Race To 550?

BigJan85

550 in comp with belt only, 550 in training 2 weeks prior to that with no belt, no wraps or straps. This was in July prior to bicep injury.

I really like touch-n-go too, and always trained that way. Carries over great to strongman. Only started re-setting in order to concentrate on my form to try and hit 600.

Edited by bcpower66

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• JohanB

• BigJan85

• timstruse

Top Posters In This Topic

PR this afternoon at 515 - came up pretty easily. I think BC's technique pointers are already paying off (thanks again)

Excellent Tim! 515 is a big pull and you will probably hit a "gain spurt" and move up quick to 550.

Brent.

455 went up pretty easy tonight. Worked up to it in sets of 5, then finished with 405x6. Feeling good, no bicep pain or weakness whatsoever. Yes, I realize I'm wearing dress shoes...that's because it's "all business" in the gym!

455 went up pretty easy tonight. Worked up to it in sets of 5, then finished with 405x6. Feeling good, no bicep pain or weakness whatsoever. Yes, I realize I'm wearing dress shoes...that's because it's "all business" in the gym!

Yo comon, your in the wrong thread, I think your joshin us till your arm heals up.

Rico

Looks solid - nice work.

Thanks guys. Certainly feels like I'm good for more, but my bar speed off the floor is compromised by my lack of confidence in the bicep tendon. Every time I hit a PR, the fear fades and the speed comes back until I bump the weight up. At least it's going in the right direction!

Competition tomorrow for my part.

Events will be (the order may be different):

Deadlift, maximum repetitions with 260kg

Logpress, maximum repetitions with 105kg - all reps from the floor

Conans circle: somewhere between 200-250kg in the handle

Medley: farmers wlk 120kg/hand + 6 tyre flips - 340kg tyre

Stones: Not sure how many but the largest one will be 160kg

There might be a wheelbarrow event with a car as well.

I´ll come back with a report on the deadlifts in this thread tomorrow.

Best of luck Johan, sounds like a great competition. I don't know about you, but log press kicks the poop out of me. Post a vid of the deadlifts!

Brent.

Just came home. I´m now the second strongest man in Sweden in the -105kg class.

I pulled 6 reps with 260 in the deadlift in less then 60 seconds. I almost pulled a 7th rep but ran out of air. I only had about 10cm left before a complete lockout and the world started to disappear.

I´ll come back with a full report in a new thread later on. I´m already way off topic here. Sorry about that.

Guest Bullitt

Just came home. I´m now the second strongest man in Sweden in the -105kg class.

I pulled 6 reps with 260 in the deadlift in less then 60 seconds. I almost pulled a 7th rep but ran out of air. I only had about 10cm left before a complete lockout and the world started to disappear.

I´ll come back with a full report in a new thread later on. I´m already way off topic here. Sorry about that.

Awesome job!

Great lifting Johan!

Rico

Update:

Got 525 to my knees this past week. I'm hoping to lock it out this week. All no-belt pulls.

Good work Frank. When you get the bar that far, just(!) physically push your hips forward to lever the bar the rest of the way up. You will get it.

Good work Frank. When you get the bar that far, just(!) physically push your hips forward to lever the bar the rest of the way up. You will get it.

The trick is to contract the glutes as hard as possible. This will push the hips forward strongly.

Hey fellas, I haven't been on the gripboard in atleast a month or so because I've been pretty busy with a lot of other things which means I haven't been deadlifting like I should be either. I got back into it last week and this week I figured I would see where I was at and pulled 525 for a single with no belt. It came up easier than the 525 that I pulled with a belt a couple months ago so that makes me somewhat happy. I feel like if I get back to DLing regularly I can pull 550 with a belt in a few weeks or so.

BigJan, congratulations on hitting 525. Hope your training goes well, sounds like you'll hit 550 in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

if you're looking for a good and short program that put up you 1rm in 6 or 8 weeks this is the best:

http://www.weightrainer.net/spreadsheets/strength.html this is a russian cycle based on a pyramid system,was presented by Verkhoshansky,the famous soviet coach...it usually put up at least 15 pounds in 6 week to every lift.

Wednesday night I'll be going for 550. Hopefully I can get some kind of video. If I get it I think I might take a break from deads for awhile and focus on bringing my squat up. Its only at 425 right now and I'd like to bring it up to around 475 within the next couple months.

Wednesday night I'll be going for 550. Hopefully I can get some kind of video. If I get it I think I might take a break from deads for awhile and focus on bringing my squat up. Its only at 425 right now and I'd like to bring it up to around 475 within the next couple months.

Super! i hope you get it!

I wanted to increase my squats after reaching 550 on the deadlift too but i just missed the deadlift too much. When you reach your 475lbs goal or if you wanna keep deadlifting, come join us in the 650 race!!

Edited by alexis

Managed to pull an easy 505 tonight! First time over the 500 mark since July 09 (surgery date) and 50lbs over the last max effort single. Raw, no belt.

Brent C.

Good work Brent, I did 500 last sat but I started messin with blobs and didn't try any more lifts then swiched to rack pulls.

Rico

Nice work. On track for 550 soon or are you just toying with me. I'm about 6 weeks out from giving it a go. I gots to gets me a blob or two! Looks like fun.