Richaz Training Log

macaz

Well I’m gearing up for tomorrow. I will start that program Tim put up. I have a 136#RB-N, a 114# RB black unmarked gripper, a 109# BBM(may be a tad lighter since its been well used) A buddy at work has a perfect 105# #2 but it is his goal gripper while he does RRBT so I don’t want to ask for it. last I have an Atomgripz 2band @82#.

The target gripper range was 135@90%, 113@75%, 105@70% & 75@50% but I don’t think what I have is too far off. My left hand will go through the same program with the same grippers that my right is using. I’m curious if it can catch up. The 136# will be more like a 100% gripper but I think it will be able to hang because the program does not have a lot of the 90%. This will be a good experiment I suppose. If my left hurts then Its not a good thing to do the program at 10% higher #s. If it gets really strong then it is a good thing to do. Time will tell. :)

Thanks Kevin!

Today was the first day of STP (Struse Training Program) I wormed up my wrists and forearms at the gym with dumbbell wrist curls both ways. Rotated a 15 pound dumbbell around in a circle motion.

Warmed up with squats and hit the gripper. 5 sets of triples with the 75% gripper = 114#. Focused on slamming the handles together. Was surprised at how much this wore me out. 15 reps is not much but if you slam the handles it is more like a max effort.

I tried to use the same gripper with my left but this wont work. After the 1st set I could not touch the handles. I calculated the RGC # needed for left @ 122, 102, 95 & 68. I guess Ill just have to have two sets of grippers.

After the grippers I did heavy curls with suponation on the way down on the right but can’t do the suponation on the left yet because of the wrist. Also did that rope cable machine triceps exercise and really trusted my wrists during the reps which felt good.

Well I’m gearing up for tomorrow. I will start that program Tim put up. I have a 136#RB-N, a 114# RB black unmarked gripper, a 109# BBM(may be a tad lighter since its been well used) A buddy at work has a perfect 105# #2 but it is his goal gripper while he does RRBT so I don’t want to ask for it. last I have an Atomgripz 2band @82#.

The target gripper range was 135@90%, 113@75%, 105@70% & 75@50% but I don’t think what I have is too far off. My left hand will go through the same program with the same grippers that my right is using. I’m curious if it can catch up. The 136# will be more like a 100% gripper but I think it will be able to hang because the program does not have a lot of the 90%. This will be a good experiment I suppose. If my left hurts then Its not a good thing to do the program at 10% higher #s. If it gets really strong then it is a good thing to do. Time will tell. :)

good luck on your new program

Thank you bigT,

Today I tried to bend a G5 with IM pads. I cant believe I cant bend it. I can do a red in leather FBBC so WTF. I warmed up with a nail and that seemed kind of hard too. I don’t think I will get the red nail in IM wraps this year. I want to take it easy on my wrists and get my left better.

I want to focus on STP and get a lot stronger on grippers. I also have been working on thumb a lot but have not mentioned it. Blobbing on the left puts my wrist in a position that bugs it a tad so I will give it a rest for a while. BUT since I am hitting thumbs heavy I think Ill be better when I get back to it.

I still will do my right with blobs once in a while. The Husky pony clamps are really good in the small medium sizes. The green no name pony clamps are silly hard.

Instead of using 2 sets of grippers you can always work toward the weaker hand to even them up. Just a thought.

Instead of using 2 sets of grippers you can always work toward the weaker hand to even them up. Just a thought.

I tried Russ. The 5 triples (trying to smash the handles together) just wore me down both lefty and righty. I could keep up righty but the handles didn’t touch after the 1st set lefty. I will still use the 50% gripper right for the left because I think I can actually muscle through it. The rest I will use the 90%, 75% and 70% left rated grippers for the left. Believe me when I say I wanted to power through it with my left.

I finished my 1st week of my STP. The last day I was weak as a baby and my 90% grippers felt like 1RM. This was due to three days of hanging out with in-laws and drinking and smoking cigars like madmen. So I got what I had coming to me.

I had a great time trying out Blobzilla at Russ’s. I was able to lift Blobzilla no problem*

I also got to try a real RT and was way off what I can do with my home made steel RT. I’m sure If I was with it I could have closed the gap but by how much??I don’t know.

I was weak and pathetic on that Saturday because at the time I had abused myself with two days of liver abuse. I will take a long break form beer. I must add that I got to try a great stout by Squatters and I found some Stone Vertical Epic 11.11.11. Very good stuff!

* with 50pounds on the dead loader

You should take your break from beer with wine. I drinking some nice fortissimo right now. 14 percent so its like drinking 3 beers :)

You should take your break from beer with wine. I drinking some nice fortissimo right now. 14 percent so its like drinking 3 beers :)

I like wine as well. My favorite is Il Bastardo. It tastes great and I like the funny fat & drunk guy on the bottle.

I had a great time trying out Blobzilla at Russ’s. I was able to lift Blobzilla no problem*

:shuriken:

:shuriken:

I see you read the fine print

Today I just did some pony clamp thumb reps while my kids did karate. Tomorrow will be week two of STP. Cant wait really. Ima smash the grippers.

Today I did day one week two of STP. I closed the handles explosively but I need to make bigger explosions.

