Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

I'm starting the two hundred squats training program (hindu squats for me) today (http://www.twohundredsquats.com/index.html). The goal is to reach 168 hindu squats in 5 minutes time.

The two hundred squats training program (hindu squats for me)

Week 3, Day 1:

19 reps - 19 reps done.

24 reps - 24 reps done.

19 reps - 19 reps done.

19 reps - 19 reps done.

Max (at least 27 reps) - 50 reps done.

Since I can do over 30 hindu squats I started on Week 3 as advised.

Next hindu squats workout will be probably on Sunday. I'm thinking Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. Will be interesting to do hindu squats 3 times a week.

Tried some Wide Pinch with plates just, but my pain in the thumb calluses restrain me there.

I tried some BLOB50 work, and there it works much better with my thumbs. So I will probably take some rest some from plate pinching and focus on BLOB50 for a while.

With BLOB50 I managed with both hands a cheat lift with just the index fixer, on off hand, pressing on the thumbside. That's a PR for LH.

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Tested my max on push ups earlier. Hit 51 reps. Will try to be consistent with my push ups now, and try beat my PR before this year is over.

Wide Pinch

My calluses feel very good today actually, so I did some wide pinching.

To summarise it:

RH:

Fixated in a bar:

Missed Five 5 kg plate. Missed Four 5 kg plates + One 2,5 kg plates + Two 2,5 kg plates taped on.

Hit Four 5 kg plates + one 2,5 kg plate a couple of times. Hit Four 5 kg plates + one 2,5 kg plate + One 2,5 kg plate and one 1,25 kg plate taped on. So that's at least higher weight than Five 5 kg plates, on a just little less wide set up.

Without fixated to a bar I hit Four 5 kg plates a couple of times.

LH:

Fixated in a bar:

Missed Four 5 kg plates + One 2,5 kg plates, lots of times.

Not fixated to a bar:

I hit Four 5 kg plates a couple of times. I also hit Four 5 kg plates with one additional 2,5 kg plate in a rope around the four 5 kg plates.

BLOB50

I ended the workout with some cheat lifting (without extra weights) on my BLOB50.

RH

As best i touched PR and hit two separate singles on cheat lift with just index finger on opposite hand.

LH

As best I made a PR and hit one single on cheat lift with just index finger on opposite hand.

Today's workout in chronological order:

TTK

Negatives

RH: 17,5 kg x 1

LH: 13 kg x 1 (touched PB, think I will try to increase this next workout, if it feels OK)

Push ups

BW + 43,9 kg x 5 (here I had little trouble with the backpack slipping away)

BW + 36,4 kg x 8

BW + 26,4 kg x 8

BW x 19

About 1-2 minutes rest between the sets.

TTK

Holds

RH: 8 kg for about 31 seconds

LH: 6,5 kg for about 31 seconds

+ 1 exhaustion set for each thumb

Push ups

BW x 21

--

Feelt good today!

Week 3, Day 2:

27 reps - 27 reps done.

34 reps - 34 reps done.

21 reps - 21 reps done.

21 reps - 21 reps done.

Max (at least 34 reps) - 70 reps done.

--

Happy to hit over double reps needed, on the max set.

Next squat workout on Tuesday, if nothing unexpected happens.

Just got a big PR! RH: CoC #3 - 3 reps.

Closed CoC #2 with LH.

EDIT: Changed PB to PR. In swedish it's PB - "personligt bästa" which translates in english to "personal best", but I understand now that PR (personal record) is more common in english, so i'll be using that one from now on.. :cool

Great job on the #3 repping PR!

Thanks a lot ben!

Hey by the way, have you tried the Atomgripz Quad Band gripper yet? If so, please tell me what you think of it! :)

I'm thinking of order that one and a MM2 from GSS. As per my goals for the year, I would like to get a goal gripper that ranks as 3.3 or 3.4. Hopefully if not the Atomgripz gripper ranks as 3.3 or 3.4, the MM2 would.

Wanted to tried some Roll Ups. After one succesfull lift with RH on 1,75 kg, and a couple of misses on 1,5 kg with LH.. the holder for the towel broke.. :calm

I think I will get a real golf towel now.. probably better

Thanks a lot ben!

Hey by the way, have you tried the Atomgripz Quad Band gripper yet? If so, please tell me what you think of it! :)

I'm thinking of order that one and a MM2 from GSS. As per my goals for the year, I would like to get a goal gripper that ranks as 3.3 or 3.4. Hopefully if not the Atomgripz gripper ranks as 3.3 or 3.4, the MM2 would.

Haven't received my Atomgripz Quad Band yet. But as soon as I get it you can be sure I'll try it out and let you know!

Sounds good Ben.

I made new holes in my towel and tried some more Roll Ups. Was pretty close to rolling up 2 kg, with both hands. Succesfull lifts on 1,5 kg (both hands).

Made another 3 repper on CoC #3 (RH). Made a 2 repper on CoC #2 (LH). All reps from the beginning.

