Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Wide Pinch

RH: Four 5 kgs plates x 1, Four 5 kgs plates, with 3,5 kg added (2,5 kg + 1 kg taped on) through rope x 1, Four 5 kgs plates, with 4 kg added (2,5 kg + 1,5 kg taped on) through rope x 1, Four 5 kgs plates, with 5 kg added (2,5 kg + 2,5 kg taped on) through rope x 1.. yay.

Hopefully I get another 5 kg plate tomorrow so I can try Five 5 kg plates pinch.

With left hand I just did one single with four 5 kg plates. Was going to try more, but due to lack of time I had to stop the workout.

BLOB50

I tried some cheat lifts with my BLOB50 anyway. With RH I managed to do a cheat lift, with my off hand, only my index finger on the thumb side. I tried it the same way with my pinky, it got some air at least, but not a full lift. But it's improvement anyway.

With my left hand on cheat lifts, I did as best a cheat lift, with off hand, assisting with ring and pinky fingers.

Anyway, due to lack of time, I stopped the workout.

Hahaha you thief! Girl at the reception said they had ordered some more though. So I'll just have to wait.

I've been thinking about getting two 15kg plates and using them as a 2HP setup.

Hehe. I usually order from Extreme Power though, so this won't repeat itself too often :inno;)

Cool! Have never tried that.

Got another 5 kg plate today for my birthday! :)

So with Five 5 kg plates I could not even budge it, when the plates were loose. But when I fixated the plates to a pipe I managed to do a single with RH. I think I try again to pinch them loose, when I can make some reps with the plates fixated to the pipe.

I'm happy I managed to lift it, fixated, anyway. That's a nice start.

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Got another 5 kg plate today for my birthday! :)

So with Five 5 kg plates I could not even budge it, when the plates were loose. But when I fixated the plates to a pipe I managed to do a single with RH. I think I try again to pinch them loose, when I can make some reps with the plates fixated to the pipe.

I'm happy I managed to lift it, fixated, anyway. That's a nice start.

That's great stuff man! The 5 plates fixated shouldn't be that far from a loose pinch

Thanks a lot guys!

Happy B-day! Now go get some PR's today bud!! :mosher

Thanks Jason and Matt!!! Feels nice to be 23. :tongue

Jason, yesterday I was too busy eating, to do workouts.. =D When I say paltkoma I think David knows that I mean! Haha.

Unfortunately it has started to hurt on a callus (I think that's the right word in english) on my RH thumb. Hope it get's better really soon so I can hit wide pinching again!

Haha paltkoma is something that grows stronger every year. Nowadays it's not unusual for me to even fall asleep after a good sized meal :laugh

Looks like a direct translation might be something like "food coma" and I can definitely relate to that feeling hahaha!

Food coma is awesome.

Hundredpushups program

Week 6, day 3 (Level 2)

Set 1: 22 reps - 22 reps done.

Set 2: 22 reps - 22 reps done.

Set 3: 30 reps - 30 reps done.

Set 4: 30 reps - 30 reps done.

Set 5: 25 reps - 25 reps done.

Set 6: 25 reps - 25 reps done.

Set 7: 18 reps - 18 reps done.

Set 8: 18 reps - 18 reps done.

Set 9: Max (at least 55 reps): 55 reps done.

About 9-10 minutes rest between set 8 and 9.

Feelt nice again.

On Tuesday it's time for another max test.

Wide Pinch

LH: As best a succesfull lift with Four 5 kg plates + One 2,5 kg plate (PB). I put the 2,5 kg plate just before the last 5 kg plate on the right side.

RH: As best a succesfull lift with Four 5 kg plates + One 2,5 kg plate. I put the 2,5 kg plate just before the last 5 kg plate on the right side.

Still slight pain on the callus on my right thumb.

I'm really happy with the LH lift!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that both best lifts were done with the plates fixated to a pipe.

