Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Today I introduced a for me new training form. Walk with backpack and extra weights.

Walk with Backback and extra weights

Loaded the backpack to 12,4 kg (27,3 pounds) and took a 32 minutes walk. I dont know how long the walk is.

Without backpack it usually takes 32 minutes.. and it didn't feel too heavy, so next time I will increase the weight in the backpack.

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Today I introduced a for me new training form. Walk with backpack and extra weights.

Loaded the backpack to 12,4 kg (27,3 pounds) and took a 32 minutes walk. I dont know how long the walk is.

Without backpack it usually takes 32 minutes.. and it didn't feel too heavy, so next time I will increase the weight in the backpack.

It's been a long time since I did any walking with heavy backpacks. It's an exhausting way of training

It feelt good today.

My goal is the same route in max 35 minutes, with 30 kg on the back!

It feelt good today.

My goal is the same route in max 35 minutes, with 30 kg on the back!

What route is that? Any particular route?

Nah, just around where I live.. Nothing special.

Push Ups

Set 1: 25 reps

Set 2: 24 reps

Set 3: 24 reps

Set 4: 23 reps

I used to do weighted backpack walks around Vivalla when I was still living there. The constant threat of being robbed gangraped and murdered made sure I kept a good pace :laugh .

Hahaha.. yes Vivalla is really the ghetto of Örebro.. kinda like Bronx for New York :online JK! :tongue

The two hundred squats training program (hindu squats for me)

Week 4, Day 3:

Warm up: RH: CoC #3, 1 rep. LH: CoC #2, 1 rep.

40 reps - 40 reps done.

45 reps - 45 reps done.

40 reps - 40 reps done.

40 reps - 40 reps done.

Max (at least 54 reps) - 91 reps done. Time: 5 minutes.

The RH CoC #3 was with my CoC #3 that's a bit harder then my easier CoC #3 i usually use. I haven't used it very much since I got my easier one, so it was one more close to the the few closes i've done with it.

Loaded the backpack to 20,4 kg (8 kg more then last time) and took a 32 minutes and 30 seconds walk. I dont know how long the walk is.

Without backpack it usually takes 32 minutes.. Will probably increase the weight a little next time, but not very much.

Got my new grippers yesterday and tried them out today.

The Atomgripz Quad Band I got is a BEAST. Far from closing it.

MM2 Replica I got about 5-6 millimeters away from closing.

FBBC 3X (old gripper) I got about 1 - 2 centimeters away from closing (LH).

The new grippers motivate me anyway, and I will focus mainly on grippers, for a while, now.. I will most probably very soon do a slighly modified version of "High Volume Routine" (by Greg Gamidon and Dave Morton). http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=14288

then we'll se what happens..

The two hundred squats training program (hindu squats for me)

Exhaustion test: 113 reps in 5 minutes time.

--

Was hoping to beat my PR.. Beginning to wonder if this program is right for me. I do one more week anyway, but if I dont beat my PR after that I dont know if I will do the last week. Perhaps hindu squats just once a week is the right thing for me..? I'm yet not sure.

I have rethinked about my training. I plan to go back to hindu squats once a week, with a max test. I plan to make 2 notes, one the reps on 5 minutes, and one note on the numbers of reps over 5 minutes, not sure exact what time.

And I will refocus again on my quest to lift the BLOB50. Wait with the grippers focus.

Heheh! Okey! Perhaps I should be quiet about what my focus will be.

I got a desire to try bending. I managed to bend a IM yellow nail I could'nt budge last time I tried it! I didn't take time, but i'm confident it at least took under 5 minutes. Feelt awesome.

I will try to get down to a iron shop (think that's the right english word..) and buy some nails that's similar to the IM nails yellow and blue.

After the first yellow nail my forearms where toasted and I could'nt bend another one.

I got a desire to try bending. I managed to bend a IM yellow nail I could'nt budge last time I tried it! I didn't take time, but i'm confident it at least took under 5 minutes. Feelt awesome.

