Steve Gardener

Chris Rice

Chad Woodall

Andrew Durniat

Aaron Corcorran

Brent Barbe

Ryan Johnson

Zach Coulter

This is a STRONG group...and I look for some records to be set :rock See you all in a couple weeks...be safe.

Chad

Sorry to say but it looks like I might not be able to attend to take pictures

for this event. :(

I was informed today at my main job that my hours would be cut nearly in half starting

today. This is devastating news! I'm near panic stage right now.

My photography business that I do on the weekends has dropped way off

due to the poor economy. In 2007 I shot over 80 outdoor portrait sessions. This year

I've shot 2.

I'm still hoping there's some way I can make it but it doesn't look promising at this point.

I had big plans on the possibilities with these photographs so I'm not giving up easy.

I'll let you guys know for sure by weeks end. My apologies to such a great group of athletes

if I can't make it.

Stay Strong!!!

Edited by Mighty Joe

trying to put a dummy score sheet up.

Edited by Too Tall

I have tried to figure out how to post the table...but no luck. Just look at it slowly and you can figure out how the scoring is set up.

Thanks

Grippers 2hp AA RT Medley Total Placing

Chad W. 11 1 11 1 11 35 10th

Jedd J. 10 1 10 2 10 33 8th

Steve G. 9 1 9 3 8 30 6th

Chris R. 8 4 8 4 8 32 7th Tie

Aaron C. 7 4 1 5 1 18 1st

Andrew D. 5 6 2 6 1 20 2nd

Zach C. 5 7 3 7 1 23 4th

Paul K. 1 8 4 8 1 22 3rd

Ryan J. 1 9 5 9 5 29 5th

Brent B. 1 10 6 10 5 32 7th Tie

Rex H. 1 11 6 11 5 34 9th

I doubt it will look like this…but this gives you and idea of how the scoring will go down.

Scoring: (least amount of points wins)

If there is a tie at the end of the day…then it will go to the Farmers Hold for time (250 each hand) to separate out the final placings.

1st – 1 point

2nd – 2 points

3rd – 3 points

4th – 4 points

5th – 5 points

6th – 6 points

7th – 7 points

8th – 8 points

9th – 9 points

10th – 10 points

11th – 11 points

Edited by Too Tall

so the scoring is like a bb contest then..least amount of points accumulated wins it and then in ascending order

This brings up a related question for you computers boys - or maybe one of the moderators. Is it possible to post a piece of an Excel chart? For example something like this score sheet? And if so - how?

You can post a link to a picture of the excel chart

You can post a link to a picture of the excel chart

I am a computer illiterate or idiot perhaps but a picture is doable but don't know how useful. I could do a Google Doc type thing maybe?

Oops

Why do you post "Oops"?

Also, I will not be able to make it to the contest to take pics.

FINAL LIST - 6/7/2009

Jedd Johnson

Paul Knight

Rex Hubbard

Steve Gardener

Chris Rice

Chad Woodall

Andrew Durniat

Aaron Corcorran

Brent Barbe

Ryan Johnson

Zach Coulter

This is a STRONG group...and I look for some records to be set :rock See you all in a couple weeks...be safe.

Chad

Here's my predictions for Top 5:

1st = Chad Woodall

2nd = Steve Gardner

3rd = Jedd Johnson

4th = Aaron Corcorran

5th = Paul Knight

We'll see!

Good picks Joe, I can't disagree with your order of placings.

I'll add mine with a few observations....

1) Chad W - This contest is Chad's to lose. First off he is one of the Sport's premier guys, add home town advantage, picking the events, access to equipment etc. Against this is the stress of organizing and running the event - however, I can't see this being much of a factor. My head says Chad will win this.

2) Steve G - The other Man who would be King. On a boat in the Middle of the Atlantic, 3 events each, this would be too close to call. Shares many of the same strengths as Chad. Strong throughout the events. However, I think a transatlantic flight plus back issues will really hurt his chances of the overall win, especially through the AA event, plus there is the unfamiliarity with the Medley event. My Heart wants Steve to win the Comp.

