Richaz Training Log

macaz

Good thoughts. I occasionally do supination/deviation work but not enough.

Way to gut it out :rock

This is how I tear cards.

Thanks, that was a great video for instruction!

I did some very light bends with the IM white and green nails. My left shoulder has been easy to aggravate the last week or so. Probably the Red nails and I think for some reason when i did the wrist lever thing that really stressed the shoulder. The light bends felt good but a few minutes later it felt aggravated.

I am thinking two weeks off of bending and shoulder aggravating exercises. It usually feels better in a few hours after cold hop packs. Even my card tear aggravated it.

Advise please!!! :help

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Rich! I've dealt (no pun intended) with the same thing for about a month now. I quit all heavy lifting, grip, everything. I saw the doc and got anti inflammatories cuz my shoulder was all inflamed which caused the pain. I've also been doing the Defranco Shoulder Shocker routine twice a week as rehab and now it seems to be ready to go. I finally did some bench and deads the other day for the first time in a while with no shoulder pain. I recommend going to the doc and getting an xray or mri. If the scans come back clean ai's and light rehab work should hopefully work for ya.

Im ready to set four new WORLD records tomorrow. :rock

No world records were set by me yesterday. I did close the Vulcan at level 12 which I was told was around a #3 so that made me happy. I missed lever 13.

I sucked at 2HP which I am not usually bad at but I jumped to high too quickly and I couldn’t go all out because my left arm is wacked out still.

I think on August 1st is just over worked my forearms. It seems to get inflamed easy. I did a lot of stuff that day but my best guess is the side to side lever bar thing did me in. I’m not used to it at all and I was doing a near max a lot. Now it is easy to inflame my triceps biceps and forearm area all near my elbow. The strange thing is I also feel it in my shoulder usually at the same time all together. I did one heavy grip today with a Vulcan gripper and it set off my left arm. This kind of surprised me. Any one know gripping would set of the shoulder and around the elbow???? My plan is to take it easy for two weeks and ease back up.

Today I started to season my 2HP. I used a mix of water vinegar and bleach. It really smells bad as it makes chlorine gas. If any one wants to do this do it outside. I got tired of my slick new plates.

I have been using them for months but they will not season because I live in the driest city in the USA, Flagstaff, AZ (seriously it is the driest city). Because of the lack of humidity our night and day temp swings are crazy, like 40+ degrees!

Any way the mix made a quick layer of rust on the plates so it should take some chalk now.

Arms are recovering. Seasoned my 2HP I think very well. Not quite as textured as some old well seasoned ones but it is a mile better than it was.

gallery_19587_1236_110830.jpg

My left arm is felling a bit better today. I did a V2 workout L3x10, L6x10, L6x10, L12x5 left and right.

Piddled with seasoned 2HP got up 125 a bunch and 145 almost 2 times. Failed at 155.

ripped a phone book for Jedd's challenge and got a 695 pager torn. I tried a 1200pager and got a good start on all the soft pages but it had 125 pages of a fancy paper that hung me up. I think I could do a bigger one if I had a soft paper phone book but flagstaff is very limited in size.

Paul Knights grip and rip video helped me a lot. I did struggle to set up the book like he showed but once I got it wasn't too bad at all.

Great work Rich! Both at the contest and in general with your training man. Love the look of the new 2HP setup too.

This is my second Ultra Light #2 horseshoe. Its not too hard but it is murder on my legs. I have to toughen them up. Bent a few yellow nails today to get back into bending. Feel OK but can tell I have to slowly ramp up over the next month.

http://youtu.be/byv49MsnCVw

Put the shoe up high on the thigh all the way to right before it meets the hip. It will take time to toughen up on the side and tops of the legs and then a UL2 will cause no bruising or pain for you.

Thanks I will try the horseshoes on Friday of Saturday.

Today I tried a red nail but only bowed it. I got a G8 but just barely. I have lost a bit of strength since I took about a month off. But my shoulder feels good so I’m happy.

I just made a ton of BBQ ribs…MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMH

I tried a 000 st croix but it didnt budge . I have a bunch of horseshoes of different sizes and styles but none are on the list Jedd put up. Ill try a lite #2 and 3 and see if it counts for something.

Vulcan 2 All with 20mm block sets

L6 X10 R&L

L6 X 25 R&L

L9 X18R X16L

L12 X5R X1L

2HP

125X3

130X3

135X3

140X3

145X3

150X3

155X2

:grin: Today was grippers

Did normal grippers not the V2.

Didn’t keep good track because I have a cold and the workout was off as was I.

Tried to do triples with speed working up the T series until I did one rep with the T6 right only. I tried my #3 but was off from my norm.

Worked on a 5/8 36” HRS bar for the 1st time and got it quick to 90 degrees on the knee but couldn’t muster the core strength to keep it going. I have to work on the mid part where you have it looking like you have an uncomfortable piece of metal up your butt and are trying to bend it over. Whatever that move is called. Seems like a great stomach and oblique exercise. I need that.

I doubt Ill have any trouble with the crush down.

Im sure Ill be killing the HRS when I get over this cold. I don’t feel too bad but I just haven’t been feeling near 100 percent this last few days.. Kids are back to school so the germ machine is turned back on :sick::excl::sick::excl:

:sick:

I've been feeling like crap the last several days too Rich. Good job pushing through and still getting the T6.

No comment on the metal in the butt thing...

I've been feeling like crap the last several days too Rich. Good job pushing through and still getting the T6.

No comment on the metal in the butt thing...

I was just describing the way it looks Russ. I’m not actually inserting the metal bar! I just don’t know what that part of the bend is called. It is the funniest looking technique by a mile.

gallery_19587_1292_47220.jpg

Done. Was not as easy as I thought it would be excpt for the start of it.

Worked on making chocked grippers. Both styles (handle with hose clamp and a S hook on the spring) Read an article by Temu about chockers and how to make and use them. He seemed to emphasize explosive closes. I did a few with a #3 and a RB240N. Felt good. I was surprised at the blister on my palm because I didn’t do a lot of reps. Maybe 6 at most.

I will mess around with my normal grip activities and throw in the choker work on a separate day for a while.

After the 3rd WSH I would like to start KTA. I don’t think Ill ever get my #3 unless I step it up a lot. My hands are complacent now it seams.

With BIGDESE stuck at home from a tropical storm and the hurricane that hit the east cost I started to think "am I prepared for disaster". I made up a kit that I think we all should have at the ready. The essentials: Warm up gripper, workout gripper, goal gripper and add in all the crap that comes in a 1st aide kit too.

gallery_19587_1292_126373.jpg