1st Annual Woodall Grip Challenge 2009

Too Tall

I'm real sorry to hear the guys dropped out, hope everythings OK.

It would have been an honor to compete in the same Contest with Wade, not to mention the other two Big guys.

Pleassssse the only honor youl ever get is from the guys from the GRIPBOARD, we are the ones who care about our own. Whats with all the politics around here ???????? everyone konws those guys work for ironmind. untill we patch into strongman events or such all we,ll be is a grip show in someones backyard. i think we are missing the big picture.

rico

Parris,

I respect your right to have an opinion. I'm sure you are a great guy. I will say that posts such as that have in the past been less than fruitful when attempting to expand our ranks and include some really strong guys. They could work for the ACLU for all many here care. If they are among the best, I would think the best here would want to compete against them.

You are a strong dude, I'm sure you understand. We are such a fringe group at the moment, that demeaning anyone, especially those that have something to offer us in regards to taking the sport to another level, is not really what we as a group really desire to do.

Your right im sorry ,i just saw something that upsetted me and wanted to comment on it. mabyi saw somethin that wasent really there. i didnt mean to step on anyones toes. i just thought it would be fun if everyone competed. especially when this grip thing is such a "nitch" in the iron game.

Parris

No worries dude, thanks for the response, much appreciated.

http://www.chadwoodall.com/index.htm

Here it is. I still have a few things to work out...I hope you enjoy.

Chad

Only suggestion I have so far is adding live links to the sponsors' web pages to get them some traffic. That increases the chance they make a sale and also increases their ranking on google because it is another website pointed to theirs.

I'm just a newcomer and all but I think it would be a good idead for the documentry team to film this comp since it has alot of high caliber grip guys attending to give sort of a titans of the grip world aspect to the film! Ithink it would be good footage for the film regaurdless. Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet but i dunno just a thought! It sounds like it will be a great event for everyone wish i could witness!!

Edited by deadgame1

If you're not sure if it's been mentioned might I suggest, just as a thought, reading that thread... you know maybe... :dry

Gotta luv zee newbs LOL. Not to worry it has been thought of.

I've bean reading this thread just scanned it before I typed that up then after I found the original thread where you guys had talked about it so I was more reffering to P.Ms or I.M.s I think that footage will be great for the film

SPONSORS:

*WWW.PERTHSTRONGMAN.COM

*John Beatty (FBBC) – prize package

*Power Systems – Gift Certificate

*Slater’s Hardware – “The 8” Monster Bell” (you Inch lifters or Inch trainers should be happy)

*Chris Rice

*Diesel Crew

*Atlarge Nutrition

*Dubthewonderscot

If there are any others that would like to compete...Just send me a PM.

I've found us another sponsor. Ken Anderson, of Anderson Powerlifting, has agreed to sponsor the contest. He'll be putting together a package of wrist wraps, chalk, T-shirts, etc. Ken's a good guy and had a great time watching the Metroflex comp.

-Rex

I've found us another sponsor. Ken Anderson, of Anderson Powerlifting, has agreed to sponsor the contest. He'll be putting together a package of wrist wraps, chalk, T-shirts, etc. Ken's a good guy and had a great time watching the Metroflex comp.

-Rex

That is awesome :rock

Just got the Slater DB in today...and it is a thing of Beauty :rock :rock :rock

You guys will LOVE this DB :rock

Chad

Chad

How about a picture?

Chad

How about a picture?

Will do.

Chad,

I'd like to help you out for this comp in any way that I possibly can - maybe being a helper or setup the contest or maybe even a "go-fer"... but what I was really thinking about is helping anyone to and from the contest from where they are staying for the comp -- I'LL BE A TAXI IF YOU NEED IT - the "Snottmobile" is ready and waiting! ;):happy.

All I ask is a small favor... and that is... I'd like a official contest t-shirt. What do you say? Also, if you need any equipment - ask me and I'll see if I have it. I have my old RT handle, which was blessed (and used) by the late great Jesse Maraunde; I've got a bunch of grip stuff, just ask. :D

Boy o' Boy. Steve getting air with 257, Jedd having pulled 255 in training, Chad being all quiet about his training(at least publicly), Wade having pulled 245 on his rigid device, Rex pulling 235... this is going to be one hell of a 2HP event providing Wade is able to make it out. 4 guys battling it out for the world record, possibly 5 if Rex somehow adds another 20lbs to his pinch. All we're missing is Martin to have the best 2HP matchup in grip history thus far.

Indeed. Some monster MM/parallel set gripper guys too. Lots of potential 4 closers will be present and a couple with good pinch numbers too. The truth is not so much a good pinch or a great crush but a damned good all round competition. That and being able to do it in a competition setting. Jedd and myself have both had air with the 116/255 you mention (my 116 was almost to lock out) but doing so after grippers... another ball game.

As much as I'd love to pull some monster world record number the better plan is to do enough to win. Strongman scoring favours a win over a big lift. If 110-kilos does the job I'll do that over a 117kg lift.

Boy o' Boy. Steve getting air with 257, Jedd having pulled 255 in training, Chad being all quiet about his training(at least publicly), Wade having pulled 245 on his rigid device, Rex pulling 235... this is going to be one hell of a 2HP event providing Wade is able to make it out. 4 guys battling it out for the world record, possibly 5 if Rex somehow adds another 20lbs to his pinch. All we're missing is Martin to have the best 2HP matchup in grip history thus far.

Rex has actually done 238ish at Aarons comp

And I wouldn't put it past Rex to get 245-250 with a competition setting and him all fired up and 2 months to train. Maybe even higher if he starts the crap talking :D

... and so did I for that matter. Gonna be a tough comp for sure. multiple #4 closers, Damn near everyone who has pulled over 230 on 2HP as well. should be pretty fun.

:D

And I wouldn't put it past Rex to get 245-250 with a competition setting and him all fired up and 2 months to train. Maybe even higher if he starts the crap talking :D

With a gratuitous yell before each attempt.

I almost forgot there will be at least 4 #4 closers there with a decent probability that Rich and/or Tex will shut an easier #4 if they make it out.

Yes, this will be an absolutely awesome comp.

Two thoughts:

1) The scoring system - needs to be set in stone here and on the website. No debates on the day.

2) To encourage yet more prizes, sponsors etc... perhaps a prize if some records were broken. The strongman scoring system, as before, encourages a win. But I'm willing to bet more than a few grip fans would like to see some big numbers. It would not bother me on the slightest if the prize package was made smaller if, in doing so, the extra was put on events. So $500.00 for winning but $100 for breaking the pinch record for example. Or, as suggested, keep the prize package as is but have $100.00, whatever, added by sponsors, for breaking records. Of course they get to save their money if we don't break a record. Not all events need have this as well, just those you wanna see big numbers on. ;)

Just throwing it out there... perhaps those with connections might consider asking their potential sponsors if they'd consider it. It's a cheap way of getting their names on the sponsor list and a nice way to earn a few bucks and encourage a record tpo be broken.

Edited by mobsterone

thats not a bad idea Steve on the WR bonus.