Below these two, I see a pool of guys

3) Jedd J

4) Aaron C

5) Paul K

6) Rex H

Whilst I would expect Jedd to get 3rd and Aaron to get 4th, I could see these guys getting mixed in any order.

The Strongman scoring system could really blow this thing wide open however. In some of the events 5kg could seperate four or five places. The Grippers will be close, There will likely be several people attempting the pinch record, Axle will be close etc. Someone could perform just below par and lose a lot of points very, very quickly. On some of the events (Axle for example) I would expect someone from outside the top 6 mentioned above (Andrew in this instance) to have a Joker to play.

Hometown advantage can go either way. If you've got a good crew of helpers, you can forget about the contest for short periods to psyche up. When I had a crew of good plate loaders, they would call out the weights to the scorekeeper, freeing me up. Also, the event makes a difference for me- I have to keep a second eye on the bar on a lift like the vbar to watch for dropped attempts.

I'd say Chad or Steve as well, but I always root for Jedd, especially when he isn't competing against my grip buddy Thorton.

Let's see-

Grippers-

1,2,3,4 Toss up between Aaron, Paul, Chad, and Steve.

Pinch-

1,2,3 Toss up between Jedd, Steve, and Chad

Axle-

1 Durniat I think, but that Ryan guy is good, and I don't know much about Steve here. Chad could be in mix.

Medley-

1 Chad, his show. Maybe Jedd and Steve can be in the mix. I'd say Rex might too.

Overall, I agree with Chris on the top three, though I think Rex will be best of the rest. He isn't super strong in any of the events (that I know of), but he is solid all around. We'll see though!

I (well my son) made up the score sheet - all defaults end up with me winning in a landslide - no matter what is typed in. :laugh :laugh :laugh

I've been weak as a third grader since April. Just hoping for top 10 at this point. :(

- Aaron

This is way better than filling out NCAA brackets!

The Chad: will win/tie for 1st for every event but the axle, 2nd on that one

Steve Gardener: win/tie for 1st on grippers, 2nd on 2HP, 5th on axle,2nd on RT, 3rd on medley

Jedd Johnson: 5th in grippers, win/tie for 1st on 2HP, 3rd in axle,4th on RT, 2nd on medley but will come in less than 1 sec behind Chad

Andrew Durniat: 4th in grippers, 7th on 2HP, 1st in axle, 3rd in RT, 5th on the medley

Aaron Corcorran: win/tie for 1st on grippers, 4th in 2HP, tie for 5th on axle, tie for 5th on RT, 6th in the medley

Paul Knight: all predictions assume healthy elbow: 1st/tie for first on grippers, 7th on 2HP, tie for 5th on axle, tie for 5th in RT, 7th in medley

Rex Hubbard: 7th in grippers, 6th in 2HP, tie for 5th in axle, , tie for 5th in RT, 4th in medley

Chris Rice: 9th on grippers, 5th on 2HP, 9th on axle, 9th on RT, 9th in the medley

Brent Barbe: 10th on grippers, 9th on 2HP, tied for 9th on axle, 10th on RT, 10th in medley

Zach Coulter: 11th on all events but the $100 is a charity donation considering the events and his handsize. Hat's off for even competing!

Ryan Johnson: heard stories of monsterous 2" vbar maybe?? but that's about all I know

Top 3

1st: The Chad

2nd: I'm calling the upset and picking Jedd

3rd: Mob's back will prevent a big pull on the axle and he'll bunch up with a group of people and lose to Jedd by a slim margin

4th: Durniat's untouchable axle will be huge with strongman scoring and there's a decent chance he'll secure the only true 1 point event in the contest. The other events all have a great chance of bunch-ups at 1st.

5th: AC: RT and axle will prevent a top 3 here with the competition being some of the best thickbar lifters on the planet.

Oops

Why do you post "Oops"?

Also, I will not be able to make it to the contest to take pics.

I kept trying to post the link to the score sheet...so I just posted oops. Sorry you cannot make it...maybe next time.

Thanks,

Chad

So far everyone has Andrew too low.

1. Chad

2. Steve

3. Andrew

4. Jedd

5. Aaron

So far everyone has Andrew too low.

1. Chad

2. Steve

3. Andrew