• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonathan McMillan

• amaury

• bencrush

• thomas straub

Thanks gm316!

Today was my heavy coc training day, felt better then the last couple one's:

T: held for 30 count while swinging my arm into all different positions.

#1: held for 20 count and arm moved about.

#2: 5 singles, managed a few with just a finger touching my arm with the free hand.

ISG@193(2,11) x1

#3: x1 forced shut

#2:3 singles, followed by more single attempts but done in alternating pairs -left,right then left,right again. 8 pairs and the left few needing assistance shut, one more single to make an even number ;)

Outerlimit loops: 15lbs x8 rows for 5 sets

Jon@han

Guest gripmaster316

John, how close are you without force shutting the three?? If you are more than parallel what I have done to bridge the gap is tape a few pennies (3 or 4) to the belt and then do a strap hold. Starting weight?? Try 2.5 pounds, if you can do 2 or so sets for about 10 sec. up the weight. or reduce the amount of pennies.

Gripmaster,

My best to date is about 1cm, lately it's more like an inch away though. Great minds think alike as I have experimented with penny stack strap holds in the past. I reccomend trying a metal ruler instead of the belt though as a belt is too floppy and is difficult to set in the path of the handles whereas the ruler is easy to place. Once the #2 gets a bit easier I might have a go at that type of training again!

Training today:

wristplatecurl: 25x4, 25+2.5clamped x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x3,x3,x3,x3

Much better then last week!

Platepinch: 25x2 x2swings, 35x2, x10count, 45x2 lifted with two hands then alternating releases of one hand and quickly regripping, x4 each hand.

then it was off to the beach

Jon@han

Guest gripmaster316

Yes placing the belt between the handles is difficult especially with the three if you are by yourself. My brother helps me with the adjustment.

Edited by gripmaster316

Last night went awesome....here's how it went down!

Started off bending some of my 5" 40d spirals after 4 of them I wanted to try one of my 6" 60d spirals....well all the ones I've found are like rocks, I managed a 30 degree dent in one braced over my cage's safety bar...I'll have to get around to making a hearty loading pin so I can find out the poundage for bending a la Tom Black.

After I bent another four 5" spirals I made a go at my 7" 1/4" National steel rod and after a five minute battle I U'd it. Did require bracing it off my thigh though...still it's been months since I've been sucessful at bending any 1/4" stock.

Finished with another six of the 5" spirals. The sides of my index fingers seem to take a good beating from this, starting to callous up.

No claw curl to report this week. As I wimped out using the excuse of tiring my hands at work with the grippers.

Jon@han

Thursday night was my moderate coc workout, my lazy body was sending me ache messages but I plowed throught that at the beginning and ended up having a decent workout:

T: x20 count

#1: x10 count

#1+10lbs 10 sets of 4 reps felt good.

ISG@161(8,5) x5 reps, finally got some half decent tape on the handle.

Today Friday's workout:

Platecurl: 25x4, 35+clamp (37.5lb total) 10 sets of 3 reps!!!! hope for 4-5 rep sets next week.

Barbell wrist curl: 45x10,95x10, 120x8, x10 didn't have time for many warmup sets today.

Reverse barbell wrist curl: 60x16

Did some more bending today and am I ever jazzed about my sucess:

First I ended up u'ing 8 of my 5" 40d spirals. But the big news is I U'd another 7" 1/4" national stock still required a bit o' leg bracing at the beginning though...I've convinced myself that I'm a more natural bender with smaller length stock though ;)

Followed that up with more sucess, finished the bend on a pair of 5"3/16" rods that I hand dented in a past workout and then followed up with a U of another pair!!!!! Man it feels good to be getting back to square one with this stuff!!!

I really think the bending of my 5" 40d nails is paying off bigtime as the rougher metal is toughening up my hands for my bigger bending attempts.

Jon@han

Jonathan,

I am very impressed by your progress. But I'm wondering something... do you ever, before a workout, break out the #3 and give it a squeeze just to see where you are on it?

Amaury, Thanks it's good to be getting back to bending again I missed it! Quite a shock how much I lost over the past months, took me a number of sessions before I could bend 1/4" stock again.

Gazza, Great to see another member off on a bender :)

'Snott I'm one of those poor individuals who needs a few warmup sets before tackling the #3. When I try a totally cold squeeze I usually do pretty crappy.

Jon@han

Guest gripmaster316

Don't worry John your aren't the only one. I am pleased that I am making so much progress myself on the penny stack strap hold with the 3. At first My brother and I could only do about 2.5 pounds. 2.5 weeks later and we are already doing 7.5 pounds. The number 3 should go down soon.

Edited by gripmaster316

Gripmaster,

It's great that you guys are doing so well, it'd be cool to live in a house of Coc's!!!! :cool

Today's training heavy coc work:

Didn't go so well this week think my hands were tired from showing off at a family barbeque on Sunday. I'm now pleased to say I can U my 1/4" stock 7" rods without bracing now.

T: x20count

#1: xpinned for 20count

#2: 5 singles

ISG@196(9,6) left had a solid attempt not quite shut, right felt out of place on the handle couldn't get a good grip even on the start.

#3: forced shut 4 times

#2: 12 singles with most of them requiring assistance to shut....I blame the shinanigans at the barbeque.

Outerlimit loops: 17.5 x10 rows for 4 sets.

Jon@han

Nightshifts this week so I'm not expecting much out of my workouts but had a good one today:

Wristplate curl: 25x4, 25+2.5clamped x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x2

Plate pinching: 25x2 x2 swings, 35x2 x10count, x10count, x10count, x10count, x10count, x10count

shot rotation: x25 each hand standing.

