1st Annual Woodall Grip Challenge 2009

Too Tall

After MUCH consideration…I have decided to NOT use calibrated grippers in my contest. There are WAY too many differences in gripper calibration and I do not want to get into guys saying that gripper cannot calibrate that high or that is too low or that gripper should be higher and so on and so on. You will have 4 attempts and I want you to be confident in your gripper choices.

SO, I have LOTS of grippers that I have used for years from CoC, Beef Builder, HG, and RB's…and I have squeezed them hundreds of times and I have them in order. There will be many grippers to choose from the top, to the middle, and to the bottom. There could be some ties…but with this selection…I doubt it very seriously. Before calibration…this is how the gripper events in contest would go down.

I will post a complete gripper list over the weekend and the order that I have…so that you can be working your strategies.

This comp is going to be AWESOME! The prize packages are set and the Plaques look awesome for 1st – 5th. And the T-shirts look great! Weights are calibrated and there should be some NEW WR's in the 2HP and the AXEL.

I hope the rest of you guys get your entry forms in soon…but if not…the show will go on and the prize list remains the same no matter what. I will not accept any late entries past the dead line…and we will go with the strong group we have…which by the way is looking VERY STRONG!

***If you have questions…send me a PM please.

Train hard these last weeks…and be safe.

Chad Woodal

This is a PERFECT idea - I have alot of grippers that don't correspond with their calibration ratings, ie... some that cal higher and feel easier than some that cal lower ......... Great idea - simply line up the grippers in order of difficulty and number them 1 through whatever

After MUCH consideration…I have decided to NOT use calibrated grippers in my contest. There are WAY too many differences in gripper calibration and I do not want to get into guys saying that gripper cannot calibrate that high or that is too low or that gripper should be higher and so on and so on. You will have 4 attempts and I want you to be confident in your gripper choices.

I agree but only in a case like this where the same very experienced gripper guy puts the grippers into sequence in advance. Otherwise I think the calibration method still has value say in the case where different peoples grippers are used in a contest setting - which often happens.

I am happy to announce that Jonathan Creason will be the head judge at my competition. He has lots of experience with grip competitions and strongman competitions. He will do great.

Thanks Jonathan :rock

Jonathon - will you accept bribes? :D Jonathon is a great guy - and was a seriously strong grip competitor before he went all Strongman on us. It will be great to see him again - great choice Chad.

Jonathon - will you accept bribes? :D

You bet I will! Let the bidding begin :D

we can split the first prize spot %60 - %40, wha'd ya say? OBO

Why are you talking for someone else... It's going to be hard to split a trophy 60/40... ;)

Michael

I can just about afford to carry my sorry ass, never mind another 231lbs of dead weight. :D

Why are you talking for someone else... It's going to be hard to split a trophy 60/40... ;)

Michael

$1000 1st prize these are the big boys!!

That's a start, do I hear 45?

I've been working hard the past couple of days getting prepped to judge. I've been sitting around all day and practicing raising and lowering my hand. I hope I don't screw this up. :D

J/K. It'll be cool to see how far the grip stuff has advanced since I got out of it a few years ago. It'll also be great to see some old friends again.

Updated PAID List: 5-15-09

Jedd Johnson -

Paul Knight - PAID

Rex Hubbard -

Steve Gardener - PAID

Chris Rice -

Chad Woodall - PAID

Andrew Durniat - PAID

Aaron C. (AC) - PAID

Big Dave Thorton -

Brent Barbe - PAID

Ryan Johnson - PAID

John Eaton -

Zach C. - PAID

3 Weeks to go till the June 6th deadline. I have put up flyers and posters around town promoting the contest and trying to get guys interested in competing. I plan on there being around 100 in attendance watching us do our thing...so we should ALL hit some PR's.

After the contest we will have burgers and hotdogs and beer at my buddies strongman training site. He has everything strongman and I have the grip stuff for anyone to do feats for as long as you want to try.