Push ups

Today was max day and I only did 55 reps. I was more strict about the tecnique today than earlier, though. I'm not very happy about the reps, but not total dissapointed either. I have at least increased my max with 17 reps then before I started this program little over a month ago.

I'm pretty tired of this program now, so I will not do the last week on the hardest level.

I will probably start a routine with push ups 3 times a week, with different approaches. With weights on the back for one day, for example.

Wide Pinch

RH:

Fixated to a pipe:

Some lifts with Four 5 kg plates. One lift with Four 5 kg plates and one 2,5 kg plate. Two lifts with Four 5 kg plates and one 2,5 kg plate + one 2,5 kg plate taped on (the last plate is not the right size to go directly on the pipe).

Lots of attempts at Five 5 kg plates, no succesfull lift. I think I will try to lift that again when I succesfully have lifted Four 5 kg plates and one 2,5 kg plate + two 2,5 kg plates taped on.

LH:

Fixated to a pipe:

Some lifts with Four 5 kg plates. Other no success here. Some attempts at Four 5 kg plates and one 2,5 kg plate and Four 5 kg plates + 2,5 kg taped on.

Thanks Shoggoth! :)

It bugs me a bit that my callus isn't 100% painfree yet, it even has started slighly on my LH thumb. I'm bad at resting when I should, but I hope it goes OK anyway if I pinch tomorrow again.

Just got a big PR! RH: CoC #3 - 3 reps.

Closed CoC #2 with LH.

EDIT: Changed PB to PR. In swedish it's PB - "personligt bästa" which translates in english to "personal best", but I understand now that PR (personal record) is more common in english, so i'll be using that one from now on.. :cool

Roll Ups (quick workout)

With towel (golf towel size), bucket, and 1,5 kg (3,3 pounds)

RH: 1 succesfull roll up.

LH: 1 succesfull roll up.

Fail on 1,75 kg (3,85 pounds) with both hands.

I love this exercise. Because it feels AWESOME!

Congratulations to your gripper PR. All my grippers are stored up in the attic waiting for the day I lose my sanity and start working with grippers again :tongue

Just got a big PR! RH: CoC #3 - 3 reps.

Closed CoC #2 with LH.

EDIT: Changed PB to PR. In swedish it's PB - "personligt bästa" which translates in english to "personal best", but I understand now that PR (personal record) is more common in english, so i'll be using that one from now on.. :cool

Perhaps I should mention that it was MMS, all reps from the beginning.

Congratulations to your gripper PR. All my grippers are stored up in the attic waiting for the day I lose my sanity and start working with grippers again :tongue

Thanks man. It's not sane to work with grippers?! :unsure :unsure :tongue

Did Vbar twirling for 4 minutes and 5 seconds (RH) which is PB.

With left hand I dropped it 2 times. It feelt good for both hands though.

Next time I probably add a pound or two do make it more difficult.

Congrats! I'll have to try this.

Did Vbar twirling for 4 minutes and 5 seconds (RH) which is PB.

With left hand I dropped it 2 times. It feelt good for both hands though.

Next time I probably add a pound or two do make it more difficult.

Congrats! I'll have to try this.

Thanks anson. I havent done the exercise very long, but I really like it, for endurance, strenght and dexterity. I think I will try for the future to do it for longer time, with longer bar, and there train endurance, but also more dexterity. Problems is I now in the start drop the longer bar often.. hope that changes when I have twirl'd many times with longer bar.

To twirl for general hand/forearm strenght I really have just done 1 good workout. But I think Vbar with additional weights would probably be good for this.

Haha. I might start doing grippers again eventually. Right now I could care less about them. And being a bender I was trying to be stereotypically against grippers, if that makes sense :laugh:upsidedwn .

Haha. I might start doing grippers again eventually. Right now I could care less about them. And being a bender I was trying to be stereotypically against grippers, if that makes sense :laugh:upsidedwn .

Hehehe, I get your point! :happy