Race To 550?

BigJan85

Well I tried the 550 again tonight and STILL couldn't get it :angry: I dont know what the hell the deal is but its extremely irritating. After my 5x5 with 455 2 weeks ago I was sure I would be able to pull it. Could it have been that my body was still recovering from that workout?? On a side note I one hand pinched 2 45's to near lockout tonight. Ive never even gotten them off the ground before so I was happy. Next week I'll try the pinch again and hopefully get a lock out on tape.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• JohanB

• BigJan85

• timstruse

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering who was all left in the race and if it's too late to join. I'm doing the 5/3/1 and last best pulls was 390 for 10 so this puts me at 520 on 1RM calculator. But I think I can do more I always run out of wind before strength and have pulled 800 off of pins before. My bodyweight is 240 right now as well.

Tim

That's awsome! Way to go, nice lil gym too.

Rico

awesome pull Tim!! congrats, that was a really solid pull. I need to really get on this before too many more people pull 550.

5-15-10

Went to a get together at Westside Gym in Grand Rapids MI called Deadliftpallooza put on by West Michigan Powerlifting. There were about 40 guys who got together and deadlifted. The atmosphere was great.

135-8

225-5

275-3

315-1

365-1

405-1

455-1

485-1

515-1 Raw PR

525-0 If I would have made it would have been an all-time PR, I did 520 assisted 5 years ago.

Had a great time and the best lift there was a 198 pounder who pulled 680.

5-22-10

Deadlift off 2 inch box

135-5

185-3

225-3

275-1

315-1

365-1

405-1

435-1 belt on

465-1 PR last 2 singles were very hard

Stiff legged deadlifts off floor

135-5

225-5

275-5

315-5

Bent rows a-axle

Rolling thunder

One arm plate pinches

Sit ups

Guest Bullitt

Week 1, cycle 2 - 5/3/1. Messed up before the workout. Made a 32oz glass of Koolaid but read the directions wrong. Used 4 scoops (enough for 2 quarts)instead of 1 :blush . Couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with it, but drank it anyway. Was feeling pretty sick as the sets went on. Almost puked after 9th rep of last set. :laugh Cardio is still an issue with these longer sets. Had I not been throwing up in my mouth, and could get some air, I might have had 1 more in me.

295X5, 340X5, 385X9 (1 more rep and 15 lbs more than week one last cycle).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaQv0jV_WzQ

Guest Bullitt

We started off the workout at Jedd's today with pulls. Not the best thing to do after a 6 hour drive, but I pulled 455 DO very easily. Started up with 500 (mixed) but my lower back felt all wrong so I aborted. Still the first time I have ever broken 500 off the ground and I got it a good 6" up before deciding today was not my day. But that gives me confidence that properly warmed up at the end of this 5/3/1 cycle I'm on, I will pull 500.

Good work mike! Save the 5 bills for after the 531, what did jed and the other guys hit on deads?

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Good work mike! Save the 5 bills for after the 531, what did jed and the other guys hit on deads?

Rico

Jedd did 500 DO. Check out the vid I posted above in the " another great workout at Jedd's" He got it pretty easy. Frank pulled 455 with me I think and stopped. He was too busy lifting everything else in sight. HAHA

Couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with it, but drank it anyway.

Hahahahaha...at least I'm not the only one who does stuff like that!!

Awesome job BTW. I just started doing deadlifts and can only dream of hitting that much right now. The other day when I hit 315 I felt my form getting shaky so I stopped there but I'm starting 531 this week for deads and bench.

Guest Bullitt

Couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with it, but drank it anyway.

Hahahahaha...at least I'm not the only one who does stuff like that!!

Awesome job BTW. I just started doing deadlifts and can only dream of hitting that much right now. The other day when I hit 315 I felt my form getting shaky so I stopped there but I'm starting 531 this week for deads and bench.

Yea, my wife says I'm an idiot, but I just replied, nope... just a typical man. :laugh When I first started pulling about 2 years ago, after my back surgeries, I couldn't pull 315. It feels really good to be flirting with 500 now. Rick Walker has me on an abreviated 5/3/1 (8 weeks) to get me over 500. So far, so good.