If you are having a hard time finding a hotel or a place to stay...send me a PM. Get those remaining entries in :rock

Thanks,

Chad

I can just about afford to carry my sorry ass, never mind another 231lbs of dead weight. :D

Another? Are you implying that what you were already bringing is dead weight??? ;):D

Updated Paid List - 5/18/09

Jedd Johnson -

Paul Knight - PAID

Rex Hubbard -

Steve Gardener - PAID

Chris Rice - PAID

Chad Woodall - PAID

Andrew Durniat - PAID

Aaron C. (AC) - PAID

Big Dave Thorton -

Brent Barbe - PAID

Ryan Johnson - PAID

John Eaton -

Zach C. - PAID

We have 9 PAID and only 4 more to go. I have worked VERY hard on this contest to make it GREAT! I am excited to have ALL of you in my hometown :rock

Jedd Johnson -

Paul Knight - PAID

Rex Hubbard -

Steve Gardener - PAID

Chris Rice - PAID

Chad Woodall - PAID

Andrew Durniat - PAID

Aaron C. (AC) - PAID

Big Dave Thorton -

Brent Barbe - PAID

Ryan Johnson - PAID

John Eaton -

Zach C. - PAID

We have 9 PAID and only 4 more to go. I have worked VERY hard on this contest to make it GREAT! I am excited to have ALL of you in my hometown :rock

That's one hell of a line-up!

Jedd Johnson -

Paul Knight - PAID

Rex Hubbard -

Steve Gardener - PAID

Chris Rice - PAID

Chad Woodall - PAID

Andrew Durniat - PAID

Aaron C. (AC) - PAID

Big Dave Thorton -

Brent Barbe - PAID

Ryan Johnson - PAID

John Eaton -

Zach C. - PAID

If they all showed up at a Buffet the restraunt owner would crap his pants. :laugh

Jedd Johnson -

Paul Knight - PAID

Rex Hubbard -

Steve Gardener - PAID

Chris Rice - PAID

Chad Woodall - PAID

Andrew Durniat - PAID

Aaron C. (AC) - PAID

Big Dave Thorton -

Brent Barbe - PAID

Ryan Johnson - PAID

John Eaton -

Zach C. - PAID

If they all showed up at a Buffet the restraunt owner would crap his pants. :laugh

that's funny .............. I would crap my pants afterwards

Jedd Johnson -

Paul Knight - PAID

Rex Hubbard -

Steve Gardener - PAID

Chris Rice - PAID

Chad Woodall - PAID

Andrew Durniat - PAID

Aaron C. (AC) - PAID

Big Dave Thorton -

Brent Barbe - PAID

Ryan Johnson - PAID

John Eaton -

Zach C. - PAID

If we all crapped our pants afterwards, the plumbers hired to clean up the mess and unclog the toilets would crap their pants which would leave the bathrooms downright ewwwy. The biological cleanup crew hired shortly thereafter would also crap in their biohazard suits at the sight of all the crap. It would be everywhere.

If we all crapped our pants afterwards, the plumbers hired to clean up the mess and unclog the toilets would crap their pants which would leave the bathrooms downright ewwwy. The biological cleanup crew hired shortly thereafter would also crap in their biohazard suits at the sight of all the crap. It would be everywhere.

Dude...step away from the weed...and you need to shoot down a little :phone

Edited by Too Tall

Dude...step away from the weed...and you need to shoot down a little :phone

haha, I have never heard that expression before... unless... unless it means exactly what I think it means :laugh

4 weeks to go till "Game Time" :rock

Everything is set and ready to roll...Be safe these last few training weeks.

Chad

Grippers - same as they ever was - I suppose I should do more than 3 reps in a workout but I probably won't ever do it

Pinch - doing OK - a little progress lately

Axle - down a little - low back and grip fail about the same place

RT - is down, not sure exactly what the problem is but it's not getting any better and maybe worse

Medley - WOW where to start? I've put together a somewhat similar medley to Chad's but with weights I can lift - I have been making some progress and slowly adding weight to each item but there are still only a few items I feel I'll pick up. I am getting stronger and that's a good thing though.

Training has been going pretty well but still having low back issues - I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and seeing what all gets done - it's going to be a very exciting contest with more than a few surprises I think. I've been trying to fill up a bucket with some Geezer Power but just have a thimble full so far :blush