Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Grippers

RH: CoC #3 - 3 attempts. One roughly counted 5 sec crush! Off on the first 2 attempts.

LH: CoC #2 - One roughly counted 10 sec crush (PR in longest CoC #2 crush).

Roll Ups

Total Weight: 2,76 kg (6,08 pounds):

RH:

1 succesful Roll Up.

LH:

1 succesful Roll Up (PR).

Tabata

Deadlift (Mixed grip):

78 kg.

Set 1: 7 reps

10 seconds rest

Set 2: 6 reps

10 seconds rest

Set 3: 5 reps

10 seconds rest

Set 4: 5 reps

10 seconds rest

Set 5: 4 reps

10 seconds rest

Set 6: 4 reps

10 seconds rest

Set 7: 4 reps

10 seconds rest

Set 8: 3 reps

--

Some notes:

Due to my lack of not having a good clock for this Tabata, the rest part was on most sets some seconds longer then 10 sec. One set it was about 20 sec of rest. I tried to hold a check on the time, using 2 cellphones.

My technique was probably not the best on many reps.

--

This feelt awesome for my stamina, which currently is bad. I actually throw up afterwards..

I think I will be able to build up a good stamina with the help of Tabata!

Next time in Tabata deadlift, I will most probably use the same weight, if not 73 kg.

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Congratulations to your grip and bending PR.

Thanks David.

David I have a question for you. What's the next logical step after IM blue nail? Cut it down? Or what kind of steel would you recommend? Perhaps some thicker HRS? Thanks man.

Thanks David.

David I have a question for you. What's the next logical step after IM blue nail? Cut it down? Or what kind of steel would you recommend? Perhaps some thicker HRS? Thanks man.

If you can get your hands on some 8mm HRS(varmvalsad S235JR) that should do the trick. But don't get that one from maskindelen.se for some reason all their 8 and 10 mm HRS are freakishly hard to start. But if you can find another source they should in 90% of the times be right above a blue

Thanks a lot! I will check with Stålshoppen next time I order from them.

Grippers

RH: CoC #3 - 2 attempts, 2 times closed. No hold though.

LH: CoC #2 - 1 close, roughly 3 sec closed. Bad setting.

Roll Ups

Total Weight: 2,78 kg (6,12 pounds)

RH: 1 succesful Roll Up (touched PR).

Total Weight: 2,76 kg (6,08 pounds)

LH: 0 (fail)

About 4 minutes of rest, then:

Grippers

Coin Holds

RH:

CoC #2 for 24 seconds (touched PR..)

CoC #2 for 14 seconds

CoC #2 for 8 seconds

LH:

Filed down CoC #1.5 for 16 seconds

Filed down CoC #1.5 for 6 seconds

Filed down CoC #1.5 for 5 seconds

--

PR to beat for LH was 17 seconds.

Bending

DO:

IM blue nail. Bended in golf towel and bath towel. Time: 4 minutes, 45 seconds. Had problems with the techqnique here.

Rest for about 3 minutes.

IM blue nail. Failed. Bad technique AND bad wrapping.

Rest for about 3-4 minutes.

A piece of 17.2 cm Stainless Steel, 6 mm. Bended in golf towel. Time: 1 minute, 38 seconds.

Bending

DO:

IM blue nail. Bended in golf towel and bath towel. Time: 4 minutes, 45 seconds. Had problems with the techqnique here.

Rest for about 3 minutes.

IM blue nail. Failed. Bad technique AND bad wrapping.

Rest for about 3-4 minutes.

A piece of 17.2 cm Stainless Steel, 6 mm. Bended in golf towel. Time: 1 minute, 38 seconds.

I was not happy with the time on the first bend, so all pumped up I decided tryin' to bend another IM blue, on a better time. Managed to bend a IM blue nail, DO, under 2 inches (5 cm) from the insides, on 54 seconds. Which is a new PR! :D with 1 second :tongue .. so:

Bending

DO:

IM Blue Nail. Bended under 2 inches from the insides. Bended in golf towel. Time: 54 seconds (PR).

--

Yay!

Grippers

RH: CoC #3, 5 attempts, 1 weak close.

LH: CoC #2, 2 attempts, 1 close.

Tabata

Squats

Work set: 20 sec

Rest: 10 sec

Set 1: 14

Rest

Set 2: 14

Rest

Set 3: 11

Rest

Set 4: 11

Rest

Set 5: 12

Rest

Set 6: 9

Rest

Set 7: 8

Rest

Set 8: 8

--

I intended to do Tabata Squats. But after the first set I by habit started raising my heels.. :shifty I did the arm movement as well. My legs a little wider then usual when I do regular hindu squats. So this was all a crazy mix.. But all in all it worked my legs good, and especially it worked good for my stamina, which was my main goal with this exercise.

I just picked up another 5kg plate today. Time to go for that five 5kg plate pinch!

I just picked up another 5kg plate today. Time to go for that five 5kg plate pinch!

:rock :rock I'm cheering for you, David !

--

Yesterday I bended 2 IM blue nail. First in 1 minute, second in 2 minutes. Bended in golf towel. Still little problems getting my hands in the right position, but it's getting better.