Jon@han

It' s one of the exercises that Brookfield mentions in the gripmasters manual. I use 2x 6lb shots, more for a massage to my hands.

Todays bending session:

U'd 12 of my 5" spiral 40d's.

New pr by U'ing 1/4"x6" of National zinc plated stock twice. Although I've come to the conclusion that this metal is easier then a typical stock. The stuff I got from Metal Supermarket I can't even dent at this measurement.

I also tried out adding a piece of 1/8" cold rolled stock from Metal Supermarket to some bends. Wow! It's surprising how much difference the skinny little stuff adds to the resisitance. It's very springy, tends to straighten up. First I tried taping a 5" piece of it to two 3/16"x5" pieces taped together. Normally I can bend this sucessfully but with the extra 1/8 I only managed a 10-20 degree bend after many minutes of battle.

I also tried adding a 1/8"x7" to a 1/4"x7" piece and only kinked the 1/4" piece the 1/8 looks like it didn't budge at all!!! :yikes

I had originally thought I would add the 1/8" stock to bends for incremental increases of difficulty, but I might change the general plan to adding it so that when I try bending a piece without it it'll feel easier -if that makes any sense.

Claw curl: 35x10, 67.5 x6 toast...think I'll drop the weight next time and work back up to this weight again.

I also managed to powerclean my thick barbell 2" diameter @75lbs but didn't have the wrist stability to press it without a little balance help from my free hand. Oh well, got to start somewhere ;)

Jon@han

Thurs was moderate coc day:

T: xpinned for 20count

#1+10lbs x5 reps for 10 sets

ISG: toast could barely move the handle :blush

Broke out the block weights...haven't touched these things in months lost a lot of ground:

20lb blocks straight arm to overhead x5 both arms at once

30lb hexblock: one arm straight arm raise to overhead x4 singles.

30lb hex block deadlift with 10count hold x2 both hands at once.

Jon@han

Was too lazy from nighshifts to do my usual friday routine this week but I did bring some shrapnel in to work with me tonight for a great bending session:

40d 5" spirals x20, I even did one killer one with one of my 1/8" rods taped to it. thought the thing was going to go through my hands but I U'd it in two stages. Got a 10degree bend it first then but it down and came back to finish it later after bending some other stuff.

1/4" National zinc plated stock x6" bend felt good.

1/4" steelworks hr stock x7" tough start compared to the the national stock but felt easier continuing the bend compared to national stuff.

Also tried one of my 60d 6" spirals these things are killers even with bracing over my thigh I only got a 5-10 degree bend in the thing.

Still, I'm really happy with my 5" spiral bend with the 1/8" rod taped to it.

Jon@han

Gripmaster,

The coc work is going ok, kindof fustrating that I still can't close my #2 cleanly (without touching my arm with my free hand), I think the twice a week workouts is fine right now so that I can focus on other grip activities. Might give rulerholds a go with the #2 in a couple of weeks. I'm still really enjoying the moderate workouts with weight added to the gripper's resisitence so I'm going to keep that up.

Jon@han

Today was my heavy Coc day post night shifts :cry

T: pinned for 20count

#1: pinned for 10count

#2: 5 singles 3rd one had a good grind with both hands

ISG@196(9,6) solid attempt with left, right felt better then last week but way off from a good shut...think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and drop the settings on this and workup again.

#3: 6 forced shut singles, most had a poor negative component.

#2: x3 reps last ROM, x7 Last rom assisted, x3 assisted, x4 singles assisted shut.

Outerlimit loops: 20x10 for 4 sets

Dumbell thick handle: Should have been posting this all along but adding tape to a handle at every workout and weight when I can. Quite embarassing as I'm currently at 130lbs and diameter is still less then 2" although it's getting much closer. x1 deadlift l,r x1 break l,r with palms forward, x1 deadlift with 10count hold, x1 palms forward with 10count, x1 break off the ground with hand in neutral position.

Jon@han

Today's grip stuff:

Plate wrist curl: 25x4, 25+2.5clamped x5,x5,x5,x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x4,x3

Plate pinch: not so good this week couldn't budge 35x2 off the ground after my first deadlift with it in either hand, so I ended up doing some passing from hand to hand once I lifted it.

25x2 for 2 swings, 35x2 x one deadlift, x one break off the ground, x7 passes, x2 passes, x2 passes

2" barbell curl: 75x7, 85x10, 95x3, 105x3, 115x3

Shot rotation: 2x6lbs for 50 rotations each hand.

Jon@han

On nightshift just finished a bending session on site:

U'd 5" 40d spirals x25, 3 of these were with the 1/8" rod attached much easier this week then last week!!!!

3/16"x5 x2 taped together one U'd

1/4"x5.5" x1 attempt only a slight kink

1/4" x6 U'd with some effort.

The side of my index fingers are feeling pretty burnt from the effort.

Jon@han

Got up around 1530 today and did my moderate coc workout with some other stuff:

T: held for 20count

#1 rulerhold @2.5lbs: 4 seconds, 4 seconds, 4 seconds man couldn't believe how tough these were haven't done them in a long time lost alot.

#1 +12.5lbs x4,x4,x4,x3,x3,x3,x3,x3,x3,x2

2"barbell deadlift from knee: 75xheld for 10count, 165 held for 10count, 255 held for 2 count, 345 inverted grip held for 2 count, 415 x1 deadlift no hold.

block weight: 20 x3 straight arm to overhead both hands at once

30 x3 straight arm to overhead both hands at once for singles.

30 in both hands for deadlift and hold x15 seconds

35 x3 deadlifts single arm. !!!! finally got the 35 up again haven't been able to do it for months! :)

Jon@han