NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hey guys I'm Jeff, 5'11 200lbs. I'm 35 and been training my whole life since I was around 10 years old. I've done everything from powerlifting to fighting amateur mma. Over the past few years I have suffered a lot of injuries that have kept me sidelined from training hard. Just when I started powerlifting again I tore my pec very badly and needed surgery to fix it. Anyway I needed a new training program so I just started training grip.

I didn't catch this in time for my first post, but better late than never!

My name is Joey and I'm 23. 6'1"/180 lbs. I have been working out with the Convict Conditioning book for a few months now and realized that I was missing an important part of strength training - grip. That's what lead me here. I am a complete newbie in terms of grip, but with the info on this forum and a few other sites I feel that I am on the right path. The workout I chose was David Horne's workout he posted for beginners in another section of this site.

Hi guys and gals, my name is Matt White, I'm 27, active duty Navy, and I compete in strongman. (live in WA) Grip wise I'd rather not post too much in terms of what I've done, because I don't have vids to back them all.

Here's a vid for you guys, by far, this is not me best, HOWEVER, is my most recent video actually taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJzBEnVqJ3A

Anyway, have COC sport all the way to the #3. I have an axle with both knurling and smooth areas to grip, various barbells and plates, and just bought a powerball which I never even heard of until I got on your forum. Soon I will be making a few waterballs (exercise balls with some water in them, don't know what the technical term for them is) Anyway, currently I'm only working on double overhand axle holds/deads and plate pinches. I've been ignoring my COC's for a little bit, I may pick them back up in a couple more months. I never knew you could "set" the gripper, I thought you just had to grab and squeeze, so I'm still in the learning phase.

Hello all:

My name is Josh. I am 21 and have been training grip off and on for a couple of years, but have only recently become obsessed with grip. I am currently pursuing the CoC #3, and am using the KTA program to help me get there. I joined the gripboard to soak up as much knowledge as possible to help accomplish this goal as well as a possible certification.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm james. I joined here because I became interested in grip training 2 weeks ago(when I started working out to lose some weight and gain muscle), so I bought the captains of crush trainer since I didn't have a strong grip. I can do it about 7 times right hand, 4 times left. I am building a pinch grib hub, and doing extensor stuff with finger bands. I'm 5 8 and 155. Have small wrists (embarassing), so I'm hoping they won't hurt my grip progress. Thanks.

Greets to all. My name is Andrew. I just started up with grip training as a way of supporting other types of weight training. I have the first 6 CoC grippers. I really like them... after just a couple of weeks of acclimation training I've made some pretty fair gains and my fingers no longer pop like bubble wrap whenever I try the harder ones. The excellent grip and solid build makes these a real pleasure to use. I'm looking forward to what's possible with some real workouts. I can currently click off 6 solid closes of the #2 with my right hand and maybe 2 with my left... gotta work on that. I'm a little surprised at the disparity.

My medium-term goal is pretty standard: I'd like to close the #3. I don't know if I want to officially certify, but maybe post a video for critique, if that's ok. But that won't be for quite a while, I suspect.

Edited by treesloth

Hey Guys, my name is Brian, 28 yrs old, 6ft 170lbs. Been lifting weights on and off for about 8 years but always would get bored after about 4-6 months of hard training due to never really having a goal other than to gain muscle mass. I use to be very skinny and short and was about 5 ft 6, 100lbs out of high school. Last month I came across arm wrestling and grip training and took a big interest. My motivation is now through the roof and have purchased, FAT GRIPZ, COC Trainer and COC #1. I've also purchased the book, "Mastery of Hand Strength", by John Brookfield. I've only really started to train specifically for grip about 2 weeks now but the feel after a grip workout is amazing. I've recently found a group that arm wrestles once a week and am pretty excited to go in a few weeks.

I love competing and hope to enter a amateur arm wrestling tournament by next year and to close the #2 COC gripper before the end of the year. I currently can do the trainer about 8 times and am only able to close the #1 about once. I know I got a long way to go but so far the training for it has been alot of fun.

Hi everyone. My name is Chris, I live in the UK. I've had an interest in grip training for a while, and bought some CoC grippers to supplement other training (weights, jitsu). I've played around with some hammer levering too. My interest really took off though when I tried bending: I put a kink in a 6" nail in April and a couple of weeks ago I was able to bend 5 6" nails in a row - stoked :)

Now I'm looking to put together a decent grip training plan focussed mainly on bending, but trying to cover all round grip strength too.

Current goals

* Bend 6" x 8mm HRS rod

* Bend horseshoe (I have a couple of rusty ones, no idea how strong)

* Close CoC 2

* Close CoC 2.5

* Lever 7lbs sledgehammer

Cheers!

Hi My Name is Jarrod Riordan. I am 33 Year's old. 5'11 & 200 Pounds and come from Melbourne, Australia.

I have been Weight training on and off for 10 Years. For the last Year I have been dedicated with My training and have been pushing Myself to lift more. I lift weight's 5 Morning's a Week on a 2 Bodypart a workout split Routine for around 45min. My main lift's are Squats,Deadlift's,Bench Press,Pull Up's,Military Press,Barbell Curl,Bent Over Row and Dip's. I first came across Grip Training 6 Month's ago when I read about the Captains Of Crush Grippers. From there I ordered the COC Sport as I was not sure what I could and could not close. I received the Sport 1 Week later and found I could close it Very easy. Then I ordered the Trainer, #1 and #2. I could close the #1 both left and right but the #2 stop'd Me within an Inch of closing. I then started to work on closing the #2 which took Me 1 Month to close. I was Hooked and have converted a whole Bedroom into a Grip Room :-) I have also been working on the Ironmind Plate Loaded Grip Machine trying to work it in with the Gripper's !?!? I am 1/4 inch off closing the #2.5 and now work Grippers and Grip Machine 3 Days a Week with the below Routine.

Trainer - 10Reps x 1 Set

#1 - 10Reps x 1 Set

#2.5 - Cheat shut and Hold

#1.5 Close and Hold

#1 Close and Hold

I have also started Training Forearm's worked into My Grip Training Wrist Curl's,Reverse Curl's and Hammer Curls are My current lift's. I would love to start getting into Pinch Lift's and other aspect's of the Grip Universe. I joined the Gripboard to meet Like minded People and get advice from more experienced Gripsters because coming from Australia there isn't much in the way of Grip Comps to meet other People. My Mates and Girlfriend think I have gone Crazy :-). Any advice on My Routine would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome!! What have you been doing on the plate loaded machine? I wouldn't suggest 10 reps sets and your gripper volume is low even for someone new to grip.

Welcome!! What have you been doing on the plate loaded machine? I wouldn't suggest 10 reps sets and your gripper volume is low even for someone new to grip.

My Grip Machine workout:

Warm up Set with 88 Pounds - 1Set x 8reps

Working Sets with 132Pounds - 7Sets x 5Reps

I close and open the Machine with both Hands but have try'd some Single hand Negatives.

Would You recommend Fewer Reps but More Sets on the Grippers??

hi my name is dave and i live in the uk, i'm 45 and have always thought i had a strong grip that is until i tried my mates coc grippers, i can close the no1 with my right hand but not the left i couldn't believe how strong they are.

so i've ordered a coc trainer and a no1 to get started, id love to be able to eventually close a no3 but i no thats a very long way off and probably not possible but i'm going to see how far i can get.

dave

Hi everyone. I'm Chase Wiley. I'm 6'1'' a little over 200lbs and 19 years old. I am a strongman, but due to a terrible accident i was in becoming a professional and closing the COC#3 were shot down for a while. Back into it now i can close the #3 and am getting my strength back in my left hand and arm that were injured. I am looking to rewrite record books someday. My heroes for iron game are Arthur Saxon, paul anderson, and bill kazmaier. my lifts are very very strong besides the bench due to my injury. My gip fanscination is only a fraction of my leg and foot strength fasconation so i train very hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Igor Kupinckiy, from Ukraine.

I'm 6'2", 254 lbs, and 28 years old. I am armwrestler. Close Warren Tetting T6 (RGC - 66 kg = 145 lbs = raiting 2.9)

Rolling Thunder (new handle)- 233 lbs = 105,5 kg.

I hope to learn with your help, more about grip, equipments, and records.

Best regards.

Hi, I'm Igor Kupinckiy, from Ukraine.

I'm 6'2", 254 lbs, and 28 years old. I am armwrestler. Close Warren Tetting T6 (RGC - 66 kg = 145 lbs = raiting 2.9)

Rolling Thunder (new handle)- 233 lbs = 105,5 kg.

I hope to learn with your help, more about grip, equipments, and records.

Best regards.

Glad to have you here. For info on contests, please check out this site: GripSport.org.

ok here it goes :)

My name is Daniel, and i am a Football player (wide receiver/tight end) :)

Im not sure if this is the right forum but i thought id give it a try.

I do a lot of weight training, and, as you can imagine from a football player, speed and stamina :)

Problem i have, sometimes balls get away from me, because i cant control them in my hands, as my fingers cant resist the force of the ball. It doesnt happen a lot, but i dont like it

and i think that is something that can be fixed, tho i dont know what training routine to use for that.

Maybe you can help me with that?

greetings

EoS

Hi, I'm Mark from England, 32 years old, 215lb 5'9. Played ice hockey & currently BJJ.

Have been lifting for 5 years. Grip 3 year inconsistently & just started bending last 2 month.

I trapbar deadlift (works for my short legs), floor press & train kettlebells.

PR 2.5 COC right 2 left

Best bending was 2 blue & one yellow in a row reverse style.

I train twice a week.

GOALS: Red nail & COC 3

Hi, I'm Mark from England, 32 years old, 215lb 5'9. Played ice hockey & currently BJJ.

Have been lifting for 5 years. Grip 3 year inconsistently & just started bending last 2 month.

I trapbar deadlift (works for my short legs), floor press & train kettlebells.

PR 2.5 COC right 2 left

Best bending was 2 blue & one yellow in a row reverse style.

I train twice a week.

GOALS: Red nail & COC 3

Nice goals. Good luck !

• 2 weeks later...

I am older athlete who have trained and compete all of my life with all kinds of sports (25 years in gym training also) but I am not any kind of bodybuilder or strongman.

I just ordered some grippers and look forword closing CoC#2,5. I have closed CoC#2 with first attemp.

The GripBoard Forums is great place to be. :cool