Gripmas Carol 2008

climber511

I plan to take the MI strongest hands from Dave at the next MGC as well. (I was born in Port Huron)

And it's "Barbe". don't make me drive to MO.

Brent

you misspelled my name Josh, it's not "John Eaton", It's, "Brent Barbe".

I plan to beat Eaton at more than just the medley this time.

I thought it was Barbie?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

Josh - you hurt my feelings - I can't believe you don't think I will win the grippers :D:rock :rock

I plan to take the MI strongest hands from Dave at the next MGC as well. (I was born in Port Huron)

And it's "Barbe". don't make me drive to MO.

Brent

you misspelled my name Josh, it's not "John Eaton", It's, "Brent Barbe".

I plan to beat Eaton at more than just the medley this time.

I thought it was Barbie?

Well aware, couldn't resist :D

Josh - you hurt my feelings - I can't believe you don't think I will win the grippers :D:rock :rock
Chris, I would be surprised if you're not ahead of me in all events after I heard what you've done in training.

Chris, I would be surprised if you're not ahead of me in all events after I heard what you've done in training.

Eaton has a big mouth! But training is one thing and competition another - we'll see what happens.

Edited by climber511

and yet, Chris will claim that he hasn't trained in over a year. I think you need to show him whats' what.

Eaton has a big mouth! But training is one thing and competition another - we'll see what happens.

Didn't hear it from Eaton, you posted it elsewhere.

Didn't hear it from Eaton, you posted it elsewhere.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

eaton has a habit of not showing what he has in the comp and the after wards going nuts. It doesn't matte since I;ll come out ahead of him, I'm just saying.

Brent

Looks good Josh!

I might do a little better than expected in the one hand DL. I switched to a straddle style, and everything kinda clicked.

I would not be suprised if Brent did better than expected. He is one of the people I expect to see challenging Jedd and Dave for the top spots.

Also, this better be the damn year I go over 180 on the Euro.

I'll be the first to either cheer your passed 180 Euro pinch lift or lmao loudly.

Looks good Josh!

I might do a little better than expected in the one hand DL. I switched to a straddle style, and everything kinda clicked.

I would not be suprised if Brent did better than expected. He is one of the people I expect to see challenging Jedd and Dave for the top spots.

I noticed Brent's improvement a MGC but I talk to Eaton about once a week and he's gonna be tough to beat with these events, especially if he's bs-ing me on the weaver stick.

Looks like Scott is pulling 300 on the 1HDL; if you're over that, WOW!!!!!!!

and yet, Chris will claim that he hasn't trained in over a year. I think you need to show him whats' what.

I have actually trained grip (contest events) this time around. I will take a very easy workout Tuesday but Friday was my last real training session before Gripmas. Probably did 10 or 12 actual grip routines which is a lot of training for me. To be honest, I've made some some improvements but I have to put it all together on the day now. I'm also weaker on some lifts than I was prior to all this training ??? - I'm now starting the Dave Morton training routine - ice cream every night now :D .

Any thoughts on what the Texas Power Bar we will be using feels like? I have never tried a 1HDL w/ knurling before.

I seem to have (temporarily I hope) lost my penchant for 1HDL of all types since my neck/upper back went out of place a couple days before GGC reverse bending a Blue and kinking the G5 at Eaton's when he was showing me the technique. I did 265 last June, but now 245 feels pretty tough. I don't feel any pain and haven't lost strength otherwise.

300 is crazy strong for a LW Scott and Bob!

Edited by odin

How many guys are in the open class anyway? In any case, I would like to place in the top 7 this time around(open class). We'll see what happens.......are you all ready for a Foxin'?? :rock:D JK!!

Brent Barbe

Jesse Reimann

Nick Rosendaul

Jedd Johnson

Jeremiah Fox

Dave Thornton

John Eaton

Clayton Gellatly

Joe Hashey

Joey Carr

That's the Open Class - looks like ten of you big guys!

Ten guys huh?.........Make that top 5!

Also, this better be the damn year I go over 180 on the Euro.

Yeah, me too!! I came about a hair away from pulling 200 at SOHGC this year, and have been pulling 230 on my homemade 2HP device, so I really wanna be in the low 200's at least! :cool:rock

I hope I have a little advantage because I have been working all the events in each session, minus a medley of course.

I think 250 might go on the OHDL.

Oh! I forgot its a one hand dead lift. hummm, I guess I better pull that a few times before the contest to see were I'm at. :laugh

Goodies are on the way from FBBC. Good luck guys!

Goodies are on the way from FBBC. Good luck guys!

Thanks John - I'm sure most of you are aware of Johns and FBBC's support of all grip contests but just in case you're new to the board or have been living under a rock or something - John's one of the good guys of grip - sponsoring and supporting all things strength. So when you spend your money to buy your new toys - remember him and all the rest of the companies you see on the sponsor lists for the various contests you attend. All we need now is to get "you" to attend as well :laugh

Edited by climber511

Chris is your garage heated?

Jesse - my "garage gym" isn't really a garage in the normal sense. I will have most of the equipment out to make room for people but it may not be what you're expecting. Yes it has heat (and AC). I'll have it about 62 degrees but with all the people etc - it seems about right I think. For you and all new guys, here's some general info. I will have water, pop etc to drink all day but no snacks or lunch of any kind so bring what you think you'll need for a 5 - 6 or so hour contest. If you want a chair - please bring it - I have a couple is all. There will be a Port O Let beside the building for the guys and the inside the house restroom for the ladies please. After the contest proper - I am furnishing supper for competitors and spectators alike. I'll pass out the trophies, prizes, etc and then the fun starts. Everyone does the feats of strength of their choice - phonebooks - cards - horseshoes - nails thru a board etc etc etc. Please bring any phonebooks, cards, steel etc that you have also - I have some but not enough for all. This is the time to learn how to do things. Everyone coaches everyone - laughs at each other - pushes each other, it's the real fun of grip contests I think and a chance to learn from some of the best. I furnish cheap beer so if you like something special - bring your own. Wives and friends are welcome but no young children please.

Things to bring - Lifting belt, any knee braces etc you might want or need - remember we have the Dinnie Stone replicas at over 700# so at least I'll be strapped and wrapped like a mummy for that. Snacks for lunch. I furnish chalk, wet wipes to clean your hands, towels to wipe sweat etc - all that kind of stuff. Don't forget any items you might have to trade or sell - several people are bringing items to try to move out to make room for more or at least different toys.

Edited by climber511

Ok Chris Bob and I are running through the events. First I going to say 300lbs is hummmm, doable by someone other then I :D

Second I think Bob wants to kick you in the pee-pee for the weaver stick event :blink I'll bring you a cup just in case. :D

Oh and while he at it I will get in on the kicking also, I hate the STICK.

Ok Chris Bob and I are running through the events. First I going to say 300lbs is hummmm, doable by someone other then I :D

Second I think Bob wants to kick you in the pee-pee for the weaver stick event :blink I'll bring you a cup just in case. :D

Oh and while he at it I will get in on the kicking also, I hate the STICK.

Thanks for having me over Scott.

I did 5 lbs. on the Weaver Stick and missed 7.5-yikes. Feels weird. I know one area I'll be focusing on in training next year. Is it too late to switch the event to thumbless RT? :help