Richaz Training Log

macaz

Finally I bent this 6” G8. It has denied me for 1 month. Now it is dead. :yikes

gallery_19587_1236_39264.jpg

Yesterday I did 8 doubles with a #2RH and #1.5LH Today Did some wrist curls both ways Did grip tops Hub max was like 32lb Knob thing was 30lb ish and half penny was 25ish I wrote it down but left the #s at Work. Took a hit on a new G8 today and got a good kink but stopped because the wrist exercise today made my right a tad sore and I don’t want to screw myself :flame

Killed two G8s today. Did it in a respectable amount of time. Tried a red but could not start it.

A poem..... Here I sit broken hearted tried a red but could not start it.

Thanks you guys. Today I had someone time me on the G8. Under 2 min including the 30 seconds it took me to un wind all the rubber bands to take off the wraps and use crush pads! I have to work on whipping off the wraps 30 seconds felt like a long time.

You are doing really well on the Grade 8s Rich I think your power is growing at a good clip!

Thanks Gator. I will start on some 7" stuff to get my shoulders into the 7" grove. I killed a 5/16 HRS @7" just a few minutes ago. It felt funny starting and took a few seconds to get into that wider crush groove. Bent easy after some flailing around getting into a good position. I did notice a small amount of strain on my left shoulder but nothing to worry about. I took a big hit on a red and felt a good crush down position but I dont have the strength today to start it. I have to take a few days off to get stronger then Ill go back to the 7" stuff and some 6" G8s. :mosher

Today was my main grip workout. I decided to up it a bunch. I will still do the 8 doubles on one day a week because i like the way the speed reps feel and it does not take my hands. On the other workout in the week I will follow a loose program like I did today but go as far as I feel as I can each day. I will still take a week off once a month but just do the 8 doubles.

Today:

RB240@143.1lb RHX2 came within 3mm, COC2.5@127 LHX2 3mm off

COC2.5 RH & filed COC#2 LH 8X1 held shut as an over crush 5+ sec each

SW with a 2.8X multiplying ratio: (50lb=140lb)

50lb held 22sec RH 16sec LH

55lb 23sec RH 11sec LH

62lb 22sec Rh ?sec LH

62lb ? ? for RH and LH focused too much on keeping it shut and didnt keep track of time

69lb 5sec RH 4sec LH

COC1.5 X1 RH LH

COC2 X1 R&L

COC2.5 X0 R&L

TT by Iron Mind

27.5lb X12

30 X5

32.5X3

Done :flame minimal skin missing. Forearms feel Swollen :rock

Grippers warm up T1x10, T2x9

T3 2 doubles speed

HG350@142.5 closed RH Was PR

RB240@143.1lb Closed RH Now PR

COC2.5@127 LH off 2mm

3doubbles w T3 speed

COC3@155 mised 1cm RH

coc2.5@127 LH miss by 1mm

4doubbles w T3

T4x 1doubble

grip tops

penny

25lb R+L

26.5 R Lfail

Hub

25.0 R+L

27.5 R+L

30.5 R Lfail then L 1inch

32.0 R

Grip tops Stub lift 25.0 27.7 26.5 27.7 29.0 31.5 33.0 34.5= left only

Bent 1 G8 bold from a new batch. Looks the same as the other triangles but feels a tad harder. Im gearing up for a red in a few days.

Today I did a little leveraging from side to side laying down as I saw on Jedds medley. Hard to do.

Also bent two 5/16 HRS at 7" to warm up then tried a red nail. For the first time I put a slight wobble on it. If put on a flat surface the center lifts off the table about 1-2mm. Maybe this Saturday! :mosher

No PRs but a good grip and bending day: Got an old olympic bar and chepo squat rack used to fire up my CNS at home.

T1x5 T2x10

Squat sq115x10 165x15

T3x5

sq185x10

coc3 @156 R x0

coc2.5@127 lx0

sq185x15

coc3x0

coc2.5x1??

rb250n L x1?

coc2.5 Lx1

sq205x10

RB240 @143.1 Rx1??

coc2.5Rx1x3 Filed down some for last 2 reps

coc2x1x3 filed a little more than it was

secret weapon 2.8Xmultiplyer

70lb R19sec L19sec

80lb R?sec Lsec?