Week 3, Day 3:

30 reps - 30 reps done.

38 reps - 38 reps done.

27 reps - 27 reps done.

27 reps - 27 reps done.

Max (at least 40 reps) - 81 reps done.

--

Again(!) happy to hit over double reps needed, on the max set.

Next squat workout on Thursday, if nothing unexpected happens.

Wide Pinch

Fixated to a bar:

RH:

Got air under Five 5 kg plates (far from a full lift). Lifted Four 5 kg plates and One 2,5 kg plate. Missed Four 5 kg plates and One 2,5 kg plates + Two 2,5 kg plates taped on.

When not fixated to a bar I (easy) lifted Four 5 kg plates, a couple of times.

LH:

Lifted Four 5 kg plates and One 2,5 kg plate.

When not fixated to a bar I (easy) lifted Four 5 kg plates, a couple of times.

--

Lately i've been focusing on Wide Pinch with plates, and not so much BLOB50. I think this is because I got enthusiastic with the plates when I got another 5 kg plate. I think I will try to do BOTH now, more BLOB50 workouts I mean. Not at the same workout probably. Some days plates, some days blob. I will try to do more BLOB50 though, probably. Since it's actually lifting the BLOB50 that's the major goal.

Just ordered a MM2 replica and Atomgripz Quad Band.

I put MM2 as new goal instead of 3.3,3.4-gripper, but hopefully I dont get one too easy.. Perhaps I get a heavier Quad Band, but the three I read calibrated was highest as 3.2 if I remember right. Will be awesome to try both grippers anyway, as I havent tried any of the brands!!

Push ups

47, 9, 8, 8

About 1 minutes rest between the sets.

Not happy to not hit 50 reps in the first set.. will try to flip it over a.s.a.p

Week 4, Day 1:

29 reps - 29 reps done.

34 reps - 34 reps done.

29 reps - 29 reps done.

29 reps - 29 reps done.

Max (at least 43 reps) - 87 reps done.

--

Happy to hit over double reps needed, on the max set. But it was a slow set. Squatted for almost 6 minutes and 30 seconds.

Next squat workout on Sunday, if nothing unexpected happens.

Roll Ups

BH:

Did some attempts at 2 kg. None very good.

I think I need to increase my overall grip strenght to be able to roll that weight up.

RH:

Managed to Roll Up 1,5 kg as best.

LH:

Managed to Roll Up 1 kg as best.

As I trained more I got weaker and weaker.... so i'm happy I managed to roll it up even so.

My pinch has regressed a bit. But I'm still training it. It's just how it is, it goes up and down. What's important is that it is progressing in the long run.. Best lift so far was lifting the four 5kg plates with two fingers. But right now I'm struggling to lift it with all four fingers

"It's just how it is, it goes up and down". That's the truth right there. Just train through it David! That's at least what I try to do in longer times of no progress.

Four 5kg plates with two fingers sounds cool!

@ David bhah! Just an off day bud. You know you can do it and some. I find my pinch really needs to be warmed up good to get any kind of performance. I've had a few days where I struggled with 40# to start with but kept pushing and I'd either get a volume or weight PR after 40 minutes or so.

@ David bhah! Just an off day bud. You know you can do it and some. I find my pinch really needs to be warmed up good to get any kind of performance. I've had a few days where I struggled with 40# to start with but kept pushing and I'd either get a volume or weight PR after 40 minutes or so.

You're right Jason. BTW in Canada I hear 40lbs only weighs 20lbs

:tongue

You're right Jason. BTW in Canada I hear 40lbs only weighs 20lbs

:tongue

True. It's due to our elevation and proximity to magnetic North. I hear it'd be about 17.2# in Sweden :trout

TTK

Negatives

LH: 13,25 kg x 1 (PR)

RH: 18 kg x 0 (not even close)

Bar Twirling

Vbar + 3 kg = 4,4 kg:

RH: 7 reps, 5 reps

LH: 5 reps, 3 reps

155 cm long bar:

RH: 1 minute, 34 seconds.

LH: 1 minute, 10 seconds (then I dropped it).

Vbar with no extra weights:

RH: 2 minutes, 10 seconds.

LH: 1 minute, 10 seconds.

--

All in all, improvements in all twirlings. Off course happy with the PR in LH TTK as well!

Week 4, Day 2:

34 reps - 34 reps done.

40 reps - 40 reps done.

34 reps - 34 reps done.

34 reps - 34 reps done.

Max (at least 49 reps) - 80 reps done. Time: 5 minutes, 2 seconds.

I put max attempt at max time around 5 minutes. To try to keep it more intense.

Just when I was done with the hindu squats and had wrote in down here, I tried grippers:

LH: CoC #2, 5 reps (PR!).

RH: First 2 misses on CoC #3. Often when I know the strenght is there, but I dont get the right feeling for it, I watch John Eatons EXCELLENT guide video of how to parallal setting a gripper. After I watched for a minute or two, I made a good single on CoC #3.. Thanks, John! :cool