Richaz Training Log

macaz

I did a bit of bending today because I was teaching a buddy at work how to bend. He may attend a WSH this august so I hope he can get up to a 60d.

I was able to kill a ¼ CRS Hex @6".

The 1/4 square killed me. Not a dent on that bastard. :cry

The 1/4 square is a big jump. You might try some 6"x1/4 G5 bolts to bridge the gap. Also you can start taping on some steel to your training bar. ie 6x1/4 hex + 6x1/8 round or 3/16 square, etc

Its a good method for progression that I used to get into the tougher 3/8 stuff.

- Aaron

Thanks for the advice. I will try G5.

I never thought of taping steel together. Ill have to get some skinny stock and try it out.

I hope to see you and Tim around at the Tucson WSH. I know you guys wont be competing but I hope you can make it.

I'm sure we will see you when you come down for this.

Today was day 2 of my grip training. I did six singles COC 2.5 RH COC 2 filed LH. All felt good. I only held the close for a second of two and ground the handles together a bit. Did not turn into negative holds because I did three sets of negatives on my SW. Feels like a good program.

I was able to put a kink in a 1/4square today. This is the first time that piece of steel has known that I exist.

Watching Aaron bend a 5/16square helped me because I could see some technique that I was not getting before.

I did the bend double overhand. That is for sure the style best because it does not stress the wrist much. Reverse was my strongest but it was murder on the wrists.

Did some titans telegraph today. Worked around 25 to 30 pounds. Did some 25lb hub lifts and tried to get up my 40 pound (1/2 80hex). My thumb is the weak link for the pinch type stuff so I will train it twice a week. Maybe one day more dynamic stuff then the other day more pinch type stuff (euro and axle etc)

I think I can do the thumb the day after my grip workouts. So it would be Saturday and Tuesday.

Keep up the good work you are on your way to reaching your goals with every day you train.

Day one of my grip training again 8 doubles with T3 focus on speed. I think this speed thing is a real winner for hand strength. It must be hitting the fast twitch muscles as well.

A guy at work who moonlights as a contractor took a shot at bending today. He is much stronger than I but has not learned any technique. I tried to show him DO but he didn’t like it. He bent a ¼ hex like butter just using wrist strength. If he practiced he could be a freak bender. He is a solid 6’2” and about 275lb.

Got my gold triple band Atom gripz in the mail today and was able to crush it out of the package!

Luckily GSS over packaged the gripper because the box looked like it went through a wood chipper at USPS. The gripper is fine.

Congrats to you on your out of the package CRUSH I love it when that happens :flame

The gold handles are PURDY!!! Congrats on closing it right outta the package!

Day two 6 reps #2.5 and #2 filed and three negs with SW. Was a tad off full strength due to doing multiple videos of COC#2.5 closes. Its tough to get a good video. I posted one up on UTUBE and emailed the link to Jedd. Maybe he will put me up on that COC#2.5 closer list. I don’t know if I did the video or sent it to him the right way.

Tomorrow I will do some 2HP and light titan telegraph

Today is a day off. So is tomorrow.

Yesterday I did back exercise at about half to 3/4 the weight I normally do. Normal lat pull downs start at 220 and end at 230 for about 12 and 10 reps. Then its hammer strength equipment with about 3 45s on each side for 12 & 8 reps followed by wide rows.

I cut the weight and did three sets instead of my normal two. I up the reps to over 15 each. I am very sore which I have not been in a long time. I have to mix it up more.

I did some piddling with the TT and 2HP. My thumbs are sore because they are not used to the work. They are behind my fingers because I did the RRBT without thumb workouts. :flame

I hope when I get my thumbs up to par that I can lift my bloob50. I have a hex 90 @45 # and could not get it up. I sprayed some grip rubber stuff on one half to help me and I can just get it with the grip stuff. The other side is clean so I can work up to it.

