1st Annual Woodall Grip Challenge 2009

Too Tall

The more photos the better I'm sure but I think Mighty Joe offered to do the same.

Ahh, I missed it. Either way, I think it'd be fun.

Michael

Trash talk warning...

Are you sure... you keep the numbers very quiet :D

And the pre-contest mental games begin. . . :laugh . . i love reading this shyt.

;) I'm sure there will be more. Some of the guys are experts at it. Mind you a certain well-known Brit was great but the last time we met it didn't help.

However, Paul Savage (grip nut and tenant of mine), practises very hard. The medals for the British championships arrived this morning - gold, silver and bronze effect. I showed him them and he took out the gold one saying 'this'll be mine then'. So I replied 'no, the silver one... perhaps you can claim it's platinum' LOL. I'm sure Sam etc might have their eyes on the odd medal too.

Just this past week, since the Peter Horne competition, I've been laying it on thick giving it the old 'I may well be a pinch god you know' :D Even getting a laugh from him.

It's all in fun. :cool

Trash talk warning...

If I told you my numbers then you would not come compete. I want you here Big Fella :rock

I'm surrounded on all sides... this just from Sam with his fee for the BHSA competition: ''Please find enclosed £15 to enable me to compete on May23rd and kick your arse.''.

So many to disappoint... he he ;)

Trash talk warning...

If I told you my numbers then you would not come compete. I want you here Big Fella :rock

If I told you mine - you wouldn't let me compete :blush

Trash talk warning...

Chad's training is going just fine. :rock

-Rex

Indeed. So well in fact that Rex has already got some arguments prepped for after the competition in the style of his posts on Andy Bolton and the like. ;)

Here is the list of competitors so far that have paid: UPDATED 4-20-09

Jedd Johnson

Paul Knight

Rex Hubbard

Steve Gardener - PAID

Chris Rice

Chad Woodall - PAID

Andrew Durniat

Big Wes Peart

Aaron C. (AC) - PAID

Big Dave Thorton

Brent Barbe - PAID

Ryan Johnson

Derek Graybill

John Eaton

Zach C. - PAID

If you are on this list and not competing...please let me know through PM. I am meeting with the T-Shirt guy Wednesday and Trophy guy this week to put in my order. I am trying to make this comp one to remember. 9 weeks to go :rock Get those entries in and those that have not given me your shirt size please send me a PM.

Thanks

Not sure if I'm going to be able to make this one or not Chad. I'm having stress headache problems that make it very difficult to train, especially at any sort of near max intensity. At this point I'm nowhere near ready for this comp and we'll just have to judge it day by day. If my headaches aren't better in 2 weeks or so I'll be withdrawing.

Not sure if I'm going to be able to make this one or not Chad. I'm having stress headache problems that make it very difficult to train, especially at any sort of near max intensity. At this point I'm nowhere near ready for this comp and we'll just have to judge it day by day. If my headaches aren't better in 2 weeks or so I'll be withdrawing.

I'm curious, what does a 16 yr old have to stress so much about? Don't leave me high and dry with no one to battle it out for 2nd to last place with!

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

I'm curious, what does a 16 yr old have to stress so much about? Don't leave me high and dry with no one to battle it out for 2nd to last place with!

It started with 20 rep squats, so its body stress that started it. Various stuff, I go to a college prep school so its not exactly easy livin. Insomnia, lifters aches and pains, etc. I'll try my best Zach and you should know that knowing me but that's all I can promise.

Josh, we'll see man, but $400 or so isn't cheap for a high schooler without a job to just watch.

It started with 20 rep squats, so its body stress that started it. Various stuff, I go to a college prep school so its not exactly easy livin. Insomnia, lifters aches and pains, etc. I'll try my best Zach and you should know that knowing me but that's all I can promise.

Josh, we'll see man, but $400 or so isn't cheap for a high schooler without a job to just watch.

Then compete regardless of your condition. At least you can say you did. You could have the worst competition of your life but at least you could say you didn't quit. Besides, Ryan Johnson will quit 3 events in so you'll beat at least 1 guy garaunteed.

Then compete regardless of your condition. At least you can say you did. You could have the worst competition of your life but at least you could say you didn't quit. Besides, Ryan Johnson will quit 3 events in so you'll beat at least 1 guy garaunteed.

+1... I'm not going to compete, but I'm going to try to make it. (If I had both arms, I definitely would, I might next year depending on the gains I get this year. :)

Michael

Here is a very very good example of competing with ONE arm/shoulder.

I agree - the chance is high not to win, but winning is sometimes not that important! But one thing is sure, you will earn the respect of all participants and the crowd FOREVER when you fight like the man in the video!!!!

From time to time there are comps where you simply must attend because it is a huge chance for an athlete to compete against world class athletes and fantastic guys. :D

I believe that the "Chad Champs" is one of these mentioned comps ;)

Wish u all a good prep!

Cheers

--T

Edited by moser1972

for the MGC last year I got up at 3 am and drove 6 hours with a fever. then I competed and drove back 6 hours. it was fun.

brent

Come on guys this will be a comp to remember and talked about for years. Dont vag out, step up and be there. You will have awesome memories no matter where you place. The events are definately not my best ones but I still want to be there and be part of it. :rock:rock

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

I agree - the chance is high not to win, but winning is sometimes not that important! But one thing is sure, you will earn the respect of all participants and the crowd FOREVER when you fight like the man in the video!!!!

From time to time there are comps where you simply must attend because it is a huge chance for an athlete to compete against world class athletes and fantastic guys. :D

Wish u all a good prep!

Cheers

--T

If there is an event like that, I'd try it. :)

Michael

Come on guys this will be a comp to remember and talked about for years. Dont vag out, step up and be there. You will have awesome memories no matter where you place. The events are definately my best ones but I still want to be there and be part of it. :rock:rock

- Aaron

Did you mean to put a " NOT " in there ?

Come on guys this will be a comp to remember and talked about for years. Dont vag out, step up and be there. You will have awesome memories no matter where you place. The events are definately NOT my best ones but I still want to be there and be part of it. :rock:rock

- Aaron

Did you mean to put a " NOT " in there ?

LOL, yes and I just went back and fixed it.

Thanks,

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Wish u all a good prep!

Cheers

--T

If there is an event like that, I'd try it. :)

Michael

Or is that what this is?

* Medley (1 run only) – will include 20 or more items (pinch, thick bar, bending)

Michael

Those of you that would like to compete in this contest that are not on the list and would like to give it a go...please send me a PM of your intentions.

Thanks,

Chad