NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

I'm in Fall River, MA.

Also, clue a newb in. What's an MM set? I know TNS and CCS, but all my searches come up fruitless for a definition.

Colin,

I am in MA also. Send me a PM if you ever are interested in training or setting something up in the area.

Frank,

Thanks for the offer. Training will be on hold for about a month as I have a minor surgery next week (hernia). But when all that gets sorted out I'll PM you.

Newb question: does oiling your gripper make it easier? I would think not. My choked 2.5 had been creepy so I used some lubricant from my dad's garage. I've been training on the choked 2.5 for about a week and making solid progress. I was surprised to find myself getting it closed today! Lube can't make it that much easier can it?

For what it's worth, my lower grippers were also lubed long ago to clear up some squeaks.

Hello Gripboard!

I'm 38, located in Huntington Beach, CA. 6-2, 215, new to grip training. I played sports in high-school & college (threw shot & discus, volleyball) but took almost 20 years off of weight training. I've stayed in decent shape aerobically, but just started seriously lifting in May 2010. I'm doing powerlifting-style programming (Wendler's 5/3/1) 4 days a week and seeing great results. I just added grip training to my regimen. Right now I'm doing the basic beginner's workout from the FAQ 3 days a week (plate pinch, barbell finger curls, wrist curs, rev. wrist curls). I'd like to close some grippers & maybe do some bending, but I'm trying to get a few months of basic grip strength building under my belt first. I also train Brazilian Jiu-jitsu 3-4 days a week, and can close a CoC #1 & plate pinch 4x10s. So lots of room for improvement...

I am 35 yrs old and live in Illinois. I started training grippers last month. I have been strength training for many years now, and this is a great new addition for me. I have been focusing on a few hard singles twice a week. Last night I closed the Ironmind #2 for the first time. I look forward to learning more and improving my grip. By the way, I had a few questions for the grippersuperstore.com, and Wade e-mailed me back moments later each time. Great service.

I'm 30 years old, live in Kentucky. Mostly worked out with kettlebells the last couple years but have recently gotten interested in grip training. Browsed the site occasionally but frequent it now. I can close the CoC 1.5 with the right hand, not quite with the left. Plan on soaking up alot of info from this site, looks like there is plenty to be had. Looking forward to some progress.

Edited by matterny4

I'm Eric. I'm 16 and from the united states. I'm a beginner but I'm really interested in grip strength.

Welcome !

Hi, My name is Rich I'm 37and I live in Arizona. I got introduced to grippers in November 2010 when a guy at work bought a Gorilla grip 350 and 250. I had never seen a heavy grip before and got some of my own. I looked around on the web and found out the RRBT and got onto this site. I started the program about two weeks ago and am doing well so far!

Hello, im 23 year old, been training at the gym for 2year now, and just recently (3months) started training with grippers, I can close a CoC1 , still struggling for the CoC2 , thats a huge improvement for me though.. the first day with gripper I was struggling with an RB70 (yes, im very weak with my hands, naturally). I'd like to add that these gripper helps me soooo much in my regular training, especially for my biceps and deadlift, I've acquired some serious gains for building up my bicep with the help of grippers. cant wait to start training with a wrist roller see if it'll enhance my regular training even more!

this is a great board with much much infos! love it

~~2Thumbs up for Wade from GripperSuperstore, fast shipping and great service~~ :mosher

thanks

Hi. My name is Sergey. I'm 18. I live in Russia. I've been training grip for 7 months. When I started I could not close CoC 1. One week ago I closed my CoC 3 from a parallel set with a right hand and BB GM with a left hand. And now I want to make certification on MM0.

Hi Everyone,

I'm 28, from Newcastle, UK - new to hand and grip training, just started this in January, admittedly I could only close the CoC Guide fully but I'm making good progress - I'm also keeping a blog of my progress each month, hopefully some of my findings, resources and methods may help others who are just starting out.

See you all later

Edited by Sir Gripalot

Oops I guess I shoulda done this already, my bad!