Day 1 of week 3 for grip training. Did 5 doubles in the morning and got distracted by some neighbors. I just restarted the 8 doubles around 4pm T3 focused on speed.

Closed my T6 today didn’t feel too hard so I think this program is helping me a lot.

Video of the close

My link

Way to Crush that T-6 brother, the program is really working well! :mosher

This guy could do without the black leotard but his hand dexterity is amazing. It would be cool to do this with some shot-put.

My link

Today I did my 6 reps with my 90% grippers. also did 2 negs with SW. My right felt way off in power today.

This forth week is a week off of grip for my program. Tomorrow I may mess around a bit with hard grippers and take the week off after that.

Happy 4th yaall

Did some bending today. Killed a 4" grade 2 bolt and a 5" grade 5 bolt. The 5" bolt was really tough and I had to figure out some new technique to get it all the way. I found that having one hand with the fingers open helps get it down further without having your fingers touching during the bend. It is like one hand normal D.O. and one half on the bolt. This got me to where I could finish it with a chest crush.

I was defeated by a 6” G8 today.

Your bending is building up a base and as your technique gets better the strength will be there to push the steel to your will!

gator i think you need to publish a book on motivational phrases they always get my ready... good stuff rich!

Thanks guys! I just finished some hard gripper closes and attempts. It is my week off but it is hard to not touch the hard grippers for that long. I got my T6 once and almost got my hard 2.5 after that. I think I may have had it if I did it first. It does seem to have a hard ending spike in tension. It is a freaky gripper. I'm sure Burns could only get 10 reps with it. Im close to getting my T5 and easy 2.5 with my left hand :happy

haha is the t6 close to the bbsm?

It is a BBGM Literally. just marked "T6 250" You can buy the T series from nutrition geeks. They are hand made by warren Tetting. They are no different from BB but I have noticed that the BB are a little better craftsmanship. I would guess that since warren is 80+ years of age he is not as steady. There is no problem with the T series just tiny cosmetic blemishes and Dremmal marks where he grinds off the pin.

so the bb arent hand made by warren? i actually ordered a heman from dennis rogers website... im telling you i found my self an addiction in these grippers

so the bb arent hand made by warren? i actually ordered a heman from dennis rogers website... im telling you i found my self an addiction in these grippers

I’m not sure if Warren makes all the Beef Builders or not. Maybe some but I can’t see Him still filling all the orders. The nutrition geeks web site clearly says "the T series is handmade by Warren Himself and not by some snot nosed kid". Ill ask the next time a Call him. I’m trying to get him to build me a custom gripper with a 5/8" spring.

I got one of the Beast retro Tetting grippers. I should have gotten the Heman you got instead.

Grippers are fun to collect. There are too many really. The Atomgrips are my favorite for there quality. The three band is spot on # 2.5 and the four band is a real hard #3. You will be there in a few months so go ahead and pick up a quad band. You will love it. The knurling is the best for sitting in your palm!

haha dont temp me rich ill pick up both on my next order !

I have made a home made Griptopz thingy to help me train for WSH. I used an actual old English penny (real old and worn down smooth) I also used a French 5 francs or whatever its called which is the size of a 50cent piece. The two coin tops were the hardest to make as my dremal wore out trying to grind a slot to braze in the coin. I ended up using a small milling bit in my drill press but it was slow.

For the stub I used a piece of 5/16 steel. Easy!

For the shallow hub I used a 2.4" OD pipe piece cut to about 1/2 and inch or a bit less.

The style of the thing I made is much like the actual griptopz.

I am so weak at these things it is embarrassing. I will write my feats down but most were like 20 pounds or so.

Dabbled in bending. Warm-up + 7" G2 and then killed a 5.5 inch G5 with AZ marked on top (must be made in AZ?)

D.O. is starting to feel a little natural to me. When I 1st started it felt very unnatural.

I have been training a guy at work to bend. He finally killed a 60d today and I was as stoked as him.