• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

We have a very nice group of sponsors this year – some well known equipment companies and some individuals or small companies who are offering some very interesting and exciting gift ideas for Gripmas outside the normal. Please take a moment and visit http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd3smrdt_15hngdzbgd to see who all supports us so that you can return the favor when it’s time for you to purchase equipment or services.

Are all you Michigan boys coming down together? You guys are welcome to crash here at my house if you don't mind sleeping on the floor. I know some people are staying at Nicks but anyone else is welcome here - bring sleeping bags etc. PM me with any questions please. We can walk downtown to breakfast before the comp etc.

Downtown is a 10 mile walk :fear

Quit giving away my secrets Chad - the plan is to send these boys on a nice long hike to tire them out some :D . Going to miss you Chad - been a while since I've done a contest without you there.

Oh! that was your plan, I was guessing it was going to be the old " heater crapped out last night" trick for us barn sleepers. Chris, you old geezer, you always have something up your wise sleeve. :bow

We have a very nice group of sponsors this year – some well known equipment companies and some individuals or small companies who are offering some very interesting and exciting gift ideas for Gripmas outside the normal. Please take a moment and visit http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd3smrdt_15hngdzbgd to see who all supports us so that you can return the favor when it’s time for you to purchase equipment or services.

This a great list of wonderful sponsors!

I just order a Herc headstrap and a new style RT from Iron mind. :rock

215# just now, on my office scale, after a full lunch. It'll be close.

213# today on the office scale; post-lunch. Right on track. Headed off to the gym for some more cardio where I'll cry tears of boredom on the treadmill

213# today on the office scale; post-lunch. Right on track. Headed off to the gym for some more cardio where I'll cry tears of boredom on the treadmill

Good job Josh! Tear it up man! We're almost the same weight now. I hit 209 the other day. Swayze called and left a message on my answering machine... it seems he wants his "look" back.

Good job Josh! Tear it up man! We're almost the same weight now. I hit 209 the other day. Swayze called and left a message on my answering machine... it seems he wants his "look" back.

If he calls again you tell Swayze just to put his pickle on everybody's plate and leave the hard stuff to me

Here's the final line up unless we have late entries show up. 16 competitors - evenly divided by weight class.

Light Weights

Chris Rice

Bob Sundin

Tim Karwatske

Scott George

Bob Lipinski

Zach Coulter

Josh Dale

Stew Rosenaul

Open Class

Brent Barbe

Jesse Reimann

Nick Rosendaul

Jedd Johnson

Jeremiah Fox

Dave Thornton

John Eaton

Clayton Gellatly

Some things for Gripmas

Grippers – please bring all your calibrated grippers and hose clamps – that way we can have the smallest possible steps between grippers. Each will be set at parallel using my calipers for fairness. Also bring any grippers you want to calibrate – either before or after.

Euro Pinch – Jedd’s Euro plus my plates are all weighed and calibrated so any PRs and records set will count. If you know your width setting, fine, if not, we’ll give you some time to figure it out. Choices will be 44 – 48 – 54 – etc. We will start narrow and finish each width before moving up – I will have plates to make each called weight very close to the same regardless of the width. Meaning 200# at 48mm will be like 200# at 54mm etc – the small plates will make up for the lesser number of rubber spacers used. The largest plates will be 25#.

One Hand DL – I think we’re going to be using Nicks Texas Power Bar – it has nice center knurling but not so much that it hurts your hands. Again – we’ll be using calibrated plates so it will be accurate.

Weaver Stick – if anyone has an extra Weaver Stick – please bring it – I’d hate to have mine break on the first attempt and then be in trouble – mine also bends just a little above 12 or 13# - I’ve been trying to find a stronger one but no luck so far. I plan to open at whatever weight someone wants – I have approximately half pound washers weighed out so we can do half pound jumps – I actually have smaller washers as well if anyone gets up to the record and wants them. As for wraps – I now have a pair of Inzers and a pair of Metals to choose from or bring your own 12” ones – we’ll discuss it at the meet. To be honest – I don’t lift any more with the wraps, it just hurts less with them but maybe that’s just me.

Medley – Hehe! You guys will love it – Think heavy and different even than last year for the most part. Please bring your lifting belts, knee braces etc – there might be a time where you will want to use them – enough said! And if you plan to try the Dinnie Stones at 734# afterwards – you might want them then too. I figure to be wrapped and strapped up like a mummy when I try those.

As usual - please bring any challenge items you have for the after contest playtime.

After some discussion and some thought - weigh ins will start at 7:00 AM. It's going to be a long day and I want everyone to have a chance to eat breakfast after weighing in and I know a couple of you are going to be close :D . So for anyone who thinks they are going to be close - get here early and then go eat a good breakfast - there's a nice little home style restaurant a hundred yards away.

WHAT! I think everyone should sleep in wake up and eat a huge breakfast especially Josh and Chris. I'm going to I'll take my chances on my weigh in at 9:00 after breakfast and Nick seconded that. :D

WHAT! I think everyone should sleep in wake up and eat a huge breakfast especially Josh and Chris. I'm going to I'll take my chances on my weigh in at 9:00 after breakfast and Nick seconded that. :D

Stew - I weighed 201.8# this morning - I'd like to be at 205 come weigh in time but my bulk up plan doesn't seem to be adding much bulk :blush .

After some discussion and some thought - weigh ins will start at 7:00 AM. It's going to be a long day and I want everyone to have a chance to eat breakfast after weighing in and I know a couple of you are going to be close :D . So for anyone who thinks they are going to be close - get here early and then go eat a good breakfast - there's a nice little home style restaurant a hundred yards away.

You're smart, smart man :D

Be interesting to see what I weigh in at on Monday considering my Thanksgiving day performance

I was up to 215 after thanksgiving. Probably will get rid of 5-7 pounds by Monday.

That's IMPRESSIVE :rock

Hahahahaha my water weight fluctuates really bad. A little bit of alcohol also gets me retaining fluid.

Has the opposite effect on me. Back when I used to drink a ton in college I couldn't get over 205#. I'd go on pub crawl and just be shredded the next day; my abs never looked better :D

I was up to 215 after thanksgiving. Probably will get rid of 5-7 pounds by Monday.

That's IMPRESSIVE :rock

No Josh, if he loses 5-7lbs in one sitting on Monday, that would be impressive.

214# today, only a one pound gain over Turkey day; could be worse. I'll be a cardio machine for the next two weeks.

214# today, only a one pound gain over Turkey day; could be worse. I'll be a cardio machine for the next two weeks.

Ah, I see you got the Richard Simmons DVD's I sent ya!

Yup, I was surprised when I got that; I had you pegged as a Tai-Bo guy. 211.5 today.

Yup, I was surprised when I got that; I had you pegged as a Tai-Bo guy. 211.5 today.

I am now that's why I sent you my Richard collection. Baby steps into the world of Cardio for ya big fella! :tongue

I am now that's why I sent you my Richard collection. Baby steps into the world of Cardio for ya big fella! :tongue

You should wear your screamin yellow Tai-Bo hand wraps to Gripmas :D

We shall see :D

Chris I got the fancy new Ironmind RT in today, do ya have any use for it in the contest? :) It is a much nicer piece of equipment the the old version.

We shall see :D

Chris I got the fancy new Ironmind RT in today, do ya have any use for it in the contest? :) It is a much nicer piece of equipment the the old version.

Scott bring it along - I'd love to see how it compares.

Thought I might be in trouble for the weight class. A day without carbs did the trick, 214 to 208.