Ross Love, 26yrs old from Friendswood Texas (Southeast Houston)... Been competing off and on in Strongman for about 3 years. Due to injury ive probably spent more time healing than training. Recently found Grip Competitions and had a blast doing my first one with Paul Knight in Fort Worth. Really looking forward to exploring more of this. Looking forward to learning as much as I can!

glad you joined the Gripboard Ross ... Its going to be fun watching you as you are already so strong. Hope you set many PRs!

Hi, my name is Calv, nice to meet you all.

Just got back into nail bending, not entirely sure why, partly because my kids think it's cool lol, and partly because it does seem to have a positive effect on my strength (am getting back into shape at the ripe old age of 38).

Have always used weights off and on, have to be carefull though as i have a slipped spine. Am getting on well with my new kettlebells though.

Looking forward to chatting to like minded people, i'm pretty new to the nail bending although i did give it a go a few years ago. I'm just starting off with the basic 6in nails, can do those ok so was looking to learn about the next progressions. Just got some seude/leather wraps which help a lot. I'm sure there will be plenty about it on here though so i'll go for a wander round the boards.

Nice to meet you all,

Calv.

Hi everyone.

My name is Manfred Schwister. I´m from germany and 41 years old. I mainly did bodybuilding for the last 22 or so years.

since the beginning of november last year I concentrate mainly on the big lifts because I was not very happy with the loads I could manage to lift until then.

I started to make quite good progresses until I started with the grip work. :(

Maybe I must say, that originally I started grip work because I wanted a better grip for the chin ups and for deadlifting.

As always when I start something new, I guess I did too much. I could close the coc#1 gripper directly for about 10 reps and two weeks later I ordered the coc#2. After about 3-4 weeks again I could close that one too. I trained about 3 times a week and I gues with all my other stuff, like deadlifting twice a week it was simply too much. I started to have overuse symptoms. But as gripperwork is adictive to me, I continued my training. Then I got an injury in my left arm about 3 weeks ago. When I was deadlifting I heared (and felt) a very loud noise in my left arm and the first thing I thought when I was still standing with the weight was: Wonderful, I broke my biceps tendon (is it called like that?). But when I looked down everything seemed alright despite for the pain.

OK, all this to say, that I still suffer from this pain and that for now I can´t do any grip work at all. The only things I still do now is squatting and deadlifting because (strange enough) although my left arm still hurts when I try chin ups for example, I don´t have any problems when I do lifting. Although that was the exercise that got me injured.

As soon as everything has healed I want to start the normal training routine again and also the grip work. But this time I guess I´ll do all a little bit more careful.

I would be very grateful for advices in this direction.

I thought about maybe starting with one gripper workout per week, with a very careful warming up program.

Yet I´m not sure if I could do it on a day where I do deadlifts also or if I´d better do it on another day, because this would mean also one day less to rest for the muscles.( deadlifts and squatts twice per week)

But I guess I´ll bring up these questions again when it is time and my armes have healed and I can start over again

greets

manfred

Nicholas Hendrick, 25, Garland, TX.

I began taking strength seriously a little more than a year ago. In this time, I feel as though I've lived and learned more than I had in all my years prior. I've gained a lot on many levels, but realize there's so much more.

Ended up here looking for more info on the Metroplex Mayhem contest. Little did I know that I'd stumbled upon a world class community that I plan on being a part of for the rest of my life.

The contest experience was phenomenal (Thank you Paul and every other individual who made it possible). I truly look forward to finding my niche on this board and in this life. And some better lifts at next year's contest!

Nicholas Hendrick, 25, Garland, TX.

I began taking strength seriously a little more than a year ago. In this time, I feel as though I've lived and learned more than I had in all my years prior. I've gained a lot on many levels, but realize there's so much more.

Ended up here looking for more info on the Metroplex Mayhem contest. Little did I know that I'd stumbled upon a world class community that I plan on being a part of for the rest of my life.

The contest experience was phenomenal (Thank you Paul and every other individual who made it possible). I truly look forward to finding my niche on this board and in this life. And some better lifts at next year's contest!

Welcome Nick !