• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• MANTHOS

• The Natural

• climber511

Cheers guys ! I might make a 300 strict press a goal, aswell as continuing with the push jerks so i continue to improve my technique.

Cheers tja!

I think a bit of work on push jerking will get you to 350+ Rex. According to Chris' definition earlier in this thread the most i've ever push pressed is 308. The rebend/catch probably has probably given me 30lbs or so. How's the RC?

Cheers tja!

I think a bit of work on push jerking will get you to 350+ Rex. According to Chris' definition earlier in this thread the most i've ever push pressed is 308. The rebend/catch probably has probably given me 30lbs or so. How's the RC?

It's getting better. Today I did some pause sets in the rack with 275 (bench press), just because I didn't have a good spotter handy and I wasn't sure what to expect on my first day benching in about 25 days. A little pain, but not the bad kind.

I'm sure we would all be jerking 400 pounds or more if we spent as much time as Olympic lifters do dicking around with form. I just can't be bothered to go that route, though, because weightlifting seems to do nothing for me but cause atrophy and weakness.

-Rex

Good news on the RC Rex. Agreed on the oly lifting. That being said, form is a big part of being able to put big weight overhead IMO. Unless you are a monster with a huge bench and crazy tricep power you need half decent tech to get anywhere. Savickas and Glenn Ross are examples of 2 beasts who can just strict press 400lb+ is they need to.

Thanks Manthos. Your 340lbs looked very easy i wouldn't be suprised if you had 350 there now. You do a proper push press aswell so when you do 350 it will be a better lift than what i did anyway. :rock Now if you could give me some of your strict strength i'd be happy!

I'm going to carry on posting my overhead workouts here, but am not going to max it for a while. The main short term goal now is the 350 bench.

After benching Saturday I did some pressing work:

Seated press:

135X10

185X6

225Xfail (almost got it. I think fresh, it would have gone up for a new PR)

205X2

One arm strict presses with 60lb KB: 1X10 each arm.

225 will go up soon. Back off next time and do 185x3x3 or something lighter then go for it the week after!

After benching Saturday I did some pressing work:

Seated press:

135X10

185X6

225Xfail (almost got it. I think fresh, it would have gone up for a new PR)

205X2

One arm strict presses with 60lb KB: 1X10 each arm.

Mike I would recomend the day you're going for a PR at seated presses you hit the exercise as you said....fresh.

Your shoulder muscles allready tired from the bench presses....and something else...try to add another set from 185

to 225 , let's say 200-205 for a couple of reps , so your muscles adjust better for your top weight.

Next time 225 is for sure.... :rock

Great overhead technique Sam,Glad I didn't enter this race as I can see 180kg going up for you before the end of the year.

You should enter anyway mate!

Thanks, 180kg might be doable by year's end. I might try it at the whey power challenge if Steve decides on a press/jerk from the rack as being one of the events.

So Gents this is todays workout ,

PUSH PRESS :

Oly Bar 1x20

70 (154) x10

80 (176) x10

100 (220) 2x6

120 (264) x3

135 (298) x1

145 (320) x1

and finally following Sams example......

160 (353) x1 (Problem with the USB connection. :angry: When it's fixed I'll post the vid... :D )

YEAH MANTHOS :rock Great stuff mate can't wait to see the vid.

Let's continue the race and shoot for 400lbs.

Cheers tja!

It's getting better. Today I did some pause sets in the rack with 275 (bench press), just because I didn't have a good spotter handy and I wasn't sure what to expect on my first day benching in about 25 days. A little pain, but not the bad kind.

I'm sure we would all be jerking 400 pounds or more if we spent as much time as Olympic lifters do dicking around with form. I just can't be bothered to go that route, though, because weightlifting seems to do nothing for me but cause atrophy and weakness.

-Rex

Rex I wish you for a quick recovery.

YEAH MANTHOS :rock Great stuff mate can't wait to see the vid.

Let's continue the race and shoot for 400lbs.

400 is a lot of weight....! I highly believe that you're capable of pressing that weight Sam.

I will rest a little bit (I said that millions of times) , let my body recover 100% and I will try to follow you my friend.

I'll keep posting my workouts here (light or heavy) and I believe I'll motivate you as you motivate me for the

big lifts my friend. :rock

Awesome job Manthos! Strong stuff buddy! :rock

I'll tell you what, if you guys are going for 400, I will raise my goal to 275lbs. Great stuff everybody!

Thanks Mike...I'll be very glad to hear you pressed 275 till the end of the year...! Go for it brother....! :rock