Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

I got my 5 and 6 mm stainless steel today..

..too bad all of them turned to be 8 mm..

:cry:calm

EDIT: And too bad i'm not that strong :yikes

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

What they mixed up your order? That sucks.

What they mixed up your order? That sucks.

Yeah it really sucks =/ Bought from a shop in Örebro. Perhaps I will buy from maskindelen in the future.

I've had a cold for a couple of days, why I haven't trained much.

Here's some light training:

Roll Ups

With bucket and about 1,25 kg:

LH: 1 succesfull Roll up.

With bucket and about 1,5 kg:

RH: 1 succesfull Roll up.

LH: 0 succesfull Roll ups.

With bucket and about 1,75 kg:

RH: 1 succesfull Roll up. (touched PR)

Walk with Backback and extra weights

Loaded the backpack to 25,6 kg (5,2 kg more then last time) and took a 31 minutes and 24 seconds walk. Same route as last time, but slighly faster and with heavier backpack. Yay.

Closing in on my goal to walk the same route, under 35 minutes, with 30 kg (66 pounds) in the backpack.

Succeded with my goal today!! :)

Same route as usual. Time: 31 minutes, 24 seconds. Weight of backpack: 30,3 kg.

Tried Wall Sit today for the very first time. Managed 1 minute and 5 seconds. The floor was a bit slippery, and since it was my very first time, i'm not dissapointed with the time. If the floor had not been so slippery, I definitely think I could sit for a longer time. Next time I will do the Wall Sit somewhere else.

My first goal with this exercise is anyway to reach 1 minute and 33 seconds. Eventually I plan to the Wall Sit with weight plate/plates in my lap.

Tried Wall Sit today for the very first time. Managed 1 minute and 5 seconds. The floor was a bit slippery, and since it was my very first time, i'm not dissapointed with the time. If the floor had not been so slippery, I definitely think I could sit for a longer time. Next time I will do the Wall Sit somewhere else.

My first goal with this exercise is anyway to reach 1 minute and 33 seconds. Eventually I plan to the Wall Sit with weight plate/plates in my lap.

Tonight I did 1 minute and 7 seconds. Hope to beat this time on Saturday.

Did a great workout just!

One hand deadlift

RH: 88 kg x 1

LH: 88 kg x 1

LH: 93 kg x 1

RH: 98 kg x 1

RH: 100,25 kg x 1 (PR)

LH: 100,25 kg x 1 (PR)

100,25 kg = 221 pounds.

Previous PR was 90,5 kg with LH. 96,5 kg with RH. So that's actually 2 new PR:s in the same exercise, under the same workout. First time in a long time I do this exercise. I'm thrilled to have succeded with one of my goals for this year! :yikes

DO deadlift with Fat Gripz

First time EVER I do this exercise.

Did 2 sets:

88 kg x 1

100,25 kg x 1

My first goal with DO deadlift with Fat Gripz, is to reach 130 kg.

Correction:

Well, 4 new PR:s in the same workout :tongue 2 with each hand.

Did a great workout just!

One hand deadlift

RH: 88 kg x 1

LH: 88 kg x 1

LH: 93 kg x 1

RH: 98 kg x 1

RH: 100,25 kg x 1 (PR)

LH: 100,25 kg x 1 (PR)

100,25 kg = 221 pounds.

Previous PR was 90,5 kg with LH. 96,5 kg with RH. So that's actually 2 new PR:s in the same exercise, under the same workout. First time in a long time I do this exercise. I'm thrilled to have succeded with one of my goals for this year! :yikes

DO deadlift with Fat Gripz

First time EVER I do this exercise.

Did 2 sets:

88 kg x 1

100,25 kg x 1

My first goal with DO deadlift with Fat Gripz, is to reach 130 kg.

Congrats on your 1 hand deadlift pr

Today I finally got the right steel.

Could'nt resist to try them out :blush

Managed to bend a 6 mm bit of Stainless Steel, cut to 17 cm. Most probably over 3 minutes time on the bend. After I could'nt bend another one.

Then I bended 6 pieces of 5 mm Stainless Steel. Easy. Around 17 cm on all, someone little less, someone little more. I think I will cut them shorter next time to make it more difficult.

--

Thanks David for recommending this type of steel, rostfri rundstång. I really dunno how to translate rundstång to english..

Beat it slightly.. new PR: 1 minute, 10 seconds.

Will try to increase the time slightly each week, and hopefully i'll soon be doin' +1 minute and 33 seconds.

Roll Ups

Equipment: Small bucket, Towel in standard golf towel size, Carabiner, and small weight plates and grippers as weight.

