1st Annual Woodall Grip Challenge 2009

Too Tall

I guess the only official competitors are those who have paid.

Would you like to compete?

I cannot WAIT for this meet! Some many things i've had my eyes on to complete and even though i know i'll struggle with a couple of things..i REALLY want to get my hands on that D-STONE!

I cannot WAIT for this meet! Some many things i've had my eyes on to complete and even though i know i'll struggle with a couple of things..i REALLY want to get my hands on that D-STONE!

I think Eric has a ring at his place. We can make a D-Stone replica with weights and a loading pin and ring, very similar to the one that will be at Chad's. I bet you'll get it no problem.

-Rex

Ryan,

I am looking forward to seeing some BIG numbers from you :rock

Ryan,

I am looking forward to seeing some BIG numbers from you :rock

well we'll see about some big numbers.. my pinch anything is terrible..but i think i've got a few training ideas to help get the rest of everything else up there. As far as heavy dumbbells and deadlifts i hope to stay competitve.

Chad,

I thought I had read you pulled the 2 inch vbar out of the evnts and put it in the medley, but I didn't see it in the medley. Did you put it back into the events, or did i just miss something? Thanks

Cheers for bringing that up Jedd. If it's changed I need to stop training it and if it's changed changes need to stop so I can get on with training for the lifts and not have them changed a few more times yet. Let's have a locked down list of events come what may.

Yes or no - not eh?

Just asking for clarifcation Steve, as to whether this was a serious offer or said in the heat of the moment, as I do not meet the qualification criteria (unless they've changed recently and I've missed it, I've been away for a couple of days). As you yourself know it would take quite a lot of work to put the money together to get over there, plus it would be very difficult for me to get that time off, even at this remove.

FINAL LIST ON THE MEDLEY...NO MORE CHANGES ON THE MEDLEY...PROMISE.

Medley: Updated 3-26-09

1. 2HP - 215-225 range (full dead lift)

2. 2-45's Pinch (full dead lift)

3. 6-10's welded together (full dead lift)

4. Blob 50 (full dead lift)

5. Fat Hex 50 (full dead lift)

6. 100# Anvil from top (about 4") (full dead lift)

7. Wide Hub 45 (full dead lift)

8. 3-25's (full dead lift)

9. Inch DB (full dead lift)

10. 2" DB - 200-225 range (full dead lift)

11. 3" DB - 120-150 range (full dead lift)

12. IM Apollon's Axel - 375-400 range (full dead lift)

13. (2) 7" IM Red Nails(back to back)

14. Phone Book (vertical tear)

15. RT (it will be the new IM handle) – wt TBA (full dead lift)

16. IM Little Big Horn on IM loading pin - wt TBA (full dead lift)

17. 2" V Bar (full dead lift) - 250 range

18. 411# Dinnie Replica (full dead lift) - it will be an actual stone...VERY cool :rock

19. Narrow Hub 45 (full dead lift)

20. 3" Axel (DO) Dead Lift - around 300#'s

Edited by Too Tall

I have never used an IM Little Big Horn - what kind of weight are you thinking - just a ballpark number?

Edited by climber511

I have never used an IM Little Big Horn - what kind of weight are you thinking - just a ballpark number?

200 - 225 range

200 - 225 range

On January 23, 2005, my training diary says that my son lifted 145, I lifted 160, and Clay Edgin lifted 175. That was pretty much the first time we ever touched it, as I think I got it for Christmas. That was 4 months after Edgin came in 2nd at the first GGC.

200 - 225 range

On January 23, 2005, my training diary says that my son lifted 145, I lifted 160, and Clay Edgin lifted 175. That was pretty much the first time we ever touched it, as I think I got it for Christmas. That was 4 months after Edgin came in 2nd at the first GGC.

So Mike - 225# is going to be heavy - right? :blush

200 - 225 range

225 heavy? Naah, maybe 5-10% harder than deadlifting the Inch... :tongue

200 - 225 range

S'all good then.

-Rex

200 - 225 range

S'all good then.

-Rex

Yep. That's why you guys will be making the Big Bucks. :rolleyes

FINAL LIST ON THE MEDLEY...NO MORE CHANGES ON THE MEDLEY...PROMISE.

Medley: Updated 3-26-09

1. 2HP - 215-225 range (full dead lift)

2. 2-45's Pinch (full dead lift)

3. 6-10's welded together (full dead lift)

4. Blob 50 (full dead lift)

5. Fat Hex 50 (full dead lift)

6. 100# Anvil from top (about 4") (full dead lift)

7. Wide Hub 45 (full dead lift)

8. 3-25's (full dead lift)

9. Inch DB (full dead lift)

10. 2" DB - 200-225 range (full dead lift)

11. 3" DB - 120-150 range (full dead lift)

12. IM Apollon's Axel - 375-400 range (full dead lift)

13. (2) 7" IM Red Nails(back to back)

14. Phone Book (vertical tear)

15. RT (it will be the new IM handle) – wt TBA (full dead lift)

16. IM Little Big Horn on IM loading pin - wt TBA (full dead lift)

17. 2" V Bar (full dead lift) - 250 range

18. 411# Dinnie Replica (full dead lift) - it will be an actual stone...VERY cool :rock

19. Narrow Hub 45 (full dead lift)

20. 3" Axel (DO) Dead Lift - around 300#'s

Cool. Are the main events still the same?

Oh and did you sort out a web page / blog as suggested?

Web page will be up by this weekend hopefully...I have been working hard to complete this.

Yes, the main events will stand!

Chad

Blogs are beyond easy bro. i can help you with formatting if you need it. just let me know.

Blogs are beyond easy bro. i can help you with formatting if you need it. just let me know.

Thanks Jedd...but I am almost ready to launch this mug.