handle with lighter weights to do some rows.   I know you like going heavy.. But prepare your tendons and ligaments first.

You aren't a beginner but David Hornes beginner routine is great. I did a modified version for a few months. 

• Like 2