Race To 550?

BigJan85

Anyone with a deadlift around 500 want to race to 550? I just pulled 500 for the first time last week and am trying out the Russian DL program in hopes of pulling 550 in the near future. I figured a little friendly competition with a few people on here would help me reach my goals a little quicker.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• JohanB

• BigJan85

• timstruse

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ill try, however I'm taking a excellerated microbiology class and I don't get to train so much. It sounds like a great goal to shoot for.

Rico

I'm taking a excellerated microbiology class

Just reading the word 'class' makes me cringe!!! Then you add 'microbiology' and it's excelerated? All I can say is YIKES!

Well ,what the hell this tendonitus was slowing me down anyway, so might as well m.ake it official.

Rico

Magnus and Rico, whats ur current max?

I pulled 5 bills about a month or so ago, but haven't been too serious since this class started but on the other hand I have been doing squats though. Ill DL tonight and do do some low reps to see where I end up and let you know, if its anything id like to show off ill have my camera ready to share it with ya, I'm also in the pinch 2 45s race too.

Rico

Blackdog, yea I'm cringing every day for 4 hours and all night studying too.

Rico

I'm going for 470 tomorrow. 450 was pretty easy last time I pulled it.

Frank,

If you get down my way to pick up those squat racks try to make it a Sat. I pull deads on Sat. and I bet with some friendly competitive intensity you could pull 500. Competitive intensity and amonia caps work wonders! LOL

Frank,

If you get down my way to pick up those squat racks try to make it a Sat. I pull deads on Sat. and I bet with some friendly competitive intensity you could pull 500. Competitive intensity and amonia caps work wonders! LOL

Yeah its amazing how much lifting against another guy will help ya out. If you pull with Oscar I'm bettin u will be close to 500 because when I pulled 5 last week I hadnt really deadlifted regularly for a couple months and my last max was 470 but I pulled with a guy who I'm quite competitive with at my gym and when I saw him pull 5 I knew I had to get it too.

Frank,

Hmmm, maybe I'll just do rows tomorrow and save the deads for then :cool

ok i did #500 tonight, i did a video but on my phone and the board wont let me upload. then tried 540 520 510 after, in that order. should have tried 510 first instead of jumping right to 540. oh well ill try again in a couple weeks.

rico

Did my first day of Russian DL Program. It called for 6 sets of 2 with 80% of my max (405). Pretty easy but it only gets tougher from here. Week 3 has me doing 6 sets of 6 with that same weight. That should be a challenging day to say the least.

That's week 2? F that, hope you got a strong back, those russians must think were crazy, that's training for the olympics . I haven't done anything yet

Rico

I think i will also join. I pulled 455 as my PR a couple of weeks ago, but i have not really trained with DL for about a year. I could use some motivation to get started again. I have a Tactical Strength Challange coming up in September and i really need to pull 550. This is just raw pulls right? no straps? Just wanted to make sure.

Still nothing to report here, school is killing me now.

Mike k

I just do raw lifting, I don't know about the other guys.

Do you guys mind if I join in? I'm gonna use Coan-Phillipi to hopefully get up to 600 raw in the next couple months.
I think i will also join. I pulled 455 as my PR a couple of weeks ago, but i have not really trained with DL for about a year. I could use some motivation to get started again. I have a Tactical Strength Challange coming up in September and i really need to pull 550. This is just raw pulls right? no straps? Just wanted to make sure.

Hell yea guys!! The more the merrier.

Mike, yes these are raw pulls.

Just finished week 1 of Russian DL program and so far so good. The soreness in my back muscles has worked out and I'm ready for week 2. I have limited my other training like the program says to do and can see my max going up atleast 30 pounds at the end of this.

Ok, i just pulled 475. Not bad actually. I may have had some more but i will wait a little and try to get back on track. This is already getting me motivated about DL again, Thanks

May I include a personal race to 700?

I´ve done about 660lbs (300kg) and aim for 317,5kg now. Hopefully it will be a tripple bw deadlift.

It will take atleast a year or so though.. I think =)

Sure join in Johan, let us know your progress

Rico

Day 1 of week 2 of the program called for 6 sets of 4 with 405. I wish I could say it was easier than it was. I was pretty dang beat after the last set. Wednesday is 6 sets of 3 with that weight and then Friday is 6 sets of 5. Its gonna start to get pretty brutal I think. On a side note I brought my COC #2 for my deadlifting partner to try and he no setted that thing on his second attempt. He does no specific grip training but after seeing that, I really wanna get him interested in it.

Johan, nice to have a guy in here already pulling over 100# over my goal because that will make me bust my butt that much harder to hit the 550. Good luck on 700 too!!

Big jan

Can you post your workout or where can I see it maby I could see where I could jump in if its right for me

Rico

May I include a personal race to 700?

I´ve done about 660lbs (300kg) and aim for 317,5kg now. Hopefully it will be a tripple bw deadlift.

It will take atleast a year or so though.. I think =)

How long have you been training for buddy?

Edited by taekwondo911