NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello, I am Christophe,

22y old, 2m tall and BW is 116kg.

I don't have much experience in specific grip training. Feats so far are closing CoC2, 73kg Rolling thunder and 110kg vertical bar with dominant hand.

I intend doing much more other grip exercises and training grip more often.

Other than grip training I am a competative powerlifter and strongman.

Hey everyone,

My name is Matt and I am 24yrs old. Im from NJ and have been into the weight game for about 9-10 years. I used to compete in strongman contests (3rd place Hudson valley strongman, 2nd place River City strongman contest) and have deadlifted and squated over 550lbs at 210lbs. Unfortunately, due to a spinal issue I was born with, I can't do anything concidered heavy anymore, but on the bright side, I am not obsessed with grip training! Some goals I have are: closing the CoC #3- currently 2mm aways!/ 200lb rolling thunder(both arms) @190lbs as of last month/ hub lift a york 45er/ and consistenly pinch lift 5 dimes.

Goals reached:

closed CoC 2.5

pinched 2 35s both hands

Closed CoC 2.5 10 times right hand

closed CoC 1.5 48 times right and 40 times left

pinch lift 5 dimes

clean and pressed 2 25s from the hub

And many many more!

I hope to learn as much as possible from this great forum! Love the info!

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Strong achievements so far !! Good luck with the #3 !

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. The three has proven to be a mighty foe : (

hello all. My names Terry Davies , I'm from a small town in Wales uk. I've been training my grip for approx 1year now and just about closing the 3. just found this board. looks nice.

alright then im acie im new here i got into grip training about a year ago my grip then was much like a small babys but since then i have moved up to about husky toddler strength . my background is mostly martial arts (brazilian jiujitsu , muay thai , judo , kali) the bjj and judo are the main reasons i got into it and the little bit of strength i have attained have helped quite a bit in my grappling.

i have been following mostly john brookfield's stuff and a few things i have discovered on my own.

Hi, My name is Chris. 47, 6'2" 190lbs. I just got my first COC Trainer, and have ordered a #1. Totally new to grip training. I used to do Ironman triathlons, but am now into kettlebells, and mostly bodyweight training. I have been doing a lot of pullup/pushup training, and read that my grip strength was probably a limiting factor on my pullups/kettlebells, so I decided to work my grip. As a result of many crashes during my triathlon days with several broken metacarpals, I have felt some discomfort in my hand joints. I'm hoping that grip training will alleviate or eliminate the pain.

I will be having hernia surgery this week, and thought now would be a good time to begin grip training as I recover from the surgery. I look forward to learning as much as I can. I also joined the KTA program/download.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm PITT

I'm 26, and an Independent Pro-Wrestler.

I've always been naturally strong, just got into "serious" weightlifting back in june, it's been going great. Had my first strongman contest in september and I placed 5th out of 9 superheavyweights.

I've always had a good grip too, I want to see how far I can push that as well.

Grip Info about me:

Closed C.O.C. #1 the day I got it out of the box. (with each hand)

Closed C.O.C. #2 about 2 months after that. (with each hand)

About 1/2" away from closing the C.O.C. #3 (My left hand about 3/4" away)

I train both my hands about the same, I'm right-handed so my right hand is a little stronger, but not by much.

I've overhead pressed a 105lb dumbbell with a 3" thick handle (with each hand)

I can almost press a 120lb dumbbell with a regular handle, I'll get that soon.

I've overhead pressed a 225 axle.

I can do 185 on the rolling thunder pretty easy with each hand, I can get 210 of the ground but maybe about 1/2" or so.

I do sets of picking up a 90lb anvil by the horn, normally sets of 5-8.

I have picked up a 35lb blob with each hand.

All of this without any chalk too, I've just never bought any, it might help if i did.

Also just got some Nails to bend.

Having fun trying that, got them from Anson.

Bent 4 of the easier ones, up to a 60d nail.

Hey all, name is Zac. I'm 37, 6'2" and 235lbs. About 6 months ago my doc told me to lose weight or I might die... so I lost 30lbs, and continue to lose. I got tired of cardio all the time so I checked out strength training. I am known for doing things the hard way, so I found out about "Dinosaur Training" and through him, CoCs. I have a Trainer. I actually have a 1 and 2 as well, but I have to wait till Saturday before I can have them.. lol.

