Richaz Training Log

macaz

0k gentalmen I gota fancy phone today and this is my 1st post with it. I tried to pm russ but the windxow didn't popup do I need an app for that?

Hmm, I have no problem doing PMs on my Droid3. Are you in Gripboard mobile or regular viewing?

Hmm, I have no problem doing PMs on my Droid3. Are you in Gripboard mobile or regular viewing?

I have no idea. I just loged in, nothing special. Every thing is tinny. How do you do GB mobile?

I have no idea. I just loged in, nothing special. Every thing is tinny. How do you do GB mobile?

it should default to mobile version automatically. If it doesn't scroll down on the main page to the bottom, should be a link there to use mobile version of the site.

Thanks Daniel

Today was my last working day of STP. My hands feel good but Ill see were I am on Wed.

My future plan is to do some Vulcan (the program Jed put on video with the Vulcan gripper) work until new years then Ill start KTA.

I've been in search of a gripper program to follow because at the moment I'm just picking them up here and there and doing what I can do. If I can ask, what is the outline of the Struse Gripper Program? Any other gripper programs I could check out besides KTA and RRBT (money is tight right now)?

Edit: I'm also curious about your RGC results and review of the Strongman grips. Did you get those yet?

Edited by Gift2k1

@Gift2k1 Tim’s program is listed under his MM7 thread. I can put it here if you can’t find it.

I had my best gains under RRBT but they were beginner gains too. I also had great gains with Jed Johnson’s “Paul Knight inspired training”. That is a program Jed sent out free with his Vulcan gripers. It is basically doing this (using an adjustable V2 gripper) move up levels with reps until you fail. Once you fail keep at that level until you fail three times in a row or get it and progress. If you progress after a fail then keep going until you fail three times at the level. Do this said program starting with singles then doubles and last triples. Do the singles to triples all in the same workout. You will feel a huge forearm pump. I worked this with choked grippers which are important because torsion spring grippers are way harder at the last bit of close.

Tim’s program is good for me in that I don’t loose any strength while on it. I don’t seem to gain much in my strength from his type of program yet. I may never gain with Tim’s type of program but it definitely sets me up for gains later with a higher intensity program. I believe this is because it allows recovery and growth of my very important tendons & ligaments etc. I don’t think doing heavy programs followed by heavy programs is good for the big picture of strength gain. This is my opinion for my self now. I do wonder about how one changes and his needs change as he gets way up in grip strength. A program like Tim’s may be the best for gains at the upper levels. Or maybe it just works well for Tim. I don’t know. I believe that when you are crushing around a #4 level you are really taxing your body’s potential and just going balls to the wall most of the time will probably cripple you. I watched Joe Kinney’s video and in the new interview part it seems he may have burnt his hands out bad from what he said.

Keep in mind that I started training January of 2011 so I am new so take my opinion with a grain of salt and look at what others are doing too.

Today I finished my MM0 shadow box display. I am thankful for Russ for the posting the idea. It is really awesome. I found a black framed box at Michaels with a flip up lid so people can try the #3 gripper I used. I hope to have 11 of the boxes by the time I retire from gripping. Yes MM0 to MM10. That is my plan. :chris:

Well Flagstaff got more that a foot of snow and it is not done snowing yet. :santa:

Today I finished my MM0 shadow box display. I am thankful for Russ for the posting the idea. It is really awesome. I found a black framed box at Michaels with a flip up lid so people can try the #3 gripper I used. I hope to have 11 of the boxes by the time I retire from gripping. Yes MM0 to MM10. That is my plan. :chris:

Well Flagstaff got more that a foot of snow and it is not done snowing yet. :santa:

Post a pic of your shadow box Rich. I used the one I found just to see if the idea would work but I might change it up a bit. I'm interesting to see what yours looks like.

• Like 1

I know this isn't too timely but,....

I have apull up bar in my basement. normal thickness. I have some pieces of 1" and 1.5" ID pvc pipe over it. taht way I have 3 pull up bars and the thicker 2 are revolving to some degree.

