Richaz Training Log

macaz

Well I have been posting my progress on the KTA section. I think Ill just post here since it is my real log. Also not everyone has access to the KTA section and it was kinda of a ghost town.

Today will be day 3 of phase 1, week2

The first two days of week 2 were 5 total negs and OCs. I have to step that up a bunch if I am to meet my 60 to 80 total reps for week 2.

The high end goal for week 2 phase 1 is 80 reps total correct?? I asked this on the KTA section but have not gotten an answer so I’m back here.

8 more negatives and OCs down. Total now is 18 of each so Ill have to do 8, 7, 7 of each to meet my total goal of 80 singles this week.

I got a 115 and 120# rubberized hex dumbbell for 25cents a pound. I cant lift either one but i thought the price could not be passed up.

I opened one of the 115 hex blobs, I took the rubber off and they look good except the top part is filled with lead. Ill have to remove it in a fire and then bondo any holes and paint it over nice.

gallery_19587_1292_75118.jpg

gallery_19587_1292_107502.jpg

Today was my last working day of week 2 phase 1 of KTA. I did ok but I started the workout a little weaker than yesterday. Yesterday I was feeling really strong with the negatives and moved the Vulcan one notch up higher than I normally work out with.

I tried to close my GHP7 in the middle of my workout today and man was I of, like .5”! I suppose in the middle of KTA is not the best time to be testing my grip. I did manage to get my #3 to within a mm of closed so I’m not too far off of my peak strength. The GHP7 is just tougher. It is smooth as the silverback guy said but it ramps in weight sooner in the close.

Happy New Years to everyone! :sorcerer:

Started week 3, Phase 1 KTA. Hands are in good shape but my wrists have a non alarming soreness in new places that never really got hit before.

8 of both Negs and OCs done. Ill be shooting for 100 total for the week so 2 days of 8 and 4 days of 9 for both sets will work out.

Still feeling a bit weak with grippers. I hope I start to adapt well to KTA.

Really like that unclothed blob! That amount of singles is insane! What is your goal gripper at the end of the program?

Really like that unclothed blob! That amount of singles is insane! What is your goal gripper at the end of the program?

My go is to shut my MM1 and anything in the 150-160# range.

Yea that blob thing is interesting. I still want to take out the lead and make a nice bondo taper to the side.

KTA is starting to catch up with my wrists. I did 8 of both sets today and for the first time my right wrist was feeling sore at the bottom of the wrist. I recognize the feeling from the left which I had for a few months. It is not too bad and Ill continue with the program but it is time to set serious about the hot cold baths. I know I would not have made it through RRBT with out them. I really pray I make it through. The negs really add up.

Sounds like a brutal program Rich. I'm sure your hands will adapt and it will lead to new PRs. Keep pushing through.

• Like 1

Sounds like a brutal program Rich. I'm sure your hands will adapt and it will lead to new PRs. Keep pushing through.

Thanks Chez.

When I did tendon conditioning in the hands for climbing it was lots of ibuprofin BEFORE the workout and lots o ice post workout.

Rich you seem to have got your motivation back and doing good on the new cycle, God speed in closing your MM1!

KEEP UP THE ENTHUSIAM AND MOMENTUM WILL PROPEL YOU FURTHER UP THE LADDER!

• Like 1

My go is to shut my MM1 and anything in the 150-160# range.

Yea that blob thing is interesting. I still want to take out the lead and make a nice bondo taper to the side.

Good luck with the MM1! When I was gracious enough to lay my hands on that gripper, I was extremely impressed... miss that thing : \

Hope you get a chance to remove the lead... nice loadable blob you will have there! Wider than a standard blob or fat man blob??

Im not sure yet if it is wider than a fatman yet. The shape is different which makes a big difference. Ill mess with it and try to give it some shape. It is heavier for sure!

@ Daniel thanks for the advice. I tried it today and had a much better experience in my KTA. Ill tell you programs like KTA would not be possible to complete for me with out some experienced advice. Thanks!

Today complete 9 sets of each.

Rich you seem to have got your motivation back and doing good on the new cycle, God speed in closing your MM1!

KEEP UP THE ENTHUSIAM AND MOMENTUM WILL PROPEL YOU FURTHER UP THE LADDER!

Thanks

I have finished week 3 phase 1 KTA. Finished stronger but sorer than I started. The negatives didn’t feel as hard and I even bumped up a notch on the Vulcan.