Before grip I did wrist curls and general warm-up stuff. I do 200# squats before sets to pump up.

At the end I did heavy DB curls but I didn’t fully suponate on the way down due to it bugging my wrists. Used the gyms crappy wrist roller and also did triceps with the rope and rolled my wrists while doing it.

Today I did Lats at the gym. I love doing lats. I also bent a #2 ultra lite. I did well. Still stuck on the Polo for some reason.

I have been trying different caffeine powders. I like Jack3d but it is kind of a rip when you have to take 3 scoops. I think the C4 is even better. I also tried 1.M.R. , you only take one scoop of it but is not as good as the 2 scoops of C4. I think I like C4 the best.

Any recommendations on favorite sups?

Today my grandma turned 94. I gave her a call today and she seems Ok but she is getting dementia and its hard to keep a conversation with her. My granddad is 94 to and he is still with it.

Tomorrow my daughter Sarah turns 5. I have an assload or relatives coming to stay at my house for her birthday. My main concern is to not drink too much so I do well with my last workout of week 2 of STP.

Today I killed my 50% gripper which is my Atomgripz 2band. I was as explosive as I could be. I actually hurt my jaw because I bite down too hard. I have to focus on breathing out hard instead.

Took too much caffeine before my workout. I took a scoop or 1MR and half of an energy shot. The 1 scoop of 1MR was not quite as good as the other pre workout sups so I decided to supplement it. FN huge mistake. At first I thought I was going scream and jump out of my skin then in like 15 minutes I was wired and yawning tired, a very strange combo. After my gym visit I felt like I needed to sleep real bad.

I have decided to push my STP schedule forward one day. SO tomorrow will be my last day of week 2 instead of today. The reason is it will just fit better with my life’s schedule.

It will be Thursday Saturday and Monday from now on.

Today was the last day of week 2 of STP. Did my 3 singles with the 90% grippers. 1st two I forgot to add the 3 second over crush. I remembered by the third. My second close was my best by far. hammered the rep fast.

Then I did the 3 triples with the 70% grippers with really great speed.

I was squatting in between grippers and did five reps per session up to 285.

I also did some wrist curls to warm up before grippers. After grippers I did the wrist roller a bunch .

Very strong work Rich! I did the first (speed day) workout this afternoon and was reminded of just how slow my explosion is. Even on a gripper that's only 75% of my current (tweaked forearm max is 174lb Elite at the Fall Grip Decathlon) 1RM righty. Lefty was able to move much faster than my right hand. It will be interesting to see how much increasing my speed on submaximal grippers translates to a bigger gripper close. It sure can't hurt!

Very strong work Rich! I did the first (speed day) workout this afternoon and was reminded of just how slow my explosion is. Even on a gripper that's only 75% of my current (tweaked forearm max is 174lb Elite at the Fall Grip Decathlon) 1RM righty. Lefty was able to move much faster than my right hand. It will be interesting to see how much increasing my speed on submaximal grippers translates to a bigger gripper close. It sure can't hurt!

"reminded of just how slow my explosion is"

That is funny. I fell the same way after watching Tim’s video of explosive closes. His are like firecrackers and my closes are like those snakeies (the black disks that just slowly burn and grow longer)

Still following STP nothing new or exciting with my workouts.

Just got back up from Phoenix. I stopped by Prescott AZ on the way and hit my favorite antique stores. I snagged two new looking Gold’s Gym 45# plates for $16 each. They had one ten pounder but wanted $11 for it so I didn’t get that.

I also found one 10# shot-put for something, I’ll figure out what I’m going to do with it later.

One thing that I have been eying for a while is a metal Fishing net buoy from Norway (at the shop). It is cast metal aluminum and is about 8” diameter. I am planning on filling it with lead just for the fun of it. I don’t think it will be easy to lift. I happen to have a lot of lead between my ears I can use. I kid; I have a lot of lead around because of reloading and casting lead bullets. Here is a photo of the strange thing

gallery_19587_1292_56153.jpg

Cool objects. I'm interested in seeing what you do with them.

I've been on the hunt for a 60# globe db or at least a 30# steel ball the same size. I tried looking for cannonballs that size but no luck. Maybe keep your eyes peeled for me since you visit those fun shops.

Ill keep my eyes peeled for something 30#ish and roundish. Old ball and chains may be in that size.

What you need is something steel around 6" in diameter.

I looked at eBay and they had some replicas but they were light.

I just figured the weight of that buoy filled with lead will be 107#. Boy that will be stupid heavy. I don’t know what Ill do with it. It is ok if it is useless because I can always heat up the lead and get it back out for another project.

Aaron was going to look into getting 6" steel mill balls from a mining company. He doesn’t go around the place much but he may be able to get some – some day in the future. I was thinking of making some globe dumbbell with them for fun.

Any way if you found a way to buy mill balls (AKA grinding balls) that would be cool. I researched it but the companies that sell the steel balls deal in the 100 ton range. That’s just too much balls. :excl:

If you found 7 to 8” mill balls you could make an inch dumbbell which I have been looking to do.

Cool beans. I'll keep an eye out for that stuff. I dig training equipment that has a history.