Race To 550?

BigJan85

Big jan

Can you post your workout or where can I see it maby I could see where I could jump in if its right for me

Rico

The program is outlined in this article: http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/115

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• JohanB

• BigJan85

• timstruse

Top Posters In This Topic

Big jan

Can you post your workout or where can I see it maby I could see where I could jump in if its right for me

Rico

The program is outlined in this article: http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/115

I highly recommend that program. I recently did it and my raw DL went from 520 to 555.

Big jan

Rico

Wow, I'm definitely starting that one asap.

I like that too, i was doing a 5 day PTP workout from Pavel, but this will free up 2 days.

I am still just getting into DL. Do you guys use a belt? And what style DL Regular or Sumo? I am still trying to find out what works the best for me bt i was curious what other are doing. Thanks

I only use a belt when I'm going for a max. I've always pulled convential style. Never even tried sumo.

Just finished week 2 of RDLP and 6 sets of 5 at 405 today was kind of a bear.

I pull conventional and never wear a belt or anything, even for a max.

Convential, and i don't own a belt

Rico

Good enough for me, Thanks guys, I will give convential a better effort and save my money and continue with no belt.

Edited by Mike K

May I include a personal race to 700?

I´ve done about 660lbs (300kg) and aim for 317,5kg now. Hopefully it will be a tripple bw deadlift.

It will take atleast a year or so though.. I think =)

How long have you been training for buddy?

Well, that depends on how you count :D

If I include all that time when I had no idea of what the heck I was doing, 10+ years.

Not that strong though. PB´s to date are:

Squat 270 kg, belt only

Bench 170kg, wrist wraps only (do not really need them but they give me a bit more confidence when the plates pile up on the bar)

Deadlift 300kg, no belt, no straps, no suit

all PB´s are set at different bodyweight but around 100-105kg or so.

Day 1 of week 2 of the program called for 6 sets of 4 with 405. I wish I could say it was easier than it was. I was pretty dang beat after the last set. Wednesday is 6 sets of 3 with that weight and then Friday is 6 sets of 5. Its gonna start to get pretty brutal I think. On a side note I brought my COC #2 for my deadlifting partner to try and he no setted that thing on his second attempt. He does no specific grip training but after seeing that, I really wanna get him interested in it.

Johan, nice to have a guy in here already pulling over 100# over my goal because that will make me bust my butt that much harder to hit the 550. Good luck on 700 too!!

I promise I will give you a run for your money :)

Good enough for me, Thanks guys, I will give convential a better effort and save my money and continue with no belt.

I would recommend trying out both and seeing what works for you. The very first time I ever tried sumo I pulled a 20 pound pr.

Scot maby you didn't know your own strengh? Were you new to DL at th time?

I lik e th traditional cause it helps me have better squats. For some crosover which In turn powers my gripstrength by releasing gripiatude into my veins!

Rico

Yeah the reason I like pulling conventional is because it seems to have better transfer to overall functional strength for me. Ive really noticed it when helping some friends move and picking up big TVs and stuff.

Scot maby you didn't know your own strengh? Were you new to DL at th time?

I lik e th traditional cause it helps me have better squats. For some crosover which In turn powers my gripstrength by releasing gripiatude into my veins!

Rico

I had actually been deadlifting for quite a while. At least a year, probably closer to two. I wish I was still getting newby gains by then. :D

You find that conventional carries over to squats better? Weird. It's the other way around for me. Do you squat with a very narrow stance?

Gripiatude eh? I like the sound of that. :rock

BigJan I always used deadlifting as a reason to AVOID helping friends move and stuff. I wouldn't want to risk overtraining or anything. ;)

I just going to start the routine today. Can't wait to see how it works out!

Good luck with it Frank. I think itll work pretty well for ya. Just make sure to limit your other training especially when u get up into the later weeks cuz it will take pretty much everything you've got.

Guest Bullitt

Good luck with it Frank. I think itll work pretty well for ya. Just make sure to limit your other training especially when u get up into the later weeks cuz it will take pretty much everything you've got.

Yes Frank, I think you should stop benching altogether. Don't worry about the bench press race buddy. We'll wait for you to finish this. ;):whistel:inno

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys , well my class was over on. Wed. B- in microbiology! Yea! And I haven't done any deads since before we started 6 weeks ago. So tonight I pulled

225 x 10

315 x 10

500 x 1

515 x NL

Oh well I tried, I know it sucks, hopefully ill get to workout more soon. I start anatomy tommorow for another 6 weeks. So we'll see what happens as far as workin out goes.

I also did some thick bar double overhand lifts too so ill post that as a video and youns can check it out. That was a first for that lift though and I was beat.

Ps. My back feels great!

Rico

• 3 weeks later...

dang its been a bit since anyone posted on this thread but hows everyones progress going??

Frank, did u ever start the russian deadlift program?

Rico, have u DL'ed since 2 weeks ago when u did the 515 attempt?

I never fully finished out the program but i got past week 4 and it was beating me up pretty good and I wasnt able to finish some of the workouts. I know that my base is a lot stronger because 405 feels much lighter than it ever has. I think my max has prolly gone up too but I havent tested it again. Ill probably try for 525 at the end of next week or start of the week after.

I was actually looking for this post the other day, but I couldn't find it for some reason and I thought it was erased.

No lifting for me, I'm bumming. I'm taking anatomy in a summer course and I feel like a sinking ship all these hours studying and I'm a hair away from failing and its only half over right now. Ill need drop out of the race for now, but if I do anything for deads ill post it here. To get to 550 ill need to squat more and I just don't have that time now.

Parris

dang its been a bit since anyone posted on this thread but hows everyones progress going??

Frank, did u ever start the russian deadlift program?

Rico, have u DL'ed since 2 weeks ago when u did the 515 attempt?

I never fully finished out the program but i got past week 4 and it was beating me up pretty good and I wasnt able to finish some of the workouts. I know that my base is a lot stronger because 405 feels much lighter than it ever has. I think my max has prolly gone up too but I havent tested it again. Ill probably try for 525 at the end of next week or start of the week after.

Yeah, I did. I got a couple of weeks into it, and then some things came up, and I stopped lifting for a few weeks. I'm getting back on it now, though.

How many days does it usualy take you all before you can either work deadlifts or legs, if your doing both..

I do 2 or 3 days to a week depending on what's going on with family, I have 3 kids so we are pretty busy around here. But I still make gains because I don't get over trained. But if I wasent busy with life id do something every day. Powerlifting, strongman or grip. Try to squat twice as much as you deadlift. Invest in a full rack or one of those smith machines from dicks. Remember safety first.

Rico

I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one that has not been deadlifting lately, i took a break because my hands are beat up from bending lately. I'm getting back on track on Monday. I'll post any other updates here also.

yeahh i havent been DLing anymore than one medium intensity session a week cuz ive been workin on a short term squat goal of mine to hit 135 for 100 reps and thats been beatin my legs up pretty good but once i hit that im gonna hit deads hard again and with any luck im gonna hit that 550 soon. Kamn08, are u askin how many days between training deads and legs? If so then its usaully a day between the two for me.