Gripper: 8x1 - 195 lb MM4 Replica, (R.H.) 19mm, (L.H.) 25mm

Pony Clamp: 5x10 seconds

2/27/2014 Grip) Dynamic Effort

Warm Up: 5x5 - 88 lb Tetting SA

Gripper: 7x1 - (R.H.) 176.4 lb FBBC HARD, (L.H.) 167 lb Elite

Euro Pinch: 8x1 - 144 lb, 60mm

Iso Lever: 5x5 seconds - 12 lbs

Extensors: 4x10 seconds - Red/Blue Bands

Been running around like a madman, going to set some time aside and throw in some kettlebell work later this week.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Thought I start a new log (the other one I had is now dead, I won't post there anymore). I've been busy the last 3 months with work, family, friends, my future-wife-to-be, sickness; it just took everything out of me and I never found time to get anything in, maybe a few closes on a #3 but nothing like I have done in the past. So I'm starting all over again, focusing on just a few movements and building up again.

On grippers, I'm getting some ideas from RRBT and attempting high reps. I've actually gained since I've taken so much time off, destroyed my rated 151.7 lb GHP7 for 100 reps. Today I hit a big P.R. with destroying my GHP8 (unrated) for 30 reps.

5/08/2014 Workout & Grip

Pistol Squat: 4x4 - B.W.

Dumbbell Military Press: 3x3 - 69.9 lbs

Dumbbell Curl: 3x3 - 69.9 lbs

Warm Up Gripper: 3x5 - Tetting SA, MMS

Grippers: 6x5 - RH GHP8 (unrated but feels about 177-178 lbs)...LH 151.7 GHP7

TTK: 3x30 - 42 lbs

Wrist Curl: 4x10 - 54.4 lbs

Extensors: 7x10 secs - Red/Blue bands

• Like 6

Good to see you back man and might I add some solid work already! Dayum! Was that 6 x 5 MMS reps on the Ghp8? Sick!

Good to see you back man and might I add some solid work already! Dayum! Was that 6 x 5 MMS reps on the Ghp8? Sick!

Thanks man!

Yeah, that was mms reps with a GHP8 (forgot to add that lol), actually felt easy.

Welcome back John. Wife to be? Congratulations! :D

Btw, ghp8 for 5 reps? What a weakling. Call me when youre up to the 10

• Like 1

Welcome back John. Wife to be? Congratulations! :D

Btw, ghp8 for 5 reps? What a weakling. Call me when youre up to the 10

Thanks man!

Yeah, that GHP8 is for the birds lol.

• Like 1

Nice to see you back on the Board John. Strong gripper work per usual.

• Like 1

Nice to see you back on the Board John. Strong gripper work per usual.

Thanks man! I plan on getting more out of that gripper.

• 2 weeks later...

5/16/2014 Workout)

Squats: 374.4 lbs x 10 (didn't count the warm ups)

Dumbbell Snatch: 15x3 - 69 lbs

Secret Weapon: 7x3-5 seconds - 119.7 lbs

• Like 1

Nice volume with the snatches, doing them with thickbar will enhance your overall power and grip strength... Added them to my routine

• Like 1

Broke out my barbell for the first time in months, wasn't expecting to lift much, maybe a 150-200 lbs, went beyond that. Was planning on doing grip another day but said what the **** and gave it ago. Surprised I was able to actually do anything tonight, my back has been hurting very bad the last couple of days.

5/19/2014 Workout and Grip

Squats: 3x6 - 443.4 lbs

Deadlift: 3x2 - 300 lbs

Military Press: 3x2 - 138.2 lbs

Barbell Curl: 3x2 - 138.2 lbs

(Grip portion)

Secret Weapon: 7x3-5 seconds - 127.8 lbs

TTK: 3x20 - 40 lbs

Wrist Roller: 127.8 lbs

Extensors: 5x10 seconds - Red/Blue/Yellow Bands combined

Damn john...am I reading correctly? After almost no training for 3 months you squatted 443 pounds for 3 sets of 6? Holy :mosher:rock

Damn john...am I reading correctly? After almost no training for 3 months you squatted 443 pounds for 3 sets of 6? Holy :mosher:rock

More like 5 1/2 months really.

How come you squat so well and then your pulls are so minimal?

• Like 1

How come you squat so well and then your pulls are so minimal?

Personally could never understand that one myself, my body is strange at times; but I do tend to focus more time on one lift than others. I guess you could say it just depends on what I'm doing during one cycle vs another.

Kept everything within the 70% range of what I did from the last workout. Also, I'm not going to log the warm ups anymore and just getting right to it.

5/22/2014 Workout & Grip

Squat: 3x5 - 319.4 lbs

Deadlift: 3x5 - 229.8 lbs

Military Press: 3x5 - 99.8 lbs

Curl:3x5 - 99.8 lbs

Gripper: 9x10 - RB Adjustable, 6-5 setting, mms sets

TTK: 3x20 - 39.8 lbs

Wrist Curl: 1x25 - 99.8 lbs, both ways

Extensor: 6x10 seconds - Red/blue/yellow bands combinded

This log dosent seem like your doing so bad, you could have picked up where you left off on the other one. You got any vids of those squats and deads? There has to be some other reason there is such a big diff in poundages unless your half squatting the weight.

Edited by rico300zx

Pistol Squat: 4x4 - B.W.

If John's flexible enough to do pistols, I bet he's not shorting on depth. Impressive squatting dude!

• Like 1

I believe John wrote something about using a hipbelt like IM sells for his squats, but I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to search it up.

Still, John's a strong dude and seems to be very consistent in strength. That's the department I'm failing in now and than.

(sorry about talking to you in the third person John haha)

• Like 1

I believe John wrote something about using a hipbelt like IM sells for his squats, but I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to search it up.

Still, John's a strong dude and seems to be very consistent in strength. That's the department I'm failing in now and than.

Yes, I meant to post that I'm using the IM Squat Belt for any weighted squats I do; don't have a squat rack/cage at the moment. I just forgot to actually mention it.

• Like 1

Good stuff John, keep beasting it out brother

• Like 1

its cool I mess my log up all the time.

are currently looking for a rack? They are really usefull even for calibrating steel.

rico

Yes, I meant to post that I'm using the IM Squat Belt for any weighted squats I do; don't have a squat rack/cage at the moment. I just forgot to actually mention it.

its cool I mess my log up all the time.

are currently looking for a rack? They are really usefull even for calibrating steel.

rico

• Like 1

I might look into getting a rack/cage within the next couple of months, but for right now I'll keep using the IM Squat belt.

• 2 weeks later...

Been sick last two weeks. My girl and I have also been looking for a place together. Crazy times but worth each second. May hit some weights later this week.

5/05/2014 Grip Work)

Thor Grip Machine: 18x5 (90 total reps) - 174 lbs, one hand.

TTK: 3x30/30/40 (100 total reps) - 44.9 lbs

Iso Lever: 4x10 seconds - 12 lbs, forward/reverse

Extensors: 4x10 seconds - Red-Blue-Yellow bands combined

• Like 1