Started the twohundredsitups.com program today. I do Knee-Hugs instead of Sit Ups. My goal is to dramatically increase my Max on it (12 as of today). I'm starting on week 1. I will do my best to actually complete the program and not go with my bad history of quitting programs I start!! More goals with the program is to be able to do Knee-Hugs and similar exercises in programs such as Tabata and Amrap.

I will probably only update sporadicly about this program though.

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

Bending

DO:

IM Blue Nail. Bended in golf towel. Time: 1 minute, 48 seconds.

Lots of attempts, bad technique and wrapping. It went under 2 minutes eventually though, which i'm happy about

Rest for about 3 minutes

14.9 centimeter piece of 6 mm Stainless Steel. Bended in golf towel. Time: 3 minutes, 12-13 seconds.

Deadlift, mixed grip

143 kg x 1

153 kg (337.3 pounds) x 1 (PR)

Fat Gripz Deadlift (DO)

103 kg x 0

88 kg x 1, 1

88 kg one time thumbless, one time with support of thumbs.

One Hand Deadlift

RH: 88 kg x 1

LH: 88 kg x 1

88 kg = 194 pounds.

--

I haven't been doin' very much deadlift yet. Today was PR with 2,5 kg (5,5 pounds). 153 kg is pretty much the max I can get on my short barbell. When I can rep several times on 153 kg I plan to start visiting a gym to be able to lift heavier. My dream in deadlift is to one day lift 300 kg (661,38 pounds)!! If I someday do it, It's a long journey there, but I don't exactly plan to stop training.. im in it for life! ;)

My grip got exhausted in the 153 kg deadlift, even though I had mixed grip, so I quickly put down weights to the grip exercises. Maybe I could have lifted 153 kg in DO, but I didn't wanna risk anything.

In one hand deadlift I had big problems getting my hand in the right position. I could have lifted 88 kg multiple times if I had gotten a better position quicker.

Deadlift is fun..

Bending

DO:

IM blue nail bended below 2 inches from the insides. Time: 47 seconds (PR).

--

Because i'm in a hurry and have to leave home about.. NOW.. I only bended one piece of steel. But i'm very happy to hit PR again!! Closing in on the below 30 sec bend :D

Inspired by a thread in the gripboard section I earlier tried to pinch my 12 kg Kettlebell with the kettlebell upside down. Managed to pinch it once with RH, not close with LH.

Also tried some Flips with the 12 KG kettlebell. Strenght Wise it's OK, just need to get better at the teqnique. I think it's a good exercise.

Closed CoC #3 earlier (RH). Miss on CoC #2 with LH, think I was just "off" at the moment there.

Tabata Kettlebell Squats (ATG)

12KG (26.45 pounds) Kettlebell.

Set 1: 11 reps

Rest

Set 2: 11 reps

Rest

Set 3: 10 reps

Rest

Set 4: 8 reps

Rest

Set 5: 7 reps

Rest

Set 6: 6 reps

Rest

Set 7: 7 reps

Rest

Set 8: 6 reps

--

I have gotten myself a GymBoss Clock to use for Tabata. First time with it today, worked great! So the timing was good today, besides to bad as in the Tabata Deadlift a while ago, when I didn't have the clock. So i'm really happy with it.

Same weight next Tabata Kettlebell Squats (ATG) workout.

Miss on CoC #2 with LH, think I was just "off" at the moment there.

Yesterday I closed CoC #2 with LH, on a later second attempt.

Bending

DO:

IM blue nail bended to 1.22 inches (3.1 centimeters) from the insides. Time: 43 seconds (PR).

Bended in single IM pads !! I had never succesfully bended a IM Blue Nail in single IM pads before.. so it felt awesome to bend in PR time + to bend it below 4 centimeters (1.57 inches).

--

Starting to work on my chin ups today. I can't as today do not even do one. I'm starting grease the groove with negative chin ups today. Starting light to progress to more as I move on.

Today, just now, I finished Week 1 on the twohundredsitups.com program. Onto Week 2..

Thanks Ben! Getting closer and closer to below 30 sec IM Blue bend =]

Very Quick Roll Ups session to attempt to beat PR:

Roll Ups

Total Weight: 2,81 kg (6,19 pounds):

RH:

3 attempts,

1 succesfull Roll Up (PR)

LH:

1 succesfull Roll Up (PR)

+ one time very close

--

Yay! :tongue

With RH, PR with 30 gram (1.05 ounces).. in Roll Ups I think it's wise to do every PR you can, how small it even can be.

Bending

DO:

IM blue nail bended below 1.57 inches (4 centimeters) from the insides. Bended in single IM Pads. Time: 27 seconds (PR).

A 12 centimeter long piece of 6 mm Stainless Steel. Failed.

--

YES! Now I have succeded with one more of my goals for this year. Now I think I will try to get it on video, before I move on to focus on another of my goals for 2011.

I don't care much about missing the 12 cm (4,72 inches) piece. Because the first bend felt awesome. Been chasing it for a a while now. :tongue

Now I just got a video on a bend of Ironmind Blue Nail, below 30 seconds. I don't think I will upload it to YouTube though. Probably just have it for my own collection/memory.

Great training day !! :D