Race To 550?

BigJan85

Scott, progress is a lil slower than I thought it would be partly due to not deadlifting as intense as I should be lately. Im going for 525 on monday though. If I remember right u were tryin to hit 600 right? How did that turn out?

No worries. You'll be well rested for when you pull heavy again. :tongue Good luck with the 525.

Yeah I was going for 600. I pulled a fairly easy 580 a few weeks ago but I pulled an adductor doing box squats so my deadlifting is kind of on hold right now because I can't even get down to the bar in my sumo stance.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• JohanB

• BigJan85

• timstruse

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry fellas I've been off the board for quite awhile now as I haven't had a working computer. I have been doing moderate deadlifting and within the past few weeks I've incorporated rack pulls into my training. I usually work up to about 670 or so from the knee which feels mighty heavy for me. I noticed that these are making regular deadlifts from the floor feels quite a bit lighter as they should and last night I ended with 475 for a triple. I would say that I could pull 520-525 right now for single but Ill test that out in a couple weeks and post the results.

Any progress from you guys?? Its been a bit since the last post.

Also Alexis, what did u end up pulling when you maxed after the 4th week of ur program?

I did not max out i just stopped at around 500Lbs.

I was way too damaged by previous weeks of training.

I decided to follow the program and not be over ambitious.

Man, i even took a week off from training this week cuz i started to feel taxed out, moody and unable to finish my sessions (obvious signs of overtraining). Nevertheless, 500 felt very comfortable...hurry up guys i can feel that 550 mark around the corner.

Very productive session this evening for Week 1. Goal for tonight was 14 singles at 365, no belt, standing on a 1" plate. Focus was on consistent set-up and fast bar speed. Hit all lifts with good bar speed, even rep 14 shot right up w/ no slowing. Followed by 2 reps @ 525 for a lockout and 6 second hold (tonight was only the top 6" of the ROM, will lower pin one notch next week). No injuries tonight, but the lockouts were very tough given the abuses of Aaron's grip comp on Saturday. Next week is 420 for 10 singles, no belt, no plate. Hope you gents have a good week.

Edited by Tim Struse

Deadlifted last night and hit 525 for a single. It was pretty tough and I really dont think I could have gone any heavier but I was happy with it. 25 pounds to go!

Deadlifted last night and hit 525 for a single. It was pretty tough and I really dont think I could have gone any heavier but I was happy with it. 25 pounds to go!

Great work you may just win, school is still kicking my butt

Rico

Lower back felt excellent this workout. I hit 210kg*10 in the long deadlift. By long I mean that I stand on weight plates so that the top of my feet touch the barbell while it rests on the floor. The elevation is so high it´s impossible to bring the barbell all the way in to the shins.

I´m on my way back in the deadlift again, feels great!

Just finished with 425 for 10 singles, no belt. All 10 came up fast w/ no straining, felt like I left some reps behind. Finished with two singles of lockout/hold from the rack, one pin lower than last week, at 525 then 555. Next week will be 460 for 7 singles, with a belt.

Trying to catch up to BigJan85 - nice progress bro, and nice job on the 525. The prize for winning this race should be the right to start a new race to 600. (The thought of pulling 600 is nauseating right now.)

Just finished with 425 for 10 singles, no belt. All 10 came up fast w/ no straining, felt like I left some reps behind. Finished with two singles of lockout/hold from the rack, one pin lower than last week, at 525 then 555. Next week will be 460 for 7 singles, with a belt.

Trying to catch up to BigJan85 - nice progress bro, and nice job on the 525. The prize for winning this race should be the right to start a new race to 600. (The thought of pulling 600 is nauseating right now.)

Thanks dude...nice job on the 425 for 10 singles. Once you hit that 460 for 7 singles next week you'll be doin pretty dang good. Im on a 3x3 program right now which is what I was on before I pulled the 525 and it seems to be alright. Next week will be 3x3 with 475. And I agree with ya about the thought of pulling 600 right now but I think its good to have a thread like this to push to the goal.