I will try to get down to a iron shop (think that's the right english word..) and buy some nails that's similar to the IM nails yellow and blue.

After the first yellow nail my forearms where toasted and I could'nt bend another one.

Now I just managed to bend the other IM yellow nail! There was a slight kink on it since a couple of months ago when I tried to bend it, and it took longer time then the first.

Good grip day!

Now I just managed to bend the other IM yellow nail! There was a slight kink on it since a couple of months ago when I tried to bend it, and it took longer time then the first.

Good grip day!

Another bending monster in the making :rock

Hehe, thanks David. Who knows in the future? I think i've been bitten by the bending bug anyway.. very fun training form

In the weekend me and my dad will probably go to a iron shop (järnaffär) and look for rostfri rundstång, 5 and 6 mm's. Thanks again for the tip with that, David.

Push ups with extra weights

BW + 20 kg x 13

BW + 20 kg x 7

BW + 10 kg x 9

BW + 10 kg x 4

BW + 5 kg x 7

BW x 6-7 (not sure)

--

I bought the Maximized Bending e-book yesterday. I hope it will help me with my bending journey. I will most probably focus on bending now for some time.

I bought the Maximized Bending e-book yesterday. I hope it will help me with my bending journey. I will most probably focus on bending now for some time.

Good choice. It's a good way to get started and learn the basics.

BTW these four 5kg plates have started to become easy again :D It seems that I was just having a bad pinching week

Loaded the backpack to 25,6 kg (5,2 kg more then last time) and took a 31 minutes and 24 seconds walk. Same route as last time, but slighly faster and with heavier backpack. Yay.

Closing in on my goal to walk the same route, under 35 minutes, with 30 kg (66 pounds) in the backpack.

Good choice. It's a good way to get started and learn the basics.

BTW these four 5kg plates have started to become easy again :D It seems that I was just having a bad pinching week

Glad to hear that, since you know what your talking about.

AWESOME! Are you thinking of buying another 5 kg plate soon? Myself will probably focus on bending for a while now.

I realise I haven't had the best technique in push ups.

When I did the hundred pushups program it was way off. After it has been better, but not all good.

Today I studied strict technique. Nose touching the floor, standing on your toes tips and not the other way around (I dont know the english word for tåyna), etc. Iv'e had my body straight before, but the nose hasn't touched the floor each rep, been close the the floor, but not touching. And I haven't been standing on my toe tips.

I've been standing like this: http://zuzibuz.blogg.se/images/2008/pict0002_1796725.jpg and not like this: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2310/2385402167_4bf20e139f.jpg

So today I just managed 31 good reps!! I HAVE MYSELF TO BLAME! For not doing it right before.. But my years goal is still the same.

EDIT:

I started body weight culture's 10 week push up program today. Goal is to reach 50 reps (again).

Bad to start over AGAIN, in a way, but I have myself to blame for taking a short cut with the technique. This time im at last anyway doing it right..

Push ups

31 reps

22 reps

10 reps

Longer rest then 90 seconds between set 1 and 2.

I started body weight culture's 10 week push up program today. Goal is to reach 50 reps (again).

Lol, im way to impulsive in my decisions. Won't do the program, not yet anyway.. :erm:erm

Hindu squats

Set 1: 114 reps in 5 minutes time.

1 rep better then last time.. 14 reps from PR.

--

I have ordered totally 6 meters of steel for bending. 3 meter of 5 mm stainless steel, 3 meter of 6 mm stainless steel.

Are you thinking of buying another 5 kg plate soon? Myself will probably focus on bending for a while now.

I am, but I'll wait another month or two. I'll be moving in the beginning of May and to be dragging around another 20kg-30kg (since I'm also planning on either getting two 10kg plates or two 15kg plates along with the 5kg)

Nice overall workouts here, good luck on your goals :D

David:

Cool. I hear that..

Big T:

Thanks man :) My training feels very messy at the moment though :/ Hope to get my flow on soon.