Richaz Training Log

macaz

Phase 6 is going well. Day 4 today and I was getting good reps all the way through. The first time I did RRBT this phase was absolute murder on me. I am going to do the advansed phases 9 and 10 before the peaking phases 7 & 8 this time arround.

Off topic now... I took this photo two hours ago (in Flagstaff)gallery_19587_1236_27257.jpg

Awesome picture. We saw a partial eclipse down here (the sunlight had dimmed quite a bit), but it wasn't anywhere near as dramatic as that. Thanks for posting. The kids enjoyed it much better than my feeble attempts to show them with the image projected from the telescope onto a sheet of paper.

Thanks Kevin!

Today I gave my GHP7 a try & got it! Phew. It has been a long time without and strength gains.

TOmrrow is the start of phase 6 RRBT.

Excellent Rich! Congrats on closing your GHP7 man. :zorro:

Great job on the GHP 7!!!

Edited by bwwm
  • Like 1

Sweet pic man.

We did the ghetto 4 pairs of sunglasses so we could look right at it. Worked well, eyesight also in tact.

• Like 1

I think northcal had a great view. 4 pair of sun glasses huh. If your eyes start to itch then u got too much uv. You would know by now. I looked at a uv light too much when I was a kid and that night my eyes itched like a sunburn. I was ok . My parents gave me a uvc black light and told me to not look directly at the light. I was 6 ... great parenting.

I think northcal had a great view. 4 pair of sun glasses huh. If your eyes start to itch then u got too much uv. You would know by now. I looked at a uv light too much when I was a kid and that night my eyes itched like a sunburn. I was ok . My parents gave me a uvc black light and told me to not look directly at the light. I was 6 ... great parenting.

Today was day 7 RRBT of phase 6. I tried out my ghp7 and was quite a bit off from a close.

I looked back at my 1st round of RRBT and I had a strength peak at the mid to end of phase 5 and regressed a bunch during phase 6. Interesting I am doing the same thing on my second round of RRBT.

Today was day 7 RRBT of phase 6. I tried out my ghp7 and was quite a bit off from a close.

I looked back at my 1st round of RRBT and I had a strength peak at the mid to end of phase 5 and regressed a bunch during phase 6. Interesting I am doing the same thing on my second round of RRBT.

This was the same sequence of events for me when I did RRBT.

That's interesting. I don't recall how I was doing at those two points, but I'd wager that it has somethingto do with how the program is set up and the timing of supercompensation...

The even phases wear me down more than the odd phases. Also I allways seem to regress after a PR.

Finished the first day of phase 9 today. 200 reps with a 114# gripper. Man it was a long day. Did the 200 in sets of 5. :flame

I am thinking about using the principals of BlobKTA on the inch. I want to lift the inch more than the blob right now. I have a RT and inch trainer and an inch. I think that’s all I need as of now. Il start in a month after phase 9, 10 then 7 & 8 (peaking phases)

So 114# is around a coc #2 right? Dang that is a lot of reps. Your skin must be beat up. Are all the phases high volume or does the program call for low rep days here and there.

Yep it is like a #2. There is lower reps involved on the even phases but it is with a harder gripper a 120 gripper now filed so I don’t know what it is... prob an easy 2.5 ish.

my skin is callused but not too beat up because I use band aids on my little fingers. My right palm has finally adapted to its ritual mutilation.

Phase 9 is moving along nicely. I am used to the 200 reps and had to file down my 114# black RB. I didn’t want to because it is kind of nice looking with the black paint but it had to be done.

I’m still doing all 5s because I can get them all solid.

Looking forward to the two peaking phases at the end. I hope I can be consistent with my GHP7.

Hands feel like concreat.

Now my hands are looking like concrete.

I finished the last working day of phase 9. Two days of rest to follow. Praise the Lord.

Started phase 10 RRBT nothing too exciting to report.

I did get my Manus grips in today. They shipped from south korea in one week! I cant wait to use them at the gym.

My solar filter is visiting many towns in Oregon and has been roaming back and forth across the country for three weeks.

I decided to be like Daniel and Make a Ghetto Fab solar filter. I got good results

gallery_19587_1236_43460.jpg

Unfortunately my left ring is showing signs of injury. Not bad yet but it hurts when I am not gripping and just doing normal stuff so I know it is a real problem. Ill just do the two peaking phases for my right and skip the rest of phase 10. I will rest my left during the peaking phase doing just light active recovery.

I’m not too bummed about the change in plans because I am anxious to start focusing on the inch.

Haha, nice image man. Sucks your filter is everywhere but in your hands.

Heal up bro. Good catch early on. Now go peak with the right hand. Erm, yeah that sounds weird. Meh, that's gripster talk for ya.

• Like 1

Well I’m trying to peak with my right hand but my goal is just too big.

Seriously I got it a while ago and I am as far off as when I started, maybe more!

Kind of expected this. I didn’t peak until a month passed last time.

My left is feeling great and Ill start that back up with the peak phase in a few more days to be safe. I think I’m getting good at spotting potential problems and ignoring the normal achs and pains.

Now go peak with the right hand. Erm, yeah that sounds weird. Meh, that's gripster talk for ya.

Oh yeah. What do you think of the pot of handcream on my nightcloset :sick: 'It's to keep my hands smooth and without calluses'

Yeah right :grin:

Edited by Geralt

Yesterday I did a full back workout with my Manus grips. Felt good. I could not quite get all my normal reps and #s because my grip was failing which is good.

Well today I feel it. My forearms are roasted.

I did another peaking phase for my end of RRBT and I was expecting to be like over and inch off from my goal but I still got it really close. I still need to recover.

Understanding Women is now available on paperback

gallery_19587_1236_60808.jpg

• Like 2

^ stolen, quoted and facebooked

You didn't steel it from me because I stole it first. You just re stole it... Any how I was too lazy to read that huge book.

Built a wider inch trainer today. The FBBC trainer is a bit short to add a lot of weight and add a spin collar. The spin collars are great to make the rig solid like the true inch.

My goal is to get some movement on the inch. I want to focus much more on thick bar stuff with the inch being the ultimate goal>

gallery_19587_1236_50406.jpg

• Like 1