Edited by BigJan85

310kg in the pin-pull this night. Best lift in the gym so far and exactly the same weight I´ve done in a competition (I´m always stronger when competing, all the adrenaline I guess). Pinpulls are hard for me since the lift basically start right in my sticking point (a few cm below the knee).

I used a belt for this lift but no other equipment and held the weight longer then required for a good lift.

310kg is aprox. 688lbs

I'm still in I just haven't been doing anything just squats now because school is really demanding but I am reading the posts at least.

Rico

Just finished 465 for 7 singles - all felt fast and clean. Then lockouts with 555, 605, and 635 from one pin lower than last week (these were mid-kneecap). Next week is 495 for 4 singles, then some light recovery days, and 1RM on 10/30.

Edited by Tim Struse

215kg*10 in the long deadlift this night. By long I mean that I stand on weightplates so that the bar more or less rests on the top of my feet. It´s impossible to bring it all the way in to the legs.

PR weight. Aiming to hit 230*9 in this style before I max out in the "real" deadlift. 230*9 was what I could do in the regular deadlift when I hit a 300kg pull so if I can do it in the long deadlift my regular deadlift must have gone up.

If you guys don't mind I wouldn't mind getting in on this as well. I pulled 505# no belt/wraps, etc. I start pulling again this week and have 550# as my next target.

The vid. of the lift is on my YouTube site. I can't seem to get the link to work.

Guest Bullitt

If you guys don't mind I wouldn't mind getting in on this as well. I pulled 505# no belt/wraps, etc. I start pulling again this week and have 550# as my next target.

The vid. of the lift is on my YouTube site. I can't seem to get the link to work.

:mosher

The more the merrier. Nice job on the 505 - looked like you had even more in the tank.

A.S.H. ?

Your showing your age! Cockroaches on the wall!

Rico

A.S.H. ?

Your showing your age! Cockroaches on the wall!

Rico

M.O.D. - Gross Misconduct. Good to get fired up!

The more the merrier. Nice job on the 505 - looked like you had even more in the tank.

Thanks. I'd like to see 600# before 40 if possible. I think it is if I can stay injury free. Looks like fun!

Thanks Mike.

opps i guess that was billy malono oh well its been alomg time for me i guess.

rico

opps i guess that was billy malono oh well its been alomg time for me i guess.

rico

Just happy some one out there recognized it! Not to much new can compare to what went out in the 80's and early 90's.

Nice pull man!! I agree that you had somc more in the tank too.

Im gonna go hit some DL in bout a half hour here. I missed last weeks workout so this is the week I'm goin for 3x3 @475

Nice pull man!! I agree that you had somc more in the tank too.

Im gonna go hit some DL in bout a half hour here. I missed last weeks workout so this is the week I'm goin for 3x3 @475

Good luck with the 3x3's tonight!

I've just been doing a pile of ATG squats (3x a week) and just hitting 1 work set of 5 for deads a week for the past while and seems to be going pretty good.

Everyone posting workouts or just stating what they hit for deads a week as I won't be hitting singles again for probably 6 weeks, then it'll be the 550 pull.

Curious to hear how BigJan's 3x3@475 went tonight. Shoggoth, I'd say post any DL-specific workouts. I've been posting my max effort day only, none of the speed work or auxiliaries.

Due to a problem at work, I had to do tomorrow's workout tonight under less than ideal conditions. The workout was 495 for 4 singles, Here's rep 1 @ 495, felt way heavier than it should have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAOokA1p8FA

I ended up grinding out reps 2 and 3, and failed at 4.

The 3x3 at 475 went pretty well. The last 2 reps were pretty rough and I'm sure my form wasnt the greatest but they got done. Nice job on the 495 for 4 singles Tim! I think next week I'm gonna start doin singles too and see if I can bust through some barriers with it.