I am looking forward to the back down week next. I have been taking Advil, using hand baths, dexterity balls and bands. This program requires all of that IMO.

I have finished week 3 phase 1 KTA. Finished stronger but sorer than I started. The negatives didn’t feel as hard and I even bumped up a notch on the Vulcan.

I am looking forward to the back down week next. I have been taking Advil, using hand baths, dexterity balls and bands. This program requires all of that IMO.

Agreed... recovery is just as important as the workouts! The company "Badger" makes an all organic, real good hand wax that I use... put it on before bed and helps with repair. I highly recommend it.

Agreed... recovery is just as important as the workouts! The company "Badger" makes an all organic, real good hand wax that I use... put it on before bed and helps with repair. I highly recommend it.

Do you keep that stuff on your nightcloset and if so, how do you explain it beeing there to your buddies. 'Yeah it's because of my griptraining'. Yeah sure , :grin:

Actually, I also use a lot of that sort of stuff and it definitely works, handhealth is just a important, otherwise my hands would be a pair of lifeless claws with calluses,

no turn on for the lady me thinks.

Do you keep that stuff on your nightcloset and if so, how do you explain it beeing there to your buddies. 'Yeah it's because of my griptraining'. Yeah sure , :grin:

Actually, I also use a lot of that sort of stuff and it definitely works, handhealth is just a important, otherwise my hands would be a pair of lifeless claws with calluses,

no turn on for the lady me thinks.

Funny :laugh

Ill give that hand wax a try.

I live in a really dry climate. I my hands are a mess even without grip training. I have been using Booudreaux's Butt Paste. Yes I know how weird that sounds. It has Zinc in it which accelerates healing and protects the skin. Hospitals even use zinc based creams on fire burn patients.

Any how If the Wax works well Ill use that. Having butt paste on hands is a bit embarrassing.

• Like 1

I have been using Booudreaux's Butt Paste. Yes I know how weird that sounds.

No it totaly makes sense hahaha :D

No..whatever works, it's just a name :laugh

I have been using Booudreaux's Butt Paste. Yes I know how weird that sounds.

No it totaly makes sense hahaha :D

No..whatever works, it's just a name :laugh

I makes sence because I am a butt head? or a baby?

Somethings I should keep to myself..... :blush

Today is my day off from KTA. AAHHH just me and my butt paste!

Seriously the stuff is the best on any damaged skin! I will speak no more about it.

Today was the start of week 4 Phase 1. I made three attempts on my goal the MM1 and was off by about 5mm each time with my right and once got almost 5mm left but it tapered off after the 1st with the left. I was kind of surprised at my left. Any way I hope I get it this week but 5mm is off a bunch. My MM1 is 160.?

When do most people start to respond to KTA??

Got within 4mm of closing my MM1. All the thumb work is starting to add up as my thumbs are sore today. I have been doing more than the program calls for on thumbs. I think Ill take tomorrow as one of my rest days.

Started phase 2 today. I moved to the torsion spring grippers with extended for neg crushes. I may alternate the negs with the TS with the extended Vulcan. Today was only 6 singles so it was not really tough.

Last week I was doing three attempts at my goal MM1 gripper. I was always 4 to 5mm off sometimes more.

Day two of phase 2. Hands are holding up well. Did a total of 10 singles but it is not as bad as the earlier phases because there is less negatives. I am still using the extended E and SE for the negs. I’m trying to crush it as hard as possible but I sometimes wonder if I am doing the crush hard as I really can. I defiantly forget to breath and feel like I will topple over.

I got a bunch of 2&7/8” solid balls from the ball guy on Ebay. They are great. I want to be able to move three around with one on the top like seen on utube. I think mine are way harder because they are bigger and steel. The utube guy just had glass balls.

It is very demanding on the fingers to do 3 and I think it will have tremendous benefit in overall hand health and strength.http://youtu.be/4Csf-Fjeg_w

Rich, When I was doing KTA I would sometimes do my sets in the car on my long commute home from work. It was about a 45 minute commute each way most days. I had to stop that though. I had a brown out on a heavy neg while driving. Luckily I came back around before I got in an accident. So my recommendation would be to really focus on the breathing and make sure you are in a location where you wont get hurt if you do topple over.

- Aaron