Post a pic of your shadow box Rich. I used the one I found just to see if the idea would work but I might change it up a bit. I'm interesting to see what yours looks like.

gallery_19587_1292_60493.jpg

I didn't know they did the .jpeg's for MM0. I never got one...I done got robbed!!

That's a sexy display btw ;)

That display is awesome. I went with a cheap traditional frame but now you got me thinking of an upgrade

That display is awesome. I went with a cheap traditional frame but now you got me thinking of an upgrade

Yes you need three of them. Do you have a replica of the MM1 & 2 to put in them? That is something to be very proud of. I hope I can get to your level by the end of next year.

Did you get a certificate of MM0. Sounds like Russ never got one.

On the shadow box I put two eye hooks at the top for stronger support on the wall. It gets a little hefty with the gripper and with a front window that lifts up I think it needs the support.

I didn't know they did the .jpeg's for MM0. I never got one...I done got robbed!!

That's a sexy display btw ;)

It's a .PDF :) Got mine printed out and it hangs at my work on the wall. Some found the MM logo a bit 'childish' apart from the certificate on its own :angry2:

I bitchslapped them and said 'no it's cool' :shuriken: It's the mark of the brotherhood, just like the brandmark on the arm in Spartacus :ph34r:

Edited by Geralt

I showed mine off at work too.

My boss ant I like the scene in a Christmas Story where the dad gets the leg lamp. A neighbor asks what it is and he says "Well its a major award".

This is my major award I told her... You would have to be there it to see my statement was actually was funny

Good story haha Hmm I bet she was so impressed you actually got a salary increase? :grin: I mean having a certified mash monster walking around in your company...

I didn't get a raise by the way. Shame. So it's just the honour :chris:

I have been a lazy piece of crap this week. I need someone to bitch slap me. Maybe like 20 times.

I will start KTA tomorrow. I got to get more active. I really cant workout in the garage because of the freezing temp in there. I have a few things in my study but have been neglecting them. :trout

Tryed out the Vulcan with the extended handle. It seems to be great for negatives. The only problem is the handle slips in the palm under the heavy load. I found this safety tape at O’rileys Auto. It has a nice texture and sticks to the handle well. I’m all set for tomorrow.

gallery_19587_1292_13921.jpg

Tryed out the Vulcan with the extended handle. It seems to be great for negatives. The only problem is the handle slips in the palm under the heavy load. I found this safety tape at O’rileys Auto. It has a nice texture and sticks to the handle well. I’m all set for tomorrow.

gallery_19587_1292_13921.jpg

vulcan with extended looks cool

Did my 1st day of KTA. Not too bad. The handle stuck well to my palm and I just held on for dear life while I let it out for 3 seconds. To help the handle stick I scuffed up the plastic textured grip tape with sandpaper to add a fine texture that takes chalk well. And man does it

Well I finished day two of KTA. Off to a good start. Not sore yet.

I went to my barber today and she noticed that my hair grew a lot longer than it usually does in the time. I noticed she was having more trouble with my hair to get it to get it in place. I have a felling it is because of the Animal Flex I have been taking. It’s for joints but I think it is like hair steroids too. Any one have any experience like this.

I have a felling it is because of the Animal Flex I have been taking. It’s for joints but I think it is like hair steroids too. Any one have any experience like this.

Yup, I noticed the same thing when first taking it, not so much now even if I go on or off the Flex for extended periods.

I have a felling it is because of the Animal Flex I have been taking. It’s for joints but I think it is like hair steroids too. Any one have any experience like this.

Yup, I noticed the same thing when first taking it, not so much now even if I go on or off the Flex for extended periods.

Just kinda strange to me. I hope my tendons are growing too.

I have finished my 1st week of KTA. Did the full 50 reps, 25 negs and 25 OCs. Bandaids became a must today. I am keeping a log under the KTA. I think I will be able to do the program without problem because I have been doing grippers for a year now and have been developing a base. We'll see!