Proposed Program For Coc's

Jonathan McMillan

Saturday medium training on the Coc's:

Started with 2 singles with the trainer.

#1: 25 singles with full crush, grind of the handle. and another 5 reps with either a light close or not fully, no grinding noise.

Had to tape my left pinky from thurs light training and had to chalk as I had put some heat rub on my hands to assist in preping for the work.

Jon@han

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonathan McMillan

• amaury

• bencrush

• thomas straub

Guest sjeff70

Looks good Jonathan, you are progressing nicely. I haven't tried a lot of singles with the #1 in a while, but it appears that maybe my #1 is harder to close than yours. I think you can close your #1 more times than I can close mine, though we are at about the same point on the #2. Or maybe my #2 is easier than yours! Who knows. If you keep up your current pace you should surpass me. I'm making steady progress each week, so I'm content for now.

I've got two more days before I try 6 pennies. Have a strong workout tomorrow.

Jeff

Jeff,

Todays heavy Coc training didn't exactly go as planned. My hands were feeling very weak even with the trainer :( !!!!!!

Of course it probably has to do with starting a new block weight yesterday and my Ivanko Super Gripper came in the mail from PDA yesterday so I think I fried my hands.

T:x1, x1 sore and weak

#1: x1 weak weak weak

ISG: Set at 169 x1 attempt at closing 1mm away

#2 attempt x1 felt like a million miles away from shutting

#2 with 5 pennies managed a light contact with my right hand only

#2 with 7 pennies three singles with assistance with the other hand supporting the arm.

ISG: @150 something or other 5 singles.

Oh well maybe next week will go better. I can't complain as I'm trying to get better at so many different grip stunts it's surprising that I've made any gains at all

Jon@han

Guest sjeff70

We can't expect to not try a new toy when it arrives because you have a workout coming up! :laugh

That's what I hate about going over to friend's house's. You want to show them what you can do (and what they can't do) but you're screwed for that next workout. My one friend suprised me when he closed my #1 and got to within a 1/2 on my #2 on his first try. His bone structure is a bit smaller than mine but he's into martial arts and works his grip by punching.

If you got 5 pennies under those conditions, you aren't doing too bad. Keep up the good work.

Jeff

Wed, light training day:

Did 20 singles with the trainer this am at work and I brought my Supergripper in for everyone to try so I've done a fair amount of "playing" on it. ended up doing some groups of 10 reps with each hand with the setting near 120lbs. Funny one of the staff who could close the trainer before couldn't close the SG on the easiest setting.

I got some near closes with the SG set around the 195 mark. I think I'll start using it for negatives on some of my training days.

I kick myself in the butt for not ordering one sooner I love this thing :):)

Jon@han

Saturday but nothing to report.

I skipped this weeks medium workout since my grip is akin to a limp dish rag at present. I think I farted around too much with the SG this week so I could barely close the trainer yesterday for a visitor to the homestead.

Still hope to get six pennies on the #2 on Tuesday

Jon@han

Jonathan,

You've overtrained now. Give yourself a few days rest - you need it. ;)

Sybersnott,

I think your right, I'm surprised I got this far without going to far on my training ;)

Well hopefully by Tuesday the crush strength will have returned...

Jon@han

Well yesterday (tues) heavy Coc gripper training was a success. I think it was a combination of too much done last week and a little skimpy on the calorie intake last week that put me into melt down mode on the weekend. I was stilled torched by Monday, tried to do my barbell work and couldn't even finish my warmup sets. So yesterday I went off the diet and when I got home from work got buzy with the grippers:

T: x1, x1

#1 x1, x1

ISG: Thought I was putting it at 169lbs but I put it on 193lb and almost closed it, hands were kindof slippery from heat rub.

#2 x1 attempt -felt closer then my penny stack maybe 4mm?

#2 with 6 pennies: x1, x1, x1, x1, x1

ISG: attempt at 181.93 couldn't quite shut it then follwed with 3 negatives with 202.96 with a slow release.

Jon@han

Thurs, jan23 light coc training

T: 20 alternating left and right one set

ISG@119 10 closes alternating, first half I stabablized the gripper with my other hand, the remainder we unsupported.

Not too shabby, hands felt good.

Jon@han

Yesterday after work I went for my medium day of Coc training as my hands didn't feel all that tired from the bending sessions at work, here's how it went:

T: 1x, 1x

#1: 10 singles with a grind on each rep!! This is great as my left hand is usually lagging at the last part of the rom.

ISG@148 10 singles...funny this time my right arm was the weaker of the two (which is how it should be I'm left handed) and I couldn't fully shut it unless I braced the gripper with my left hand.

Outer limit loops: 3 sets of 10 bentover rows with 7.5lbs. Even this is really too much for my weak extensors as I would kindof roll my hand to the thumb side to take the pressure off my pinkie finger extensors.

Jon@han

Thanks for the response Amaury, they were single closes not reps, with anything from 30 seconds to a minute rest inbetween.

It felt great grinding the handle! I'm feeling much more confident with the grippers...I'm almost tempted to tear my 3 out of the package ;)

Jon@han

Jon,

Yes, by all means, open the #3! At first it will laugh at you, mock you, curse the day you were born. In time, it's tune will change. It's number one fear: The look of steely determination. Do not let the #2 be your biggest challenge. It is but a nuisance on your path to a more worthy adversary.

Alan

Uggh! Didn't do any of my planned Coc training today as I have been quite sick, vomitting and diarrhea. The only grip training I've had is holding on to the toilet while I barf my guts out.

Jon@han

Ahhh yes, the porcelain grip routine. I've tried it a few times, it never really worked well for me. Just be careful you don't grip too hard and crack the potty.

:D :stuart :D

I'm so glad my scoots were gone before I read your posts guys as I'm sure it would have been a disaster! Too Funny! I'm not feeling 100% today but I figured I could do some grip training -after living on gingerale for two days I don't think I could have squatted with the bar unloaded. Decided to go for a heavy Coc session and skip this weeks light session:

T: x1, x1

#1: x1

ISG@169: x1 left and a close right

#2: very close attempts 4-3mm?

#2 5 pennies: 5 single attempts. Some of them were barely contacting....think I leave the stack here until I can really mash into it.

ISG@181 close attempt

ISG@202 negative with a slow release

ISG@242 negative with a diffcult slow release

ISG@297 only a partial negative I couldn't hold it with one hand long enough to even count it

#3: Broke it out of the package and it feels like squeezing a brick with a rubber coating :ohmy

Not bad after coming back to the land of the living

Jon@han