Richaz Training Log

macaz

I snagged some of my nephew's butt paste. haven't tried it out yet though.

something that I've found helps recovery in addition to all the stuff you're already doing is getting my arms sticked by my wife. even just using the stick myself makes a difference but, when someone else does it it's a whole different game.

I snagged some of my nephew's butt paste. haven't tried it out yet though.

something that I've found helps recovery in addition to all the stuff you're already doing is getting my arms sticked by my wife. even just using the stick myself makes a difference but, when someone else does it it's a whole different game.

I dont know what you mean by "getting my arms sticked. Like how. pins"?

Rich, When I was doing KTA I would sometimes do my sets in the car on my long commute home from work. It was about a 45 minute commute each way most days. I had to stop that though. I had a brown out on a heavy neg while driving. Luckily I came back around before I got in an accident. So my recommendation would be to really focus on the breathing and make sure you are in a location where you wont get hurt if you do topple over.

- Aaron

That is a crazy story Aaron. Lucky you didn’t get hurt. I will focus on breathing and crushing.

I have always found the term brownout funny because of immaturity problems. Nearly passed out is the term I have to use to keep from snickering like Bevis.

Today was day one of week 2 phase 2. This was the first day that I felt like I am making gains. I warmed up and smashed my #3 with ease. I just had to try my goal MM1 and I was the closest yet @ 2-3mm. I was strong throughout the KTA except I crapped out at the end. I'm in a fairly optimistic mood because I think I just may reach my goal!

Awesome Rich. That MM1 is going down soon.

Woooh some of those sticks are expensive. DO you use one of them?

That foot one looked like it would maybe work for the forearms and hands. I actually have been using a big super ball and pressing and rolling on my desk on my forearms and wrists mostly. I am holding up surprisingly well during KTA (I probably just jinxed myself!)

I found a nice little spine ball that I was using to roll out on my arms but I cant find it... thank you for reminding me to look for it! lol

Well today’s gripper workout sucked :shutup:

I have this huge callus on my right palm that has been growing thicker and deeper for a while during KTA. Today it kind of looks like it wants to form a deep blister or something. It kills when I close grippers so I was putting the gripper further towards my thumb. Anyhow I don’t have the same power there so my OC and especially my strap holds sucked. I hope it heals soon so I can get back to doing the closes properly.

Might have to slowly shave the callus down, just a tad every day or so until it isn't such a bother. I've completely shaved calluses down flat before but it normally takes a week to not be so soft. But then it hardened back up and was much smaller than it once was, man did it feel better. Maybe just taking a tad off little by little you can get it to where it feels better. I had that palm callus and I ignored it until it started to tear. That's happened with thumb calluses from blobing (man that took a big chunk out), climbing calluses (always brutal), and many others. Now I pick at them or use a bastard file to keep them from getting too big, and if they do I shave them back down to start over.

Edited by daniel reinard

I do have one. I use it a good bit on different stuff. it's nice to help get warmed up for stuff if you had a long car ride to get there. I also use a golf bal on my hands and forearms. I like sitting on the floor and rolling the ball between my hand and the floor. for arms I put the ball on my coffee table, while still sitting on the floor. I also use a lax ball against the wall.

Woooh some of those sticks are expensive. DO you use one of them?

That foot one looked like it would maybe work for the forearms and hands. I actually have been using a big super ball and pressing and rolling on my desk on my forearms and wrists mostly. I am holding up surprisingly well during KTA (I probably just jinxed myself!)

I shaved my callus down a bit and my workout was much better today.

photobucket-19719-1327609423843.jpg

$30 Sports Authority

I have a homemade roller, received it at Nationals last year. It does the trick when certain muscles are tough to loosen up and get circulation to sore muscles.

I aborted KTA yesterday. Not because of injury but I received the HOSS2.5 in the mail and want to get a good close on it. Normally I would not sweat a 2.5 but I really don’t know were my hands are at. They are worn down for sure but two days of rest may help. I really hate to stop a program on the last week but I put in for this HOSS2.5 a long time ago and wont miss an opportunity to cert. After the HOSS Ill try my MM1 and see how that is too.

I think the following week will be back to Jed’s program as I really liked that one and made good gains for a while on it.

The HOSS cert went well. I am not up to par as it gave me more fight than I expected. Cant wait to get back into training all around. Blobs bending, still too cold for the outdoor axle. The RT will have to do. My hands are super weak at blobs after the time off. Oh well.

I have been getting in some good workouts with grip, RT and blobs. Def not as strong as I was during WSH. I’m just doing what ever I feel like doing. Im tired of following a strict protocol.

Also made this gripper display for the animal hunter grippers. I wanted it to look rustic. Found some old rusty diamond plate and has some brass screws around. I just put some oven cleaner on the screws because I don’t like them so shiny. Oven cleaner has NaOH in it so it should oxidize and darken but it may be too strong and get cleaner. Ill see.

gallery_19587_1292_46524.jpg

Looks great. I was hoping you were going to pick up the set. I'm looking forward to hear your ratings on them.

Thanks Chez.

Just updating the results of using oven cleaner on the brass screws. It works great. They now have a dark tarnish and some turquoise color. I really like the turquoise color but it flakes off kind of easy. Tonight I added some bleach to the mix to see how that oxidizes it.

I have the Chimpanzee and the Orangutan grippers on order. The rest will be out next month. The Manus guy is a great guy to deal with BTW. I ordered off the wrong web site and was charged $14 shipping. He contacted me that the shipping for two is $12 and asked if it was OK if he sent their credit card thing they sell to make up for the $2. It was fine with me.

I have finished the display for the Animal Hunter grippers. I like the way the brass turned out.

I have been working out with more volume with block sets and my forearms are very sore in a good way. The RT has helped me get even sorer.

gallery_19587_1292_112594.jpg

I was thinking of putting a few bullet holes in the display for the Animal Hunter grippers. I think it would be good for the Hunter theme. Is that too much or just right?

I was thinking of putting a few bullet holes in the display for the Animal Hunter grippers. I think it would be good for the Hunter theme. Is that too much or just right?

That would be badazz!!

I think that is just awesome.