Push Press Race!

CoC#3

Pushpressing is my new favorite. I've been making a pr almost every workout lately. I got 220 last workout, 225 and more coming right up. I know it's nothing compared to some of you monsters, but I'm happy and excited to keep improving. Breaking personal bests is addicting. When i stall out, i'm gonna have to find another awesome lift I've never pushed myself in. Hopefully I get to 315 first. :D

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• MANTHOS

• The Natural

• climber511

1x1 (from the rack), push press, 320 pounds, 2" axle. I have never done a max with an axle before. Little harder than a barbell.

-Rex

I agree an axle is harder - not by much though, maybe 10# or so. I think this is because it is harder to get your wrists back and sit it in a nice position before pressing. Nice PR Rex.

Good work monkey aswell with 220 - 2 plates next time!!

8 singles on the axle with 260. Been thinking about how I want to continue after this cycle. Since I'm involved in this race I'm tempted to start doing these from the rack and upping the weight. However, the axle cleans are really upping my grip strength. Decisions, decisions.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those who have the equipment and the training partners to do these, I recommend them highly for improving overhead strength. Bob Lipinski recommended them on another forum that I visit and they've proven beneficial.

http://www.ironscene.com/videos/3548

MANTHOS, our strict overhead presses are about the same but you're still about 25 pounds ahead of me on push press. I can't figure it out. Your form may be better than mine. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Edited by The Natural

Really nice lifts there Manthos well done buddy. I'm going to start training this again, with 400 being the mid year target. Since i hit my 352 i've done very little in the way of overhead and focused on bringing my bench up to standard.

For those who have the equipment and the training partners to do these, I recommend them highly for improving overhead strength. Bob Lipinski recommended them on another forum that I visit and they've proven beneficial.

http://www.ironscene.com/videos/3548

MANTHOS, our strict overhead presses are about the same but you're still about 25 pounds ahead of me on push press. I can't figure it out. Your form may be better than mine. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Rex, maybe you must work your coordination for that movement. I also agree with the triceps work. Stronger triceps means all around stronger pressing.

Really nice lifts there Manthos well done buddy. I'm going to start training this again, with 400 being the mid year target. Since i hit my 352 i've done very little in the way of overhead and focused on bringing my bench up to standard.

Thanks Sam.

I believe that 400 overhead is in your capabilities. Go for it...you can do it.

• 1 month later...