NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hey guys, I'm Chris. Just getting started on grip training and found this site. Have messed around with CoC grippers for a little while but have started hitting them pretty regular now. I need to catch up the other aspects (pinch, support, wrists) I'm 38 yoa, 6' 238 lbs but only about 200 of that is useful weight. :) Glad I found this site!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name is alex, I just turned 18 and I live in canada. I'm 5'10" at 175. I've done some weightlifting in the past but never seriously. almost a year ago when I was looking for serious training info, by that I mean training for pure power (not inflatable beach muscles) on (ironically)bodybuilding.com, I discovered the Diesel Crew and soon after, the gripboard. As I looked at the articles on the DC website I noticed that in almost every one of them you could read about how important grip (and core) strenght is. so here I am on the gripboard, as new as a newbie can get!

Edited by gripped yet?

Hey guys my name is Jordan. Ive worked out my entire life but never focused on grip strength. I was watching some powerlifting vidoes on youtube and stumbled across some captains of crush videos. I did some research on them and promptly ordered the #1 which I should be recieving sometime this week. My goal is to eventually close the #3. Im a serious newb at all this grip stuff but want to learn so I joined this forum. Ill take all the helpful tips you got!

Some personal stats- im 26 yrs old, 6ft tall, 196 lbs. Used to be in very good condition but got married and let myself go lol. I am now currently getting back in the gym and back to training again.

Any tips on how I should start training my grip? What excercises, reps, how often. All will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hi all,

The name is Roelof and I live in The Netherlands.

I love griptraining, hope to learn something here, and perhaps share info.

Welkom. You'll find all the grip information you're looking for right here. This is the top forum on the internet for grip info.

Edited by MVillani1985

Quick introduction- I'm 36 year old gal looking to improve my grip. I started training a couple/few days ago. I'm able to easily close a C.O.C. trainer (no set) and I also closed a #1 C.O.C. just today (with a slight set). I'm here to read up on tips and learn from the best of the best. My goal is to close a #2, possibly a #2.5 and also work with other grip areas (pinch, RT, etc). Thanks!

Welcome, hope you meet your goals. Also, don't be afraid to shoot for the #3, who knows, you might be the first female Captain of Crush.

Hi, my name is Joe. I have been strength training for almost a year. I have Coc #1,1.5, 2, 8lb sledge, and a homemade wrist roller. I have closed the #2 a few times but can't get it regularly. I would like to someday close a #3. I hope to get from this forum the knowledge to help me design a plan to do so. I am also interested in bending.

6'1 232lbs

Hello, My name is James I am 56 years old,been training off and on for about 38 years. Still don't know what I am doing lol. My forearms have always been my weak point. So I am hoping for the magic cure from this site. I have done all the usual forearm routines with some success,but not enough.Sorry for the long rant.

Edited by Wired Wrong

Hello,

Aush here. I am an avid Crossfitter, who got into gymnastics (ring work), who is now getting into grip work.

I am 6' 195#.

I own the CoC 1, 1.5, and 2, but literally just got them in the mail about 5 days ago.

I have read I believe his name is David Horne(?)'s post in the Grip FAQ forum about beginner's programs and intend to start there. I plan to work 2-3 days a week on grip specifically of course Grip has such carryover to everything I do that I think that will be plenty.

I have played with pinch work, CoC 1, Farmer's Walks, and I did wrist curls/reverse curls probably 10-12 years ago in college. But stopped when I found bodyweight exercises more to my liking.

I feel like I don't know enough about grip work to have very clear goals..I know I want to get into levering, and closing CoC #2 is my current goal for this year.

Great Forum, thanks for the info you all provide freely!

James here hoping to find good forearm and grip info here.

A good place to look is the beginners program in the grip faq's and to watch the regular posters on the workout routines. Might help with some guidance.

Hey guys my name is Jay SMith, i live in carleton Nova scotia. im 6'2ish and hang between 260 and 270. grip has always been a strong point for me, i only recently started training it specifically on a consistant basis.

right now some of my personal bests are

1135 lb grip pick from rack*next to no real ragnge of motion, sprictly a grip lift nd i think i have a video of it*

675 double over hand pick

410 lb farmers walk for 30 feet*have this on video*

closed the #3 coc right handed

closing the HG300 for sets of 5

closed the hg 250 for sets of 25

200 lb right hand rolling thunder, 190 left

i enjoy training grip, im new to nail bending and loving that as well, i bend nails for wrsit work to ad in my new found love of competitive arm wrestling.

future goals

i would love to be closing the #3 CoC with both hands and any day i want, ive only closed it the one time and only righty.

this summer id also like to take a 50 foot walk with over 400 in each hand for farmers

Newbies that lurk before posting are good too. It means that they are gathering a consensus of the forum, and are cautious to ask a question here that has been asked about a million times! :D

My name is Don Jacobs and I live in Cincinnati. I starting competing in powerlifting competitions in high school and continued until about age twenty-five. My only "grip" concern was for deadlifting. Back when I was doing this, there was no internet (to speak of). When I saw that the GripBoard forum had 12,519 topics with 157,918 replies, I about crapped.