RH:

Tired myself out with some attempts at 2 kg. Non succesfull.

Since I had tired myself out I had little trouble rolling up 1,5 kg, but it went OK after some attempts.

EDIT: Now, some minutes later, I manged to Roll Up 1,75 kg (touched PR).

LH:

Feelt a bit off here, with slight pain in my bicep. But 1,5 kg went OK after some attempts.

--

Before I had done attempts at 5 sec crushes with max gripper. It went OK with LH (CoC #2). With RH I closed the gripper (CoC #3) 2 times, but none very good 5 sec crush.

Roll Ups

Equipment: Small bucket, Towel in standard golf towel size, Carabiner, and small weight plates and grippers as weight.

RH:

Since I had tired myself out I had little trouble rolling up 1,5 kg, but it went OK after some attempts.

LH:

Feelt a bit off here, with slight pain in my bicep. But 1,5 kg went OK after some attempts.

--

Before I had done attempts at 5 sec crushes with max gripper. It went OK with LH (CoC #2). With RH I closed the gripper (CoC #3) 2 times, but none very good 5 sec crush.

I realise now that I should probably count the weight of the bucket, towel and carabiner as well..

so PR is really:

RH: 2 kg.

LH: 2 kg.

2 kg = 4,4 pounds.

:tongue

1,25 kg (2,75 pounds) left for my goal..

Roll Ups

RH:

LH:

--

I realise now that I should probably count the weight of the bucket, towel and carabiner as well..

so PR is really:

RH: 2 kg.

LH: 2 kg.

2 kg = 4,4 pounds.

:tongue

1,25 kg (2,75 pounds) left for my goal..

New PR with right hand: Total weight: 2,25 kg. Just did it! 2,25 kg = 4,9 pounds.

New PR with left hand: Total weight: 2,25 kg. Just did it! 2,25 kg = 4,9 pounds.

Now 1 kg (2,2 pounds) left for my goal.

:yikes:D

New PR in Roll Ups with RH:

Total Weight: 2,35 kg.

Did 2,35 kg with RH, again today, two times.

No succes with LH. But one time VERY close.

Did 2,35 kg with RH, again today, two times.

No succes with LH. But one time VERY close.

Now I managed to do it with LH as well. :cool

Roll Ups

LH: Total Weight: 2,35 kg x 1 (PR).

2,35 = 5,1 pounds.

Bending

DO

IM yellow nail bended below 2 inches from the insides. Time: 1 minute, 32 seconds (PR).

To finish it off I bended two 5.1 millimeter spikes. My forearms were toasted after the yellow nail. Because both spikes toke each over 2 minutes to bend.. longer then it took to bend the yellow nail.

I'm really happy to bend a IM yellow nail again, on PR time.

Bending

DO

IM yellow nail bended below 2 inches from the insides. Time: 1 minute, 32 seconds (PR).

To finish it off I bended two 5.1 millimeter spikes. My forearms were toasted after the yellow nail. Because both spikes toke each over 2 minutes to bend.. longer then it took to bend the yellow nail.

I'm really happy to bend a IM yellow nail again, on PR time.

Forgot to mention:

Bended the IM yellow nail in golf towel (:happy), finished it off with IM bending pads. Bended the spikes in bath towel, finished them off in IM bending pads.

Just when I was done with the hindu squats and had wrote in down here, I tried grippers:

LH: CoC #2, 5 reps (PR!).

RH: First 2 misses on CoC #3. Often when I know the strenght is there, but I dont get the right feeling for it, I watch John Eatons EXCELLENT guide video of how to parallal setting a gripper. After I watched for a minute or two, I made a good single on CoC #3.. Thanks, John! :cool

New LH PR: CoC #2 - 6 reps.

RH: CoC #3 - Roughly 5 sec crush.

Beat it slightly.. new PR: 1 minute, 10 seconds.

Will try to increase the time slightly each week, and hopefully i'll soon be doin' +1 minute and 33 seconds.

Today, just now, I succeded with my first goal in this exercise. To reach 1 minute, 33 seconds.

Wall Sit

Time: 1 minute, 34 seconds. (PR)

--

The first goal was actually from the Swedish tv-show that goes on tv now, "Mästarnas Mästare" (Champion of the Champions). Where swedish former elite sports men compete. They did Wall Sit when I watched. Former boxer George Scott did the weak time 1 minute, 33 seconds. Former skier legend Ingemar Stenmark did over 10 minutes.. so my big goal in this exercise is to hit 11 minutes! :whacked:) If I do it, it will take a LONG time, but that's anyway the big goal with Wall Sits.

Right now i'm happy that I succeded with my first goal..