85lb R?sec L?

Warmed up with 2 5/16 HRS @ 7" killed em quick.

Red Nail, I just felt beat and had no more power in me. didnt even feel a good crush. Red 1 Me 0 :flame

Finally bent the red nail. I took 6 days longer then the 2 weeks one usually bends the red after the G8. The red is just a bitch to kink.gallery_19587_1236_2596.jpg

Red Nail bend Success!!! bent in less than 2 minutes bent down to 1 3/4" Later I crushed it with pads to 1 1/2"

The wraps I used are FBBC leather

I'll try Ironmind wraps in a few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNqjN_Ytyco&feature=channel_video_title

On Saturday I did grip.

T1x10 T2x10 T3x3 T4x1

My left is really catching up..

coc3 Right within 0 = 1cm off

T5 Left 1rep

Filed 2.5 Left 0 = 2mm off right x1

filed 2.5 left 0

Hg350 @142 right x1

filed 2.5 left 0

RB240 right 0 = off by half a mm

T7 @173 right off by 2cm

hard 2.5 @140+ right x1 (may have a hair off) left 0 off 1cm

filed #2 R + L x1

filed 2.5 R+L x0 Fried!!!

Did wrist work today Front + Rev curls then curls with normal up and turn hand around (subpoenaed??) down also did triceps with both hand positions.

Did that wrist lever bar that I saw on the nationals medley. It is great both directions.

Bent a blue nail and then three 6" 5/16 HRS reverse style for the Diesel grip challenge. Boy was it tough to get a good video. 1st 5/16 vid I forget to show the length. Second 5/16th video you cant see the thickness and I think I forget to show that there is nothing in the wraps that I pre rolled prior to insert the rod.

Last video was Ok but Eileen my daughter was screwing around and distracting me but I think the video would count. I gave Jedd the link but not sure if he will like the video or if I submitted the video right. Here it is>>

My link

Kids you got to love them getting involved the best way they know how, Great bend especially after 2 before it! :mosher

Thanks Gator! My forearms are feeling the workout from yesterday. Nice and sore. I was thinking of trying a CRS reverse but may pass. I tried to tear a phonebook today and got a slight rip start but It just made my arms sorer. I tried to copy how Paul Knight and Adam Glass tore up books but still need to learn good technique. Maybe some other month.

My forearms are worthless and sore today. I tried some grip tops but sucked. I thought maybe my thumbs would have a little power but not so much. I'm Ok as its a good hurt, not an injury hurt. I was planning to try a 6" 5/16 CRS for Jedds challenge on Friday but that may be a bad idea. I don’t want and injury one week before the WSH

On Friday Crap grip exercise.

T1x10 T2x10

Did some speed doubles and some speed x7 closes

Made attempts with a filed #2.5 LH fail

made some attempts at rb240 RH fail.

I feel weak and sore and no I don’t expect any mercy or sympathy (Jedd). It is for sure from my recent bending feats. The reverse has cooked my left forearm bicep and left rhomboid and shoulder. My rhomboid had a spaz out that I finally got under control with a heating pad.

I have read around that in the short term bending can hamper your grippers. I think this is true. But in the long term (when I’m not a wuss) it will help me a bunch all over.

You'll bounce back for sure. I feel bending taxes the grippers more than vice-versa though so you might want to arrange your workouts with that in mind.

Thanks for the input. I will plan accordingly.

I will mostly do DO as it dose not really tax me too much. I want to do reverse maybe twice a month as it seems to be a great workout.

I have been doing that (short stick with a weight at the end) wrist exercise were you lay down and bring it side to side. That seems to be a great wrist exercise for an area that doesn’t get enough work. I think it will help 2HP because I find trying to bend the plates as you pinch helps to hold on to more weight.