Just over a decade later, I coach high school football. Since becoming involved in the school's BFS (Bigger - Faster - Stronger) program, I have had a renewed interest in strength training.

As you might guess from the quote above, I plan to lurk until I figure out how I might contribute.

Thanks.

What's up fellas? I'm Russ and I'm 36, 6' tall and weigh 230. I started lifting again about 3 months ago after about a 12 year lay off. I just started training grip a couple weeks ago when I got some CoC's cuz since switching from BJJ to no gi jiu jitsu I feel my grip has gone down the tubes. I got the trainer, #1 and #1.5. I can close the 1.5 7 times with my right and 3 with my left. I took the #1.5 to work with me last week to see how many other people could close it cuz there's a couple big dudes there but to my surprise nobody could close it. My goal is to close the 3.5. I just ordered the #2, 2.5 and 3. I won't be using these for a while but at least I'll have them when it's time to step up in my training. I want to get into some of the other grip training stuff too. I saw a vid of someone lifting a 50lb blob and that looked interesting. I'm also planning on picking up a rolling thunder.

Hey guys, my name is Mun im 26 years of age, i just got my first COC #1 a week ago and can barely close it for 1 rep, never done any real grip work my whole life, i do lift weights 4 days a week, my goal is to close the #3 gripper by any means necessary. I live in Victoria, British Columbia, im going to be building the secret weapon soon to help me with my goals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm new here to the GripBoard but not new to grip training. My name is Logan Christopher. I do a wide variety of grip training and feats of strength. My biggest current goal is moving toward the Red Nail. I can do Grade 5 bolts easily but have not yet got a Grade 8. Also currently having a lot of fun playing with block weights. I'm looking forward to joining the group here.

Hello,

I'm new here to the GripBoard but not new to grip training. My name is Logan Christopher from LegendaryStrength.com. I do a wide variety of grip training and feats of strength. My biggest current goal is moving toward the Red Nail. I can do Grade 5 bolts easily but have not yet got a Grade 8. Also currently having a lot of fun playing with block weights. I'm looking forward to joining the group here.

Good to see you here Logan! I've visited your site and like the content. If you ever need any help with your bending let me know and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. There are some fantastic benders here too.

Hi

My name is Paul

I am 23 and have been into weight training on and off for about 3 years. My focus is on the main barbell exercises and my goal is to be strong.

I found out about CoC grippers on the internet and started reading about grip strenght and am now pretty much sold on how important grip strenght is. I've watched Jedd's videos and was impressed.

I've been doing David Horne's first workout for beginners program for a few weeks now and am really enjoying it. I like how fast I'm going progress on the pinch holds and on finger curls.

Grippers are on the way.

My short term objectives are to go through one round of RRBT and then move on to KTA. Then focus on other grip aspects, mainly thick bar training and supprt grip.

My long term objectives in terms of grip feats are to close a #3, pinch two 45s and maybe rip a deck of cards.

I also just love how grip training is at the opposite pole of what all the muscle-pumpers are doing and how most people just don't get it.

Hi all. My name is Damian Knight. I'm 24 years old and about 5'11 and 190 pounds. I'm a novice arm wrestler and a beginner grip training enthusiast. I live in tiny little Rhode Island, a place where I have yet to find anyone else interested in grip training. I'm always looking for ways to improve my grip and forearm strength and new people to armwrestle with.

I Don't have a list of awesome feats of strength yet, but after about a month and a half I can credit card set close a #3 CoC. That's gotta be worth something right?? Hahah. Glad to finally get on the boards. Thanks guys.

Edited by Damian Knight

I am 70 years old, 5"9, Weigh 160. Some years ago I used to workout mainly with odd objects (sandbag, paper stacks, sledge hammer, etc.). A back injury 9 years ago really shut me down and these days I don't pick up anything over about 30 lbs. I do ride a recumbent bike and do an intense low impact bodyweight workout on alternate mornings for 45 minutes. About a month ago I started working out three afternoons a week with CoC grippers and a homemade wrist roller that is hooked to rubber cables instead of weights. I would really like to know more about how to properly train for grip strength and am hoping to learn from experienced people here on the forum. I would like to close a CoC #3 and be able to break a pair of slip joint pliers. Just closing a CoC #2 would be an improvement.

Hi Guys.

I live in the Netherlands Antilles and just recently started with some grip work. I train using kettlebells and I can almost close the #2 iron mind crusher. Looking forward to learn some stuff here.

Name's Greg, Alabama, currently in the first month of KTA, which I started after six phases of RRBT. My current goal is MM0. Lurked here for a while before and found the site very informative and the videos very entertaining. Thanks