• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• MANTHOS

• The Natural

• climber511

Manthos, you sir are a beast. :rock

You definitely have the ability to press 180kg it's just a matter of a few months training.

Beastly! That first 25K bumper plate needs a bandaide :)

Some great work going on in here by everybody! Mind if I join the race late? I need some motivation, since I'm not training for anything in particular at the moment.

Here's my best effort from a few months ago:

Some great work going on in here by everybody! Mind if I join the race late? I need some motivation, since I'm not training for anything in particular at the moment.

Here's my best effort from a few months ago:

That was a very powerful push press....! Welcome aboard! :rock

Thank you all for your comments!

My friend Sam, we reached our goal (of pressing overhead 160kgs) about 3 and a halh months earlier!

If you want, lets see what we can do by the end of the year......!

IMO, 400lbs is bordering on a world class push press. There are plenty of top strongman competitiors who can't do it. So Manthos, if you can get this it is truly something special. 450 the way i push weight overhead (push jerk i.e. with leg rebend) would be of the same standard.

Yesterday - 315 x 3, 335 x 1 x 2, 345 x 1

Strict presses tonight, standing, up to a new PR of 270lbsx1. I failed 275lbs just past the head, but then straight away hit it for a double with loose knees (i.e. not completely strict sort of how the oly lifters used to do their presses in the latter days of it if you get what i mean). I also strict pressed 220x7 afterwards, but on the last rep i leant back more than usual and popped my SI joint a bit. My SI has been an ongoing problem sometimes i just pop it and a few days later the pain has gone again. I really need to get it sorted but with the current money situation i can't afford to see an oesteopath or even a physio.

Strict presses tonight, standing, up to a new PR of 270lbsx1. I failed 275lbs just past the head, but then straight away hit it for a double with loose knees (i.e. not completely strict sort of how the oly lifters used to do their presses in the latter days of it if you get what i mean). I also strict pressed 220x7 afterwards, but on the last rep i leant back more than usual and popped my SI joint a bit. My SI has been an ongoing problem sometimes i just pop it and a few days later the pain has gone again. I really need to get it sorted but with the current money situation i can't afford to see an oesteopath or even a physio.

Very strong pressing Sam! It's good to work strict presses...It will help with the push presses.

As for your injury my friend check it out as soon as posible....don't leave it.

Manthos, thanks! I've had SI joint issues for a while. It is a strange injury, some days i am not aware of it, others it is quite painful. For some reason, it has never affected squats.

Manthos, thanks! I've had SI joint issues for a while. It is a strange injury, some days i am not aware of it, others it is quite painful. For some reason, it has never affected squats.

Look for an experts opinion Sam...Don't ignore any kind of injury.

You lift big and you have all the time in front of you and the abillity to lift even bigger...Don't let any injury step in your way.

Good stuff :rock

What's your PR on push press John?

Thanks, guys! My PR's 365 set a number of years ago. I'd like to hit 4 wheels someday.

Look for an experts opinion Sam...Don't ignore any kind of injury.

You lift big and you have all the time in front of you and the abillity to lift even bigger...Don't let any injury step in your way.

Will do, thanks buddy!

Seated presses from last night:

warmup: 1X10 with 20lb KB each arm.

Strict seated press:

135X8

185X3

205X1

225X just missed

220X1 PR

Way to go MIke! :rock