I have found that grip training is my thing. I like it as much as gardening. That's alot. I am training pinching plates, grippers,and am looking to get some thick handled DBs. I would also like to find like minded people here in Tucson. I just wanna crush stuff.

Rush is the best thing in the world,

Can't wait to see whats up around here,

Z

Even worse, it doesn't have to train to be strong ! :angry:

Haha yea what the hell is up with that! I have managed to pick up harder grippers than the #3- makes the #3 feel like a joke... I was blind to these other brands man. Surprise surprise! Lol

Hello all. I'm 28 years old, 6'.5" tall and about 210lbs. I started weight lifting in high school and I have practiced several different martial arts for the last 16 years. after years of weight lifting on and off I have forgone weights in exchange for body weight exercises. I'm a beginner in parkour and just starting to work on some skills I found on beastskills.com which is where i found a link to this website. I attended American Ninja Warrior 2 and plan on Attending American Ninja Warrior 3. In testing out just how far away I am from doing a one arm pull up I unfortunately discovered that I can hang on a bar by one hand for about 4 seconds. This is my first post and I have yet to read through the forums yet so I have no clue what any of the exercises, tools, or acronyms on here are. I hope to learn a lot!

Hello all. I'm 28 years old, 6'.5" tall and about 210lbs. I started weight lifting in high school and I have practiced several different martial arts for the last 16 years. after years of weight lifting on and off I have forgone weights in exchange for body weight exercises. I'm a beginner in parkour and just starting to work on some skills I found on beastskills.com which is where i found a link to this website. I attended American Ninja Warrior 2 and plan on Attending American Ninja Warrior 3. In testing out just how far away I am from doing a one arm pull up I unfortunately discovered that I can hang on a bar by one hand for about 4 seconds. This is my first post and I have yet to read through the forums yet so I have no clue what any of the exercises, tools, or acronyms on here are. I hope to learn a lot!

Welcome on Gripboard !

Hi. Recently joined gripboard (and recently started training with grippers). Started back in September, being unable to close a #1.5 by about an inch. So far I've got to a #2, which I can close quite consistently. I'm aiming for the #3 as a 'short' term goal (short in relation to the amount of time I expect to spend trying to get to a #3.5). I would like to reach a #3.5 during my training. I'm 18 years old and about 160lbs. Hope to learn a lot while I'm here :)

Welcome new members! Introduce yourself here! We want to hear what your goals are, what your background is, and how you got into grip training!

Hello! I'm Colin and I'm new to gripboard. I'm 28 years old. I first started messing around with grippers a bit over 2 years ago. I bought some CoCs. Could barely close the T but quickly worked up to getting the #1 for reps each hand. Never quite got the #2 closed. I did no strength training otherwise.

About 20 months ago, I got into strength training (rippetoe's starting strength). I've been primarily focusing on that since then.

Just recently got back to messing around with my grippers. With just a little playing around had the #2 closed with my right and left. Did some more research around the net and realized there was a lot more to it. For instance, I knew jack all about how to set the gripper.

Now I'm putting some focus on it and plan to do gripper work 3x a week, though strength training will continue to be my main focus (though hernia surgery will put a damper on that for a little while). Tonight got 5 reps on the #2 from parallel with my right, 3 with my left. Progress. I just choked my #2.5 and hope to get started on getting that closed soon.

My ultimate goal is to close the CoC #3 by my 30th birthday, which is 14 months out.

Welcome guys! You ought to mention where you're located (specific state and/or region would be nice) so that you can hook up with another gripster in your area.

I'm in Fall River, MA.

Also, clue a newb in. What's an MM set? I know TNS and CCS, but all my searches come up fruitless for a definition.

An MM set is the deepest set of the handles that will be accepted when certifying for MashMonster status. The MashMonster grippers measure 2.75 inches between the handles so the MM set distance will be parallel or 3/4 inch between the handles. This is the deepest we will allow . Of course you can present a